Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 02, 2011, 02:57:38 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 02, 2011, 01:47:12 PM
Even before Rooney's great goal I was worried about the ref. It wasn't just the failure to send Luiz off and the joke of a penalty given to Chelsea or the penalty not given to United for Terry's handball - he was at it all night. Ivanovic sat on Nani after Nani nutmegged him out at the corner flag and it was "play on"! One of those nights but please in future spare us the "United own the refs" garbage. It is bloody annoying granted and its happening too much against Chelsea for my liking!

Great game to face into to start the recovery. Liverpool have been a bit more spirited under Dalglish so will be tough to beat but to win the title United have to start picking up a few away wins at tricky places.

I'll replay because you usually chat sense.

1. You never mentioned Chelsea's disallowed goal?
2. Ivanovic and Nani tumbled together. It looked like both over balanced OR Nani pulled him back.
3. The Terry penalty incident would've been very harsh. Ball hit with pace and hands tight by his side. If it was deliberate that's the 'back up keeper' issue sorted.
4. You never mentioned Rooney's dive in the penalty box that should've been a yellow.
5. Luiz definately should've got red. No doubt. Any reason with Hernandez held his face when Luiz fouled him considering the charge was to the chest.
6. No mention of Rooney's charge on Ramieres (I think it's called the 'McCarthy') that should've been a yellow.
7. The penalty I was not too sure about until the after match replays. Definately a pen on play back.

The last few games when Chelsea have been very poor e.g. Liverpool and Everton at home we've had clear, clear penalties turned down (Johnson's push on Ivan and Howard felling Ramires). However I've not really gone on about it because we deserved nowt out of the games. Sometimes you get the luck you deserve. Last night, Chelsea were very unlucky not to score via Zhirkov and Ivan. In my opinion the luck via the Luiz decision was earned and the best team won.

Can't let all that go, a few to take issue with:
3. Terry's hands were definitely not by his side and his arm was pushed towards the ball to make the block. He reacted to the shot and moved his arm towards the ball. Whether he moved his chest close to that is irrelevant.
5. A reverse angle clearly showed his shoulder met with Hernandez's chin. That was certainly not a dive or faking, not that it had any influence whatsoever anyway.
6. Rooney met Ramires with his shoulder and was side by side, it was not a yellow and in the English game probably not even a free.

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on March 02, 2011, 04:30:47 PM
Ferdinand wil be playing, Jedi mind tricks again.

Rio hasn't been able to train since he injured his calf in the warm up before the Wolves game, Fergie will be hoping he's back for the Marseille game.

& Evra is also a big doubt for Sunday went off with a bang to the knee last night with 10mins to go.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: ross4life on March 02, 2011, 04:43:40 PM

Rio hasn't been able to train since he injured his calf in the warm up before the Wolves game, Fergie will be hoping he's back for the Marseille game.

& Evra is also a big doubt for Sunday went off with a bang to the knee last night with 10mins to go.

Are you Mike Phelan? How do you know all this shit about Rio not being able to train and Fergie hoping that he will be back for Marseille?

ross4life

I choose to remain anonymous.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bingo

Boycey

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on March 02, 2011, 04:48:21 PM

Are you Mike Phelan? How do you know all this shit about Rio not being able to train and Fergie hoping that he will be back for Marseille?

Maybe he reads the papers, looks at the internet?

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Boycey on March 02, 2011, 04:59:07 PM

Maybe they aren't correct?

Boycey

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on March 02, 2011, 05:03:56 PM
Quote from: Boycey on March 02, 2011, 04:59:07 PM

Maybe they aren't correct?

And maybe you are looking for conspiricy or mind games that aren't there? But what is indisputable is that Ferdinand got injured in warm up at Wolves and hasn't played since so I'd suggest that maybe he is injured. I saw someone suggest that evening that it was a ploy from Fergie to get him out of International duty ::) the following Wednesday

ross4life

Current table

Man United P28 Pts 60
Arsenal P27 Pts 56
Man City P28 Pts 50
Chelsea P27 pts 48

Last season

Chelsea P27 Pts 61
Man United P28 Pts 60
Arsenal P27 Pts 55
Man City 28 Pts 50

Interesting...........

The Worker

Any word on who the ref for the weekend is?

118cmal

Quote from: The Worker on March 02, 2011, 06:32:33 PM

Howard Webb hopefully.  Need a strong ref.

The Worker

Quote from: 118cmal on March 02, 2011, 06:33:34 PM

Howard Webb hopefully.  Need a strong ref.

why whats he bench?

ross4life

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on March 02, 2011, 06:47:31 PM

Phil Dowd

Is this the same ref that failed to send off Vidic in last years carling cup final when it was a professional foul?

ross4life

He gave a penalty & villa scored better than what Birmingham got this year & ask the Arse fan's he was the ref for the 4-4 draw with Newcastle.