Lunches

Started by The Real Laoislad, August 18, 2010, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 19, 2010, 05:36:14 PM
Just experimented with a new sambo combination that went down well...Corned beef, nice slice of mature cheddar cheese and a dollop of Mayo on brown bread. Yum yum.

I'll have to give that a go. I tend to be a lazy f**ker when it comes to making lunch sandwiches so the easier the better.

omagh_gael

Quote from: lurganblue on August 19, 2010, 05:46:34 PM
Just experimented with a new sambo combination that went down well...Corned beef, nice slice of mature cheddar cheese and a dollop of Mayo on brown bread. Yum yum.

I'll have to give that a go. I tend to be a lazy f**ker when it comes to making lunch sandwiches so the easier the better.

Washed down with a mug of good strong tae. Hard to beat.

Puckoon

Thats corned beef from a can, right?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2010, 06:06:06 PM

Some gear on a sandwich with brown sauce. Seems to be only men that like it though.

Puckoon

Ah - real corned beef is the ticket. That stuff tastes like shite.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2010, 06:10:40 PM
Ah - real corned beef is the ticket. That stuff tastes like shite.
I'm no connoisseur of shite so I'll have to take your word for it.

The Worker

Subway. 6 inch sub, pack of space raiders, and a pint of milk, 3.50

The Real Laoislad

A 6" Subway isn't enough for me to calm the hunger pangs,I prefer the foot long(thats what she said) with the Italian herb bread
Maybe you pen pushers who sit at a desk all day don't work up the same appetite that I would..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 19, 2010, 09:25:09 PM
A 6" Subway isn't enough for me to calm the hunger pangs,I prefer the foot long(thats what she said) with the Italian herb bread
Maybe you pen pushers who sit at a desk all day don't work up the same appetite that I would..
same here, has to be foot long
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

omagh_gael

Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2010, 06:06:06 PM

Not from a can puck. Was good posh stuff from M&S in a nice fancy pack. Tasted good!

tyssam5

Quote from: Wee Shea on August 19, 2010, 01:37:57 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on August 19, 2010, 12:14:42 AM
Shea Palomo is a rip off. If you insist on eating out why not get a sandwich from subway next door, the cookery nook or that one in north street.

Subway is the biggest rip off about. For a footlong, crisps and a drink its about £6.50 or £7. It isn't even that nice!

Puck - I am not in the vicinity of making serious money! I am pretty good at wasting serious money. I don't have that many outgoings and just waste the rest.

I think if you have microwave facilities the best thing to do is make extra for your dinner then take it in with ya the next day. Pasta, soup, stew, lasagne - all great the next day.

'$5 footlong' here. Work from home, can be boring at times, but this thread made me calculate how much I save in food and  transport. Very nice. Just made myself a nice wee lunch there, potatos, onions, peppers and fried egg. 3pm now, suppose I should think about having a shower soon, maybe a wee w**k break first to relieve the day's stress. :)

gawa316

Put a bit of grilled chicken ina bowl and mix it up with mayo and curry powder, comes out a bit like coronation chick. WHack in a couple of bits of cold bacon and you've got a lovely sarnie

The Gs Man

9p noodles from Tescos, in between a coupla rounds of bread.
Keep 'er lit

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: spuds on August 19, 2010, 04:48:02 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2010, 04:34:30 PM
Quote from: spuds on August 19, 2010, 01:48:04 PM
EUROSPAR, HARTSTOWN, DUBH LINN

Walker prawns cocktail crisp €0.60
Litre milk €1.27
Gov. bag levy €0.22
Large tae €2.20
Portion curly chips €1.65
Salad roll €4.04
Banana *2 €0.64
Apple €0.49
Muffin wild blueberry €1.99

TOTAL.        €13.10

Thats what you eat for lunch? Or even during the work day?

Jesus.

Tony - 'Baloney' just a regular turkey, cheese, coleslaw, jalapeno sandwich on wheat bread. Not a monster 6inch sub.

When I buy a sandwich out though - it is a 1 footer!
That does me till dinnertime, might leave the bananas till the morrow for between breakfast and lunch.

Why don't you 'bulk' buy the bananas in somewhere like, for example, Dunnes, Superquinn, Aldi, LIDL, etc. They last a fair while in the fridge, and fair bit cheaper than that. Same for the apples, and crisps.

And why don't you have a reusable bag, lazy git  ;)

There, that's €2 taken off your daily bill. That's a €10 per working-week you owe me (as your financial adviser, obviously, leaving a bit for yourself of course).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

supersarsfields

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 19, 2010, 11:46:05 PM
Quote from: spuds on August 19, 2010, 04:48:02 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2010, 04:34:30 PM
Quote from: spuds on August 19, 2010, 01:48:04 PM
EUROSPAR, HARTSTOWN, DUBH LINN

Walker prawns cocktail crisp €0.60
Litre milk €1.27
Gov. bag levy €0.22
Large tae €2.20
Portion curly chips €1.65
Salad roll €4.04
Banana *2 €0.64
Apple €0.49
Muffin wild blueberry €1.99

TOTAL.        €13.10

Thats what you eat for lunch? Or even during the work day?

Jesus.

Tony - 'Baloney' just a regular turkey, cheese, coleslaw, jalapeno sandwich on wheat bread. Not a monster 6inch sub.

When I buy a sandwich out though - it is a 1 footer!
That does me till dinnertime, might leave the bananas till the morrow for between breakfast and lunch.

Why don't you 'bulk' buy the bananas in somewhere like, for example, Dunnes, Superquinn, Aldi, LIDL, etc. They last a fair while in the fridge, and fair bit cheaper than that. Same for the apples, and crisps.

And why don't you have a reusable bag, lazy git  ;)

There, that's €2 taken off your daily bill. That's a €10 per working-week you owe me (as your financial adviser, obviously, leaving a bit for yourself of course).

You shouldn't refridgerate bananas!!