Epilepsy

Started by Farrandeelin, March 31, 2010, 09:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Understand what you are saying mate, I've been seizure free for going on 13 years and I'm so reliant on driving now I don't know what I would do if that was to change and I took a seizure.
All I can say is I got very lucky that my medication seemed to control the seizures (epilum 500) but I know plenty who have never found the right stuff.
Hope it all works out for you mate.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 10, 2016, 09:25:14 AM
Seem to be talking to myself here. Anyway here goes. Nothing to lose. A couple of days after I wrote that post I had a seizure at school just after lunch ended. Luckily I was in the staffroom at the time. It prevented me from driving for a year, which at the time was hard to take. The months were trundling on. I had one over the summer on my last night on honeymoon. I suppose what triggered that one was the comedown from the previous few weeks. Then a fortnight or 3 weeks ago, I had a bad one. I was at school in the morning so no child was in the room with me. Haven't a clue how or what triggered it. I'm just worried sick that I won't be able to drive again. I am sick to the pit of my stomach that it might happen in school in front of a child. I don't know what to do about these latest ones. But I'm not happy. Rant over.
Do the docs not modify your medication if you get breakthrough seizures? There are plenty of options and combinations out there. As Longshanks says you may need to keep going to find the right stuff. My wee lad is on a combination of Epilim (slow release granules) and Lamictal and seems to do the trick.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 10, 2016, 02:08:00 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 10, 2016, 09:25:14 AM
Seem to be talking to myself here. Anyway here goes. Nothing to lose. A couple of days after I wrote that post I had a seizure at school just after lunch ended. Luckily I was in the staffroom at the time. It prevented me from driving for a year, which at the time was hard to take. The months were trundling on. I had one over the summer on my last night on honeymoon. I suppose what triggered that one was the comedown from the previous few weeks. Then a fortnight or 3 weeks ago, I had a bad one. I was at school in the morning so no child was in the room with me. Haven't a clue how or what triggered it. I'm just worried sick that I won't be able to drive again. I am sick to the pit of my stomach that it might happen in school in front of a child. I don't know what to do about these latest ones. But I'm not happy. Rant over.
Do the docs not modify your medication if you get breakthrough seizures? There are plenty of options and combinations out there. As Longshanks says you may need to keep going to find the right stuff. My wee lad is on a combination of Epilim (slow release granules) and Lamictal and seems to do the trick.
I have an appointment with the neurologist on Thurs to see if I will be upped or changed. Just hoping I can get it more stable. Or back to night only even.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.