Meath Fans Behaviour

Started by thejuice, August 05, 2007, 11:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Ok I dont like having a go at our own fans but something has to be said.

After the game while everyone was walking down Clonliffe road, a gang of Meath fans about 20-30 had set about pulling down Dublin flags from sign posts. In isolation it wasnt very serious but can be provocative and could provoke the wrong type of reaction. They had lifted a bloke up so that he could force the flag of the sign and it was thrown about and torn by the Meath "fans".

They were then egged on by a bunch of other idiots to tear down the next flag that was met. Imagine grown adults being egged on by teenagers to misbehave and they actually did so. I think one Clonliffe resident had to go out and save his flag that was hanging in the garden from this mob. I dont like this kind of loutish behavior and it was sad to see. Theres no need for it and these idiots will give other Meath fans a bad name.

There was a Garda there but he was seriously out-numbered and i suppose there was not alot he could do except make sure that someone didnt get hurt or damage was done to public property. After what was a good game and the joy of Meath coming out the right side of the result to see that was really disappointing. Shame on them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Blacksheep

They could use boys like this in Lurgan where there's a few flags need removing.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Bogball XV

Quote from: thejuice on August 05, 2007, 11:08:44 AM
Ok I dont like having a go at our own fans but something has to be said.

After the game while everyone was walking down Clonliffe road, a gang of Meath fans about 20-30 had set about pulling down Dublin flags from sign posts. In isolation it wasnt very serious but can be provocative and could provoke the wrong type of reaction. They had lifted a bloke up so that he could force the flag of the sign and it was thrown about and torn by the Meath "fans".

They were then egged on by a bunch of other idiots to tear down the next flag that was met. Imagine grown adults being egged on by teenagers to misbehave and they actually did so. I think one Clonliffe resident had to go out and save his flag that was hanging in the garden from this mob. I dont like this kind of loutish behavior and it was sad to see. Theres no need for it and these idiots will give other Meath fans a bad name.

There was a Garda there but he was seriously out-numbered and i suppose there was not alot he could do except make sure that someone didnt get hurt or damage was done to public property. After what was a good game and the joy of Meath coming out the right side of the result to see that was really disappointing. Shame on them.
Maybe a few lightening up tablets required juice.  I remember coming home from a Meath v Dublin game a few years ago, halfway up the Navan Road this lad (who had the house bedecked in Dubs colours) was standing on the roof of his porch waving a giant Dubs flag with 'Cheerio' on it - I thought it was great myself, part of the craic.

rashCharacter

Catch a grip juice will you.
I was there as a neutal and witnessed the events on the clonliffe road.
It was only a bit of craic and was enjoyed as such by everyone in attendance.

Dont Matter

Dont worry juice, it's true Meath have some scummy fans but not as much as Dublin. They just riped up a few flags, imagine what the stinkin Dub's would do if they went down to Navan.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Canalman

Jeez if this was the behaviour of the Dublin fans we would have 6 pages already of indignation and vitriol.Just shows that every town and county in Ireland has a serious "underclass" of lowlifes.
My brother's mate drives a taxi and is usually a "Grab All Association/Bogball" type of soccer supporter but he is adamant that Dublin fans are not the worst fans after the games.

Jinxy

Quote from: Canalman on August 05, 2007, 01:51:50 PM
Jeez if this was the behaviour of the Dublin fans we would have 6 pages already of indignation and vitriol.Just shows that every town and county in Ireland has a serious "underclass" of lowlifes.
My brother's mate drives a taxi and is usually a "Grab All Association/Bogball" type of soccer supporter but he is adamant that Dublin fans are not the worst fans after the games.

Brilliant! If there's one section of Irish society that consistently give reasonable and well thought out opinions on all sorts of matters, it's our taxi drivers. :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ziggysego

Must have been the ones that I was sitting behind. I right shower of See-You-Next-Tuesday. Still, I won't fault the supporters for the sake of a handful. Must of them were dead-on and where quite gracious in their victory.
Testing Accessibility

Hound

Tearing down flags is definitely provocative, and its not great to see. The danger is that lads like these get braver, and attract more scumbags to their ranks, and suddenly they're down looking for a fight. And they'll have little problem finiding a shower of Dublin scumbags to accomodate them.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hound on August 05, 2007, 07:09:18 PM
Tearing down flags is definitely provocative, and its not great to see. The danger is that lads like these get braver, and attract more scumbags to their ranks, and suddenly they're down looking for a fight. And they'll have little problem finiding a shower of Dublin scumbags to accomodate them.

Who'd win? Meath scumbags or Dublin scumbags
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thejuice

Quote from: rashCharacter on August 05, 2007, 01:01:05 PM
Catch a grip juice will you.
I was there as a neutal and witnessed the events on the clonliffe road.
It was only a bit of craic and was enjoyed as such by everyone in attendance.

Well as long as everyone realises its just a bit of craic, bit of a laugh, but what if someone doesnt see it that way. I feel it crossed a line.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

galla

Jinxy

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNfscY1Vg4

The lads start hitting the flag with their slippers when they get it down.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dont Matter

QuoteWho'd win? Meath scumbags or Dublin scumbags

I think Dublin because they have more scumbags.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

galla

my friend started comparing it to when the americans pulled down the statue of sadam hussein