Meath Fans Behaviour

Started by thejuice, August 05, 2007, 11:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on August 06, 2007, 03:28:17 PM
Well Jinxy,

would you say tearing down the flags was just a bit of craic, maybe i am over-reacting but i felt it went beyond whats acceptable behaviour. I dont expect everyone to be a saint but I just felt to go out and destroy a rivals colours after the game might have cause an unpleasent reaction.

To them I'm sure it seemed like just a bit of craic. I wouldn't approve of that sort of behaviour but I honestly don't think it was malicious in nature. I woke up one morning after a night out and there was a traffic cone beside my bed. Like your man that climbed up after the flag, I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on August 06, 2007, 03:29:04 PM
So the tar all brush is only used for the Dubs then? This is total sc**bag behavior and if a bunch of Dub's rightly tried to stop that bunch of Meath scum it could of  ended bad. But of course when its not the dubs involved its just a bit of craic and and does no harm , and best of all ignored by the majority of people where is the likes of Laoislad now ?

Was at a wedding actually Gnevin but thanks for being concerned of my whereabouts i missed you too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

neutral

If I left a Tyrone flag up at the gates of Croker, how long would it last?

paddypastit

Galla, your friend needs to get out more.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 06, 2007, 03:49:13 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 06, 2007, 03:29:04 PM
So the tar all brush is only used for the Dubs then? This is total sc**bag behavior and if a bunch of Dub's rightly tried to stop that bunch of Meath scum it could of  ended bad. But of course when its not the dubs involved its just a bit of craic and and does no harm , and best of all ignored by the majority of people where is the likes of Laoislad now ?

Was at a wedding actually Gnevin but thanks for being concerned of my whereabouts i missed you too
So LL where's the disgust ? the outrage?  the moral offense ?
A bit of pointing and you where nearly a broken man surely you'll have a great deal of outrage here ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Wasn't at the match so can't comment Gnevin.Plus i sponsor the Offical Meath GPA Football Calender so i can't speak out against them.Plus it was only a harmless bit of fun and the Meath fans as in Jinky etc don't get as wound up as you do so it wouldn't be any fun...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dont Matter

It's interesting that a Meath man started this thread. You'd never see a Dub starting a thread complaining about their own supporters. I dont agree with what the Meath scumbags done and it was lucky the Dublin scumbags were away shooting up because there could of been a lot of trouble.  :P
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tyrone Dreamer

The reason Dublin got so much abuse was that it wasnt a couple of drunk fans acting the eejit but instead members of the team who were supposed to be playing in an important match and who are looked up to by thousands of kids.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 06, 2007, 04:21:02 PM
Wasn't at the match so can't comment Gnevin.Plus i sponsor the Offical Meath GPA Football Calender so i can't speak out against them.Plus it was only a harmless bit of fun and the Meath fans as in Jinky etc don't get as wound up as you do so it wouldn't be any fun...
Well done  Neo, I mean Laoislad i love how you dodged that . Theirs a link on you tube so you can comment on that. What's sponsoring a calender go to do with anything? Your commenting on the issue not the team or the calender  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

As i said it was a harmless bit of fun..I didn't see any of them throwing bottles at oppostion players or roaring abuse at kids coz they happenend to be wearing the wrong colour jersey..
What would you be saying if it was Dublin fans ripping down the flags i would lay my mortagage on it that you would defend them

You'll Never Walk Alone.

SuperSub

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 05, 2007, 11:29:35 PM
QuoteWho'd win? Meath scumbags or Dublin scumbags

I think Dublin because they have more scumbags.

Definatly the Dublin scumbags they wouldn't stop until someone was killed

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 06, 2007, 05:47:27 PM
As i said it was a harmless bit of fun..I didn't see any of them throwing bottles at oppostion players or roaring abuse at kids coz they happenend to be wearing the wrong colour jersey..
What would you be saying if it was Dublin fans ripping down the flags i would lay my mortagage on it that you would defend them

Well you owe me one mortgage because I'm not so narrow-minded that i cant see beyond the blue , It was scum bag behaviour and potentially dangerous too. I've never defended scum bag behaviour here and never will .

SuperSub

I don't think it was sc**bag behaviour.Dangerous though as he would have had a serious drop to the ground if he fell
I think you would have defended them Gnevin.Yourself Tankie and that other fool INDIANA were the only posters not too think that the actions of the Dublin players as regards goading etc wasn't wrong or potentally dangerous as it could have caused a row in the stands

Gnevin

Quote from: SuperSub on August 06, 2007, 06:10:31 PM
I don't think it was sc**bag behaviour.Dangerous though as he would have had a serious drop to the ground if he fell
I think you would have defended them Gnevin.Yourself Tankie and that other fool INDIANA were the only posters not too think that the actions of the Dublin players as regards goading etc wasn't wrong or potentally dangerous as it could have caused a row in the stands
Climbing up a poll and destoring a flag is not scum bag behaviour, catch a grip!
We weren't the only ones many others here  and in the media who said it was blow out of all proportion, I also said it was wrong but no worse than the veribal heard up and down the country  .You and LL are the one's who seem to think that you can say anything you want but never point which is total crap or maybe the Dublin players should of punched the Laois players ........... cue 20 thread