Ulster Minor Final - Derry v Tyrone

Started by ONeill, June 25, 2007, 11:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

What's the latest with this story?

I thought I heard Spillane read out the rules which confirmed they cannot appeal?

If this is the case why have the media not confirmed this?
There's nothing printed since Monday & even though Tyrone admit it was wide, the manager does not want a replay as per BBC below

Tyrone boss Raymond Munroe said he thought it was a wide but believes the result should stand.

He added: "To be quite honest, I thought it didn't go over the bar. There are officials out there, it's not my part to play.

"Everybody makes mistakes - it's a tough call, if it didn't go over the bar, but there are officials out there to act on that, five officials there in that area.

"I can't change that. If we did win it with a point like that then that's unfortunate.

"But we have been on the end of bad decisions many times as well. It's cruel, but that's football."

Loup Bandit

Maguire01

just up on BBC this afternoon:

QuoteDerry fail to have final replayed 

Derry have failed in their bid to have the Ulster Minor Football Championship final against Tyrone replayed.
The Oak Leaf county board had lodged an objection into the result of the game on the grounds that a point awarded to Tyrone in the first half had gone wide.

The Red Hands went on to win the game by a single point, with the help of an injury-time score.

A meeting of the Ulster Council's Competitions Control Committee decided the objection could not be dealt with.

"The referees report for the Ulster Minor Football Championship Final was adopted and in accordance with Rule, the committee confirmed the result of the game," said Ulster PRO Michael Hasson.

and on RTE:
QuoteDerry fail in Ulster Minor appeal
Wednesday, 25 July 2007 16:09

Derry have failed in their bid to have the Ulster Minor Football Championship final against Tyrone replayed.

The Oak Leaf county board had lodged an objection into the result of the game on the grounds that a point awarded to Tyrone in the first half had gone wide.

The Red Hands went on to win the game by a single point, with the help of an injury-time score.

A meeting of the Ulster Council's Competitions Control Committee decided that the objection from Derry could not be dealt with, in accordance with Rule 151 (n) T.O. 2007.

'The referees report for the Ulster Minor Football Championship Final, Derry v Tyrone was adopted and in accordance with Rule, the committee confirmed the result of the game,' said Ulster PRO Michael Hasson

Case closed!

orangeman

As I said before - It's over when it's over ! And now it's over !