Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

sheamy

Quote from: AQMP on October 07, 2011, 01:51:08 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 07, 2011, 01:35:10 PM
Don't really think it will make much difference to the hardcore Dana voters, they are more for her on social/religious grounds.
She'll loss some of the floaters she's attracted though.

Who's next Gallagher or Tiny Tim/Dobbie?

Odds-on Gallagher!  He's on the up...he'll have to be cut down!

Gallagher was part and parcel of Fianna Fail...who needs dirt?!

sheamy

There is nothing to throw at wee Mickey other than that awful shite he writes as poetry and the fact that he is tiny and would look silly in photos. We therefore have a winner  ???

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2011, 01:55:27 PM
why would anyone bother releasing dirt about Dana? It's like kicking the three legged donkey in the Grand National.

Better than backing him, as I've done more than once.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Hound on October 07, 2011, 01:57:26 PM
At the moment Gallagher is way ahead in terms of getting my number 1 vote. I've never seen him on TV before, but he's impressed me as someone who I'd be confident would do and say the right things when meeting with any foreign dignataries and he could potentially be an asset for Ireland.

Norris is getting no.7 for me, because of his views on the age of consent and "grooming".

Struggling with 2 to 6.

I would have been very anti-Sinn Fein, but I'm coming round, and I do admire McGuinness. Would be worried about him being president and some nasty incident coming out of the closet. Have any Unionist politicians made any comments about his running for president?

I think Mitchell and Higgins are both terrible candidates and a sad reflection on FG and Labour.

I initially liked Mary Davis. But finding out she's on €150k from Special Olympics and still has time to get €40k+ per annum for sitting on quangos makes me resent her. Or maybe its just envy. But it means I don't want to give her a low number.

I can't see myself giving Dana a low number either, but the fact that she might even be in contention for my number 2 or 3 is very worrying.

Majority of Unionist politicians have avoided saying anything "it's a different country"
The usual suspects have come out and carped on about the past Gregory and Arlene (yet have been happy enough to work along side him for the last few years), more interesting is that quite a few unionist voters, loyalists, protestants and also victims of the IRA in the north have come out and backed Martin as well.
Funnily this tends to be over looked by the "southern" media!
Tbc....

Ulick

Quote from: sheamy on October 07, 2011, 02:02:48 PM
There is nothing to throw at wee Mickey other than that awful shite he writes as poetry and the fact that he is tiny and would look silly in photos. We therefore have a winner  ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udIGH58fmiU

AQMP

Quote from: Ulick on October 07, 2011, 02:26:05 PM

Listen, there's a recession on!!

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sheamy

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 07, 2011, 03:05:43 PM
Quote from: sheamy on October 07, 2011, 02:00:44 PM
Quote from: AQMP on October 07, 2011, 01:51:08 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 07, 2011, 01:35:10 PM

Gallagher was part and parcel of Fianna Fail...who needs dirt?!

Martin was part and parcel of the IRA................who needs dirt?

so were Cathal Brugha, Sean Mac Eoin and Michael Collins. Do we really need to have this conversation again?

sheamy

Quote from: AQMP on October 07, 2011, 02:37:49 PM
Quote from: Ulick on October 07, 2011, 02:26:05 PM

Listen, there's a recession on!!

Class! Heard about that...fair play to him!

Denn Forever

No it is just that everyone has a past. 

I was a bit surprised that you were basing your support/non support on what people were doing before this election.  Surely it should be on what they are standing on for this election (Mickey D being an exception).
means what he says...

Main Street

I don't know but I fear a resurgent wave of sympathy towards Dana if this mudslinging continues against the saintly one.

How does Michael D manage to keep aloof from the 'foibles' of the Labour party? If he were still a viable ministerial candidate, he would be in the present government, backing the bank guarantee with his ministerial sword, faster than you can say Joan Burton.

sheamy

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 07, 2011, 03:26:04 PM

I was a bit surprised that you were basing your support/non support on what people were doing before this election.  Surely it should be on what they are standing on for this election (Mickey D being an exception).

I would warmly embrace that lad! It just hasn't happened yet. The whole thing seems to be a pathetic attempt to blacken candidates rather than explore exactly what each of them could bring to the table as president.

I'd be very interested indeed in a debate around the vision each has, their standing on the world stage, and what message or theme each would pursue. I fear that's too much too expect though.

As I said, it seems to be he who says least, or has been least controversial remains standing. A sad reflection on Irish people of today. Actually, let me rephrase that. Not Irish people. I think Irish people have more intelligence than the blustering media types allied to the professional politicial class who bankrupted the country give them credit for.

thebigfella

Quote from: sheamy on October 07, 2011, 03:33:05 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on October 07, 2011, 03:26:04 PM

I would warmly embrace that lad! It just hasn't happened yet. The whole thing seems to be a pathetic attempt to blacken candidates rather than explore exactly what each of them could bring to the table as president.

I'd be very interested indeed in a debate around the vision each has, their standing on the world stage, and what message or theme each would pursue. I fear that's too much too expect though.

As I said, it seems to be he who says least, or has been least controversial remains standing. A sad reflection on Irish people of today. Actually, let me rephrase that. Not Irish people. I think Irish people have more intelligence than the blustering media types allied to the professional politicial class who bankrupted the country give them credit for.

Where's my Nama?

Denn Forever

My point was that you were doing exactly what the Meeja are doing to MMG.
means what he says...

Main Street

Quote from: sheamy on October 07, 2011, 03:33:05 PM

Well, I'm sure Michael D was a bit embarrassed by all the focus on his standing in the tv debate