Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Jeez Seanie that's a pathetic clickbait piece I'm genuinely surprised at you...

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on November 27, 2018, 03:54:19 PM

The author, Andy Mitten, would be well respected in Man Utd circles I would have thought. Editor & founder (I think) of Man Utd fanzine "United We Stand".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

rodney trotter

United have been boring to watch a lot longer then the Mourinho period. Even going back to the final few years under Ferguson , they weren't great. Van Persie won utd the title with an aging squad.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Hound on November 27, 2018, 09:17:55 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 26, 2018, 05:12:12 PM
Quote from: Hound on November 26, 2018, 04:29:50 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 26, 2018, 04:01:39 PM
People grow up and they take on real responsibilities.

At that point, sports is a distraction to be enjoyed. It's only natural that, in that context, you disassociate a bit when your team struggles.
100%.

It's entertainment.

Lap it up when your team wins a big game, and even more if they win a trophy. And jump on that bandwagon when your team is on a good streak. But life's far too short for getting depressed when your team of millionaires only draws 0-0 with Crystal Palace on a miserable weekend in November. Though no harm giving out about a manager or player, that's part of the fun/entertainment too!

Is supporting a sports team meant to be entertainment like say the likes of a concert or a movie is?  supporters from Ireland that go over to games meet up with friends have a few drinks and make it entertaining weekend however when they attend games I'm sure most support the team by clapping,singing or whatever than sitting quietly and waiting to be entertained.
Of course, part of the whole entertainment of attending soccer games is the clapping and singing, etc. Being part of the atmosphere.
Part of supporting the team when attending a game. Not much in way of entertainment watching United play nowadays but clapping might at least keep the hands warm.  A big part of the atmosphere is meant to drive on the home team while trying to intimidate the opposition.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 27, 2018, 05:33:27 PM
United have been boring to watch a lot longer then the Mourinho period. Even going back to the final few years under Ferguson , they weren't great. Van Persie won utd the title with an aging squad.

A bit of a myth, he scored 26 league goals in a season when Manchester United scored 86 goals. The season before the league was only lost on goals difference to neighbours Manchester City and without Van Persie 89 goals was scored.

On Jose Mourinho the football is boring but not as boring as Van Gaal football yet I think. Biggest problem with Manchester United this season is there are a shambles in defence and are no longer difficult to beat. I'd wonder how much that has to do with the departure of Rui Faria and replacing with inexperienced coach?

BennyCake

Smalling and Jones at centre back. Sweet Jaysus, need I say more?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 27, 2018, 06:14:28 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 27, 2018, 05:33:27 PM

A bit of a myth, he scored 26 league goals in a season when Manchester United scored 86 goals. The season before the league was only lost on goals difference to neighbours Manchester City and without Van Persie 89 goals was scored.

On Jose Mourinho the football is boring but not as boring as Van Gaal football yet I think. Biggest problem with Manchester United this season is there are a shambles in defence and are no longer difficult to beat. I'd wonder how much that has to do with the departure of Rui Faria and replacing with inexperienced coach?

What else has changed? The same players are there.

magpie seanie

Anyone see Mourinho's pre match interview and then his reaction to Rashford's miss? He's actively trying to destroy him.

BennyCake

Felliani lets Jose know he's fit to start.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on November 27, 2018, 05:19:26 PM
Quote from: Boycey on November 27, 2018, 03:54:19 PM

The author, Andy Mitten, would be well respected in Man Utd circles I would have thought. Editor & founder (I think) of Man Utd fanzine "United We Stand".

Yes, very well known and respected. Charlie Mitten, who I think was his granduncle (definitely a relative), played for Busby back in the late 40's winning an FA Cup medal.

Cunny Funt

0-0 at home against arguably the worst team in the Champions league and the young boys keeper isn't that over worked either. Mourinho will likely sub off the players that are showing a bit of life in Rashford,Lingard,Fred and he will bring on Pogba,Lukaku,Mata.

OgraAnDun

Fallaini has just been a big clumsy obstruction for Utd when in possession all night long.

OgraAnDun

Was nailed on to score after that post  ;D

Helix

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 27, 2018, 09:33:10 PM
Fallaini has just been a big clumsy obstruction for Utd when in possession all night long.

Clumsy match winner
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

gawa316

De Gea save was unbelievable