Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteWhat are yous arguing about? They're all shit.

I wasn't arguing.  Carmen singled out WR, while I pointed out that the whole team led by Captain Comedy were a joke.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: under the bar on June 27, 2010, 05:37:34 PM

I wasn't arguing.  Carmen singled out WR, while I pointed out that the whole team led by Captain Comedy were a joke.

Check again mate.

Shrewdness

Even as a United fan ,nobody can deny that Rooney has had a very poor World Cup.To think that people were mentioning him last season in the same breath as Messi is laughable i'm afraid. 

under the bar

Check again mate.

Correct, it was Longrunsthefox posing as Carmen.

QuoteEven as a United fan ,nobody can deny that Rooney has had a very poor World Cup.To think that people were mentioning him last season in the same breath as Messi is laughable i'm afraid.

Yes he had a crap WC and I wouldn't have compared him to Messi since they are completely different players.   That said Messi hasn't lived up to his billing in this WC either.

paco

QuoteEven as a United fan ,nobody can deny that Rooney has had a very poor World Cup.To think that people were mentioning him last season in the same breath as Messi is laughable i'm afraid.

Yes he had a crap WC and I wouldn't have compared him to Messi since they are completely different players.   That said Messi hasn't lived up to his billing in this WC either.
[/quote]

Why do you think this? The only reason I can think is that he hasn't scored a goal yet, but he's been fantastic in every game and one of-if not the-best performers so far.

Geoff Tipps

You must have been watching a different World Cup. Messi's been excellent so far.

Boycey

Quote from: paco on June 27, 2010, 07:03:46 PM

Why do you think this? The only reason I can think is that he hasn't scored a goal yet, but he's been fantastic in every game and one of-if not the-best performers so far.
[/quote]

To be honest I don't remember too many people saying that Rooney was as good as Messi except maybe the odd one eyed Englander...

Messi has been really good in the tournament but I don't think he's come close to hitting the heights he can yet, saw a stat on SSN the other day Messi has had the most shots, 20 I think. There are two ways of looking at that either hes playing brilliant 7 shots per game, or no goals out of 20 efforts thats brutal ;D

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: under the bar on June 27, 2010, 06:58:44 PM

Check again mate.

Correct, it was Longrunsthefox posing as Carmen.

Ah here Messi's been one of the stars of the competition to be perfectly honest, if it wasn't for Vincent Enyeama he would have had a hat-trick and a MOM performance, his general play has been mesmerising.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Shrewdness

Actually Boycey, it was much more than an odd Englander who mentioned him in the same breath as Messi. He was commonly linked as being one of the best players in the world on a list that included Messi, Kaka and Ronaldo.

Even Fergie regularly stated his World rating as a result of goal after goal against Wigan etc.

Messi has had an excellent World Cup, despite not yet scoring. Rooney on the other hand has been a sour, sulking presence and has looked way over rated, something which i personally think has always been the case with him, but that's just my opinion.

Farrandeelin

Change the title of this thread pls fullback!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

A lot of talk about Rooney's poor performance's at the world cup yet no mention of Hernadez who scored two great goals & looks a decent player for next season
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

Quote from: ross4life on June 27, 2010, 11:00:13 PM
A lot of talk about Rooney's poor performance's at the world cup yet no mention of Hernadez who scored two great goals & looks a decent player for next season

His goal tonight was brilliant, missed a free header from about 10-12 yards before that though when it was only 2-0.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on June 27, 2010, 11:00:13 PM

Another Diouf I hope ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

What do yous expect from Roony playing along Hesky,Gerrard etc FFS

ross4life

Quote from: new devil on June 27, 2010, 11:58:19 PM
What do yous expect from Roony playing along Hesky,Gerrard etc FFS

Your the very man that went along with the media hype "rooney one man team" you may remember the praise i gave Nani/ valencia for Rooney's goals while you thought it was all wayne's doing
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open