The cops couldn't catch the cold

Started by orangeman, January 11, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-25681626

This man took the law into his own hands after the cops just couldn't get off their asses. I'm sure you have plenty of stories of the cops being called to burglaries etc etc and being clean and fair useless.

Angry farmers in County Armagh are calling for more police resources after a farmer turned detective to recover two stolen tractors.

Three tractors were taken from farms in the Loughgall area over a four-day period earlier this week.

One was crashed and abandoned, but the farmer recovered the other two.

Frustrated by an apparent lack of success for the police, he examined CCTV, called at houses, asked questions and pieced together clues.

Within days he was at a disused farm near the village of Belleeks in South Armagh. It was there that he recovered his tractor and that of a neighbour.

While we are pleased that two tractors have been recovered and that arrests have been made, we do not want anyone to put themselves at risk of harm"

Police statement

After a brief struggle at the scene, he also delivered a suspect to the police station. The 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of theft, possession of a weapon and assault.

He was released on bail along with a second man who was arrested later

EC Unique

Fair play to the man but in this crazy world he will probably end up getting done for assault by the thief!

orangeman

Quote from: EC Unique on January 11, 2014, 12:35:12 PM
Fair play to the man but in this crazy world he will probably end up getting done for assault by the thief!

True but at least they got their tractors back.

mylestheslasher

I was listening the the last word (matt coopers show on today fm) and they were interviewing some guy who is I believe realtively well know in theatre/arts circles. I forget who he was. The interview turned to how he had a bad year (he was very ill) and the guy revealed how he had been assaulted in broad daylight on the street where he lives. Some thug had parked his van in the middle of this street when the interviewee asked him to move it the driver knocked him and beat the daylights out of him smashing up face and breaking bones. He then went to his local police station which was within walking distance and he made a complaint, gave a description of the man and gave the cops the reg number of his van. They said they'd call to his house the next day and never arrived. A few weeks later and still no cops, a reporter rings him after hearing about the assault. The interviewee says he doesn't want t talk about it. 30 mins later the cops ring him and say they will come up the next day to take that statement - obviously the reporter had rung them too! They didn't show up. A couple of weeks later a cop rings the interviewee at 11-30pm and wants to call up to him at that hour to take his statement. Apparently he is on the case but he works nights and that's the only time he can interview him. Interviewee says to ring him back when he back on days. No cop ever comes back to him.

Now I bet if he had off got up and bate the shite of that man in his van the cops wouldn't be long coming to see him. Cops in the south are whingey bunch of useless f**kers as far as I can tell. They'd rather let a case like this go and cry about lack of rescources. Funny they seem to have plenty of resources to sit in 50km zones with their speed guns.

Tony Baloney

I have some sympathy with the peelers in this instance. It is a tractor and they should be insured against theft. Are they really going to dedicate resources to looking round the country for a tractor?

orangeman

Meanwhile in Donegal -

Garda Representative Association: 'Border crime rise due to police shortage' The Garda Representative Association represents rank and file Irish police officers
A "critical" shortage of Irish police has led to an increase in crime along County Donegal's border with Northern Ireland, rank and file officers have claimed.

The Garda Representative Association (GRA) has said police officers in Donegal are "operating on fumes" due to a lack of staff and resources.

GRA representative Marie McLaughlin said the result was a rise in robberies and burglaries along the border.

GardaĆ­ are recruiting 300 new officers.

However, Ms McLaughlin told the Donegal News that the recruitment drive was a "mere drop in the ocean" to what was required, because the Irish police force had come under "serious pressure" in recent years.

"With austerity, redundancies and early retirements, the force has been struggling from one incident to another to continue the level of service," she told the paper.

"Over the last number of years the oxygen has been strangled from the organisation. We've been operating from a petrol tank on fumes,"

"The force is critically under-staffed in Donegal, and nationwide. There is simply not enough manpower in the Donegal Division and we see the result with increased robberies and burglaries along the border," Ms McLaughlin added.

The BBC has asked Irish police to respond to the claims made by the GRA.

The GRA is the professional body that represents rank and file officers and lobbies for improvements in police pay, welfare and conditions of employment.

bennydorano

A  mate of mine's brother was one of the boys who go their tractor stolen, they did a bit of a Social media blitz and got a lot of info that way. Was great to see the success of the recovery of the tractors. There's been an awful pile of similar thieving in these parts the past couple of years. Cops are stats obsessed useless hoors.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 11, 2014, 01:22:14 PM
I have some sympathy with the peelers in this instance. It is a tractor and they should be insured against theft. Are they really going to dedicate resources to looking round the country for a tractor?
There were 3 tractors stolen in the course of three days. But regardless,my our logic doesn't make sense.  Are you saying that burglaries should also not be investigated because we have house insurance?

lawnseed

I passed a tractor one night at about 2am being driven down the armagh keady road by some clown in a tracksuit it was dublin reg and fairly fresh i thought for a minute of telling the police to say it seemed suspicious what s the point sure if its stolen just claim off the insurance.. ::) small trackers are on ebay for under 50 quid they are digital and will work for about 48hrs even after being unplugged but the police wont help you to track your stolen machine theyre fukn usless.
Id like to do bait tractor only take the theives and give them the blue pipe treatment around the face for a bit then cable tie them and fuk them out in the middle of town naked.. See how they like feeling like shite for a bit
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lawnseed on January 11, 2014, 09:41:31 PM
I passed a tractor one night at about 2am being driven down the armagh keady road by some clown in a tracksuit it was dublin reg and fairly fresh i thought for a minute of telling the police to say it seemed suspicious what s the point sure if its stolen just claim off the insurance.. ::) small trackers are on ebay for under 50 quid they are digital and will work for about 48hrs even after being unplugged but the police wont help you to track your stolen machine theyre fukn usless.
Id like to do bait tractor only take the theives and give them the blue pipe treatment around the face for a bit then cable tie them and fuk them, out in the middle of town naked.. See how they like feeling like shite for a bit
Kinky.

stew

Quote from: hardstation on January 11, 2014, 10:40:44 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 11, 2014, 08:17:08 PM
South Armagh men,entering or leaving Loughgall on tractors illegally? Hasnt ended all that well in the past
What?

Fcuk, I hope twan is not referring to what I think he is referring to................................

Tony delete that post ffs!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

moysider

Yeah. 100%. No big deal if anybody gets murdered either. Shouldn t be wastin peelers' time - they should have life insurance ::)

bennydorano

Another Tractor & lowloader stolen in Armagh yesterday evening.

orangeman

Quote from: bennydorano on January 12, 2014, 08:46:46 AM
Another Tractor & lowloader stolen in Armagh yesterday evening.

Send for the insurance man who will want to ensure that the cops have looked about it.

Tony Baloney

That chap in Loughgall could hoke it out. Sounds like it is being made very easy for the thieves. There are trackers, immobilisers, security lights and cameras available.

The brother in law installed lights and cameras last year and it is a great job as it generates an alarm to his iPhone from which he can remotely view the camera feed.