The cops couldn't catch the cold

Started by orangeman, January 11, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 12, 2014, 09:26:32 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 12, 2014, 09:23:02 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on January 12, 2014, 08:56:17 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 12, 2014, 03:03:24 PM
After I reported the theft of an item of equipment recently I had several neighbours tell me that they had also stuff stolen. None of them even bothered phoning the cops.. The tractors are high profile thefts but they are only the tip of the iceberg. Things like heating oil are being taken every day and the cops dont give a shite.. Half a mile from me a girl had her full tank of heating oil taken twice inside ten day.. 600 gals >:( the police wouldnt even come out! She contacted a local paper and the cops arrived. apparently the paper rang them for some stats and embarrassed them. They hung around for 30 mins no prints done no dna no interviewing the neighbours basically they just covered their asses. I cant understand why the police cant carry out  sting operations and catch these scum.
DNA for the theft of some oil? Catch a grip!
Its 3600. Your posts reads like someone whos never been robbed or more likely has nothiing worth stealing
What's 3600?
And you honestly expect cops to look for / test DNA for oil theft?
CSI Armagh: Oil Tank Division.

Who are you? Who, who, who, who...

THE MIGHTY QUINN

You've clearly never been a victim of crime

lawnseed

Its not just one person whos been robbed! While one theft is bad enough its  hundreds add the costs up it makes a post office or a credit union robbery look like peanuts and either would merit a full investigation. There are not hundreds of theives its small gangs of professionals and its the same names all the time. Why not go after them like you actually  want to catch them. And more importantly the people who buy the stuff off them.
I know a lad whos a cop in antrim their boss took them in and told them forget about crime concentrate on traffic "its easy money" so they record crime if its reported dont investigate just hide in the hedge and do speeding or people driving on the phone or baldy tyre

Meanwhile dirty theiving scum just get more brazen by the day
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

orangeman

Quote from: lawnseed on January 12, 2014, 10:26:19 PM
Its not just one person whos been robbed! While one theft is bad enough its  hundreds add the costs up it makes a post office or a credit union robbery look like peanuts and either would merit a full investigation. There are not hundreds of theives its small gangs of professionals and its the same names all the time. Why not go after them like you actually  want to catch them. And more importantly the people who buy the stuff off them.
I know a lad whos a cop in antrim their boss took them in and told them forget about crime concentrate on traffic "its easy money" so they record crime if its reported dont investigate just hide in the hedge and do speeding or people driving on the phone or baldy tyre

Is that not illlegal ?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on January 12, 2014, 10:14:56 PM
You've clearly never been a victim of crime
I have. I'm just not foolish enough to think that all crimes require a full team of investigators working around the clock to catch someone stealing heating oil. The cops should be investigating the theft of machinery if it organised and attempt to catch the gang responsible but it simply isn't realistic to man what William Irwin MLA and some chaps here seem to think ie the police should be providing an around the clock guard for farms.

lawnseed

I regard theives as bad as paedos or rapists. Wouldnt care if they were birched or take a hand off or both. Lowest forms of life.. Wouldnt have a problem shooting them if I could catch them but then again theyre probably from bad homes and poorly eduacated.. Yeah we should just let them take our stuff or just donate it to the society for lowlife night workers..

Tony Baloney

To back up every point you always seem to "know a lad/woman/neighbour" to provide anecdotal evidence of in support of your argument. I suspect most of it is balls.

Maguire01

Crazy, isnt it?! Cops targeting limited resources on things that can result in death or serious injury - people speeding, on the phone when driving, or driving on baldy tyres - rather than the theft of some oil. Sure it defies logic!

lawnseed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 12, 2014, 10:39:17 PM

To back up every point you always seem to "know a lad/woman/neighbour" to provide anecdotal evidence of in support of your argument. I suspect most of it is balls.
Ok tony.. What have you got thats worth stealing.. Your heating tank is jacked up with a block because theres about 4 litres of oil in it you dont care if your car if you have one gets stole because as you say you have insurance.. So whats left.. A bit of jewellry perhaps? Maybe a hundred in cash forget about tvs or laptops or phones theyre on the house insurance so no worries.. So in effect your not really worried about plant or tractors being stole or other folks stuff. You might as well be fort knox because your not worth robbing

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 12, 2014, 10:54:39 PM
Crazy, isnt it?! Cops targeting limited resources on things that can result in death or serious injury - people speeding, on the phone when driving, or driving on baldy tyres - rather than the theft of some oil. Sure it derrtfies logic!
Coming from the man who tried to defend the mouth from the south when he helped himself to taxpayers money.. Sure why not..

lawnseed

Quote from: hardstation on January 12, 2014, 10:40:51 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 12, 2014, 10:37:11 PM
I regard theives as bad as paedos or rapists. Wouldnt care if they were birched or take a hand off or both. Lowest forms of life.. Wouldnt have a problem shooting them if I could catch them but then again theyre probably from bad homes and poorly eduacated.. Yeah we should just let them take our stuff or just donate it to the society for lowlife night workers..
You've clearly never been the victim of rape or paedophilia.

Standard reply.
I forgot to mention impalement.. Any word of that fuker in athlone?

nippycornerman

Regards theft of oil it wouldn't cost a fortune to protect your tank with a locked shed as any difficulty put in front of thieves will persuade them to look for a softer target.
Tractors and other machinery can be protected with locating equipment if one has a mind to do it. Personal responsibility is not to be sneezed at and the police cannot be everywhere and protect everything 

Premier Emperor

In South Armagh is there any stigma in reporting things to the police?

orangeman

Quote from: Premier Emperor on January 13, 2014, 10:13:55 AM
In South Armagh is there any stigma in reporting things to the police?

Probably but there wouldn't be any in Loughall, north Armagh.

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on January 12, 2014, 11:01:06 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on January 12, 2014, 10:54:39 PM
Crazy, isnt it?! Cops targeting limited resources on things that can result in death or serious injury - people speeding, on the phone when driving, or driving on baldy tyres - rather than the theft of some oil. Sure it derrtfies logic!
Coming from the man who tried to defend the mouth from the south when he helped himself to taxpayers money.. Sure why not..
Great comeback. You really won that argument.