101 things to do with Oisin McConville's book

Started by ONeill, November 15, 2007, 11:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

88. Go around the neighbourhood with the book in the palm of your hand. Knock on the doors and say 'have you heard the Good News?' They'll think you're a Jehovah and close the door. Some polite granny will stand on. Read the chapter about Ricey riding his sister/ma/girlfriend.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

ONeill, I'm surprised and disappointed that you haven't posted an indepth appraisal of the book on Amazon. But hey, who needs an Amazon  review when we have nearly 88 uses for said book.

http://www.amazon.com/Gambler-Oisin-McConvilles-Story/dp/1845962958/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195425120&sr=8-1

Has anyone suggested the book could be one of the contents of a GAA time capsule?

Make that 89.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Redhandfan

90.  As a proud orangeman, it is only right that Oisin's book be used to fan the flames of the Twelfth Night bonfire at Markethill next July.

Over the Bar

91.     Donate all the unsold copies to the Fire Service to soak up all the diesel Oisin's comrades have dumped around the country.

Orior

92. Pulp a copy into tissue paper and give it to McMenamin to dry his eyes after his teams exit from the Ulster Club championship
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mournerambler

93. It could be used as the gamblers anonymous official guide!

full back

Gaaboardmod3

OTB, I have edited yet another snide comment from you. You are now banned for 5 days. When you come back, leave this subject alone if you cannot post without putting something libellous or out of order.

ziggysego

95. Give it to the gaaboardmod3 to remove any comments about Tyrone players.
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

96. The next time a Tyrone player tries to get off a suspension on a technicality, throw it at him.

illdecide

Beat Dooher around the face with it and try to improve his looks. One slap should improve it but just for security reasons you should do it in 8 hour shifts.

Sean Cavanagh could get 2 copies and use them for wing mirrors :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

saffron sam2

98. If you're Paul Hearty or Plunkett Donaghy (or indeed a midfielder from Meath), you could stock pile a load of them along your goal line, covering the goal entirely.  This would help you deal with nasty high balls dropping just under the cross bar in the last minute of big matches.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Hardy

99. Keep a copy in your car at all times to pass the night if your fanbelt breaks and you have neglected to bring a spare pair of womens' tights, the recommended remedy for this problem. Don't get mixed up and try to use the book to replace the fanbelt. That won't work.

Number 100 better be a good one.

The Police

100. Give it to Ryan McMenamin to use as replacement for his missing front teeth. Then, he can say he shoved McConville's words..erm.. back down his own mouth....

raisins

Delighted to be 101! You should read it. It's good! It's entertaining! And he deserves a break!