The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on November 18, 2014, 04:09:34 PM
A good start, muppet.

Concept: Good
Presentation: Good
Execution: Rhyming good. Scansion needs improvement (and so qualifies for an Irish Water bonus).

Clubhouse leader.

I had to google 'scansion'. Apparently it refers to the hard yards (metres nowadays).
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Walter Cronc

So Genia and Cooper arent starting on Saturday. Dunno whether thats a good or bad thing. Foley is very safe and an excellent kicker. I'm more fearful of this game than the South Africa one but at the same time always have faith in a Joe Schmidt team.

Australia team to face Ireland:
Israel Folau; Adam Ashley-Cooper, Tevita Kuridrani, Matt Toomua, Henry Speight; Bernard Foley, Nick Phipps; James Slipper, Saia Fainga'a, Sekope Kepu; Sam Carter, Rob Simmons; Luke Jones, Michael Hooper, Ben McCalman.

Replacements (three to be omitted):
James Hanson, Tetera Faulkner, Benn Robinson, Ben Alexander, James Horwill, Will Skelton, Jake Schatz, Will Genia, Quade Cooper, Rob Horne, Kurtley Beale.

Hardy

Ireland team to face Australia:

Ah You, Look Here, F**k Me.
Well Well, Up Yours.
Piss Off, Half Nine, Stay Tuned.
Ah Here, Stand Back.
Oh Jayses, Not Now.
What Next? Who's He? Beats Me.

AZOffaly

screenexile

Strange to see Zebo there. I thought he was quite average against the Springboks and again last week against the Georgians he didn't really stand out. Jones should feel a bit unlucky he's not starting along with Gilroy who showed up for a lot of work last week as well I would have thought he should be in the matchday squad.

screenexile

screenexile

moysider

We re getting a bit of a killing here. Australia deadly with ball in hand. Ireland might need to keep it tighter in second half.

screenexile

The fact we went in front si far so quickly meant we took too many risks and played right into Aussie hands. I'd expect Schmidt to settle them for 2nd half... Cracking stuff though!!

Tony Baloney

Some of the tackling from Ireland is terrible. Making the Aussie's look like they are lathered in soap.

moysider

I think our kicking and chasing game is just giving them opportunity to counter attack with ball in hand.

Captain Obvious

One of the best ever days for Irish rugby, well done to all.

Syferus

Now that is a performance to hang your hat on. Austrailia were far, far better than SA were and threw everything at us and we still won it.

seafoid

Great win. Super momentum.
Hanging on in the last minute with the defence compared to last year.