Author Topic: The SDLP  (Read 19182 times)

lurganblue

• View Profile
Re: The SDLP
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2019, 11:41:43 AM »
Electoral pacts serve what purpose? Keep themmuns out? That's the politics of a cess pit. That mentality has this place in the mess it is. Every party should stand on its manifesto. The electorate should then go out and vote for the party they think best represents them. Vote for something. Argue, disagree etc, but go out and vote for something rather than voting against something.

Agreed. I personally only vote for one party that i agree with on a majority of issues. A pact would be no good to me as i would not vote for a different party just so another "side" wont get in.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2019, 12:13:39 PM »
Claire Hanna is undoubtedly articulate, but like most politicians a little too rehearsed in her arguments. I think Claire and her supporters like Briege Rogers represent the cultural nationalist wing of the SDLP and the slightly greener part has cast them adrift with the Fianna Fail alliance. The Shinners seem to be mopping up the yoof so difficult for the SDLP to keep going with out a broader all-Ireland approach. Their mistake is in only going half way.

Seany

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: Today at 06:29:44 PM »
Colm Eastwood spoke at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis today and for his greatest ovations when he criticized SF for their abstentionnistes policy and for having the audacity to suggest that a referendum on irish unity should be a consideration after Brexit. Do they really think that this sort of rhetoric is going to drive SF voters in their droves and into the arms of the SDFF ‘understanding’,  This sort of nonsense drives northern nationalists up the walls.  it is just the very self same thing that will lose them even more voters. Those to parties are connected by only one thing and that is their hatred for Sinn Fein.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: Today at 06:51:18 PM »
Colm Eastwood spoke at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis today and for his greatest ovations when he criticized SF for their abstentionnistes policy and for having the audacity to suggest that a referendum on irish unity should be a consideration after Brexit. Do they really think that this sort of rhetoric is going to drive SF voters in their droves and into the arms of the SDFF ‘understanding’,  This sort of nonsense drives northern nationalists up the walls.  it is just the very self same thing that will lose them even more voters. Those to parties are connected by only one thing and that is their hatred for Sinn Fein.

SDLP are a busted flush now....but what gets me is SF voters who see no wrong in their party.....a party that endorsed Tory austerity and awarded PIP assessment contracts to Capita.

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: Today at 07:36:44 PM »
Dunno if the parties have a hatred of Sinn Fein it’s just very easy to point out their hypocrisy on a range of issues