Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on February 21, 2023, 04:12:27 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2023, 03:27:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 21, 2023, 03:19:02 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 21, 2023, 03:01:15 PM
It's a difficult topic. I can see issues from both sides. The only certain thing about it, is that it's going to be a real hot potato for organisations to try and manage delicately.

Its a very difficult topic.

And I don't know the answer.

But scaremongering about perverts and denying the existence or humanity of these people is not it.

I fully agree with this. It will be difficult and while I support it I wouldn't be in favour of any person saying they're female and wanting to play ladies football

Is that really ever going to happen though?

Especially in a parochial sport like Gaelic football or camogie?
Less of an issue in rural clubs you'd imagine but you'll get some loopers trying it.

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 21, 2023, 04:15:10 PM
It's a difficult topic. I can see issues from both sides. The only certain thing about it, is that it's going to be a real hot potato for organisations to try and manage delicately.

But scaremongering about perverts and denying the existence or humanity of these people is not it.

I fully agree with this. It will be difficult and while I support it I wouldn't be in favour of any person saying they're female and wanting to play ladies football

Less of an issue in rural clubs you'd imagine but you'll get some loopers trying it.

Highly doubtful.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnnycool on February 21, 2023, 03:36:24 PM

There's more to it than just rocking up with a ponytail and saying you're a female and wanting a start on the ladies team but it's certainly a hot potato that the LGFA are trying to grasp for the right and wrong of it..
Women can have short hair too you know  ;)

seafoid

It's not scaremongering. There are no boundaries when men can claim to be women.
Unfortunately there are paedophiles who take advantage of situations

https://gettr.com/post/p1fuij93024
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-56861930

trailer

Just because you say you're a man doesn't make you a man. There needs to be respect for basic science and biology in all of this. "Feelings" are grand and all that, but denying basic year 8 biology is not the way forward.
A Woman can dress as a man and live as a man but she is still biologically a man and vice versa. That's the reality.

whitey

Is a very difficult situation

There are people who legitimately are transgender and then there are people who are just looking for attention

The difficulty is compounded by this being a contact sport and the potential for serious injury, but that danger already exists due to mismatches in physique and conditioning

I don't think there's a right or a wrong answer

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 21, 2023, 04:15:10 PM

What about the Loup ?

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on February 21, 2023, 04:47:13 PM

There are people who legitimately are transgender and then there are people who are just looking for attention

The difficulty is compounded by this being a contact sport and the potential for serious injury, but that danger already exists due to mismatches in physique and conditioning

There will be a definitive answer if enough women get injured
It's hard to see this issue hanging around indefinitely.

Fallon Fox is a trans MMA fighter who go into the headlines for this
https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-when-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox-broke-opponent-s-skull-mma-fight

J70

Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2023, 04:40:34 PM

It's not scaremongering. There are no boundaries when men can claim to be women.

Well if you're going to define everyone by the actions of a small criminal minority, I guess we should stop priests getting involved in GAA clubs and abolish swimming, gymnastics and scouts for kids too.

Mourne Red

Quote from: J70 on February 21, 2023, 05:11:37 PM

Well if you're going to define everyone by the actions of a small criminal minority, I guess we should stop priests getting involved in GAA clubs and abolish swimming, gymnastics and scouts for kids too.

Wouldn't be a bad thing stopping priest getting involved in GAA clubs.. money grabbing bastards

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on February 21, 2023, 05:11:37 PM

It wasn't broken. Women's sports were working fine .
Introducing these changes is obviously negative.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: trailer on February 21, 2023, 04:41:58 PM
A Woman can dress as a man and live as a man but she is still biologically a man and vice versa.

Make your mind up

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2023, 05:02:11 PM

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-when-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox-broke-opponent-s-skull-mma-fight

Orbital bone isn't really your skull tho is it? Also, in women mma fights the fighters suffer massive injuries. Check on nunes and Peña for example

Gmac

Ladies gaa clubs have a representative that goes to county board meetings and report what each club thinks or has voted on  then the county board representative votes at a national level according to majority opinion in each club throughout the county is that how this is run ? If the majority want this and someone gets broke up tough s@it

seafoid

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2023, 06:04:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2023, 05:02:11 PM

Orbital bone isn't really your skull tho is it? Also, in women mma fights the fighters suffer massive injuries. Check on nunes and Peña for example
Women are on average smaller and weaker than men

"I've fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can't answer whether it's because she was born a man or not because I'm not a doctor. I can only say, I've never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right. Her grip was different, I could usually move around in the clinch against other females but couldn't move at all in Fox's clinch," Brents told Whoa TV."

The LGFA could be opening itself up to court cases which will go down very well at Central Council post merger, I'm sure, especially amongst the conservative majority.