The Story Behind Your Username

Started by ONeill, March 11, 2017, 11:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Seafóid is an Irish  word used a lot in Galway. There were no fadas online whenever I started using it.
Much sports analysis is seafóid.

on the sideline

When I first registered I was out of action after surgery. Plus I would have been doing a lot of underage coaching and managing for a good few years around that time as well.

The Stallion

My athleticism and large manhood have saddled me (pun intended) with the nickname "Stallion". It's a bit of a curse tbh. One of my most used phrases is "my eyes are up here luv".

ziggy90

The amount of goals Nikola Zigic scored for Birmingham in the 90th minute.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lurganblue

MoChara

I was watching Man about Dog at the time and they kept saying it so deliberately it stood out

ONeill

Quote from: stew on March 11, 2017, 11:35:19 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2017, 11:28:49 PM
Ofed. Some are obvious. But why stew, hardstation, tony baloney, Hardy etc?

When my family moved to Longstone in Armagh in 71 I played a lot of football with my new friends, when my mother would call me for dinner I would ask what was for dinner, if she said steak or chicken or pork she would not see me until two hours later, but if she said stew I was gone immediately, my next door neighbour noticed this over a period of months and started calling me stew, hence my name on here 45 years later.

Shane why were you named after an Armagh football club?  :P

Was either that or Harps.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Boycey

Only Fools was on tv as I was registering and Boycey just seemed right, probably should have been Boycie in hindsight  :D

trileacman

It was my moniker on Hogan Stand which I made up moons ago as a young fella. Kept it on when I ventured over here although I do wish I had a username that wasn't as shite.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

brokencrossbar1

My actually has a double reference...firstly I registered around the time that my football career and worklife were going through a period of change as both were 'breaking' at the time.  Also I played in goals a bit when I was younger. We were playing in a schools match out in Knockbridge in Louth and I jumped up to safe the ball. I was a big gassun and I took a swing off the crossbar. It broke, fell on my mouth and busted my lip very badly. To this day the lip would still crack in very frosty weather.

trileacman

Quote from: The Stallion on March 12, 2017, 09:15:20 AM
My athleticism and large manhood have saddled me (pun intended) with the nickname "Stallion". It's a bit of a curse tbh. One of my most used phrases is "my eyes are up here luv".

I always thought it's coz you've a face like shergar.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: trileacman on March 12, 2017, 01:59:59 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on March 12, 2017, 09:15:20 AM

I always thought it's coz you've a face like shergar.

A beef burger?

The Stallion

Happy to inform you of the real reason trileacman. I'm devestatingly handsome if you must know.

Although perhaps that's what you meant, I know you Tyrone folk have some peculiar sexual proclivities.

Harold Disgracey

Named in honour of Portadown's second most famous comedian.