The Story Behind Your Username

Started by ONeill, March 11, 2017, 11:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 12, 2017, 01:31:05 PM
My actually has a double reference...firstly I registered around the time that my football career and worklife were going through a period of change as both were 'breaking' at the time.  Also I played in goals a bit when I was younger. We were playing in a schools match out in Knockbridge in Louth and I jumped up to safe the ball. I was a big gassun and I took a swing off the crossbar. It broke, fell on my mouth and busted my lip very badly. To this day the lip would still crack in very frosty weather.

Best story yet by a country mile.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: stew on March 13, 2017, 11:31:20 AM
My actually has a double reference...firstly I registered around the time that my football career and worklife were going through a period of change as both were 'breaking' at the time.  Also I played in goals a bit when I was younger. We were playing in a schools match out in Knockbridge in Louth and I jumped up to safe the ball. I was a big gassun and I took a swing off the crossbar. It broke, fell on my mouth and busted my lip very badly. To this day the lip would still crack in very frosty weather.

ima gonna call him BustedLip from now on

or chappylips. yes that's maybe better

Main Street

Should thread not be called The Story Behind Your Username/s?

It's been done before
You can check here if some users have changed their story.
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13145.msg604427#msg604427

Our Nail Loney  :D  whatever happened to him?

The Iceman

Chuck Liddell - the Ice Man. I was training and competing in MMA when very few people even knew what it was. In Chuck's era he redefined MMA for me with his sprawl and brawl style. I'm also a very black and white person. If I like you I like and if I don't, I don't. A bit cold some might say........
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 13, 2017, 12:16:07 PM

Say it to my face and you'll have both of those😂

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 13, 2017, 01:00:09 PM

It would explain the vaseline on your lips.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 13, 2017, 01:15:48 PM

f**k off!😂

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 13, 2017, 01:22:30 PM

f**k off!😂

ye big chappy lipped Vaseline wearin crossbar breaker

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 13, 2017, 02:41:16 PM

f**k off!😂

To my face ye chicken!!

armaghniac

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 13, 2017, 02:41:16 PM
f**k off!😂

To my face ye chicken!!

Definitely a lippy chappy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on March 13, 2017, 12:23:53 PM
Should thread not be called The Story Behind Your Username/s?

It's been done before
You can check here if some users have changed their story.
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13145.msg604427#msg604427

Our Nail Loney  :D  whatever happened to him?

Ohh he's still about and in fact he posted something on the board only a few days ago...Some say he changed his surname to the same as his boss...i'm not so sure but he is getting more like him every day ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

take_yer_points

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 12, 2017, 01:01:00 AM
I have used Take Your Points since I joined the Board when football began in 2002.  On occasion, I used to be confused by some posters with the much more famous Goals Will Come who has changed his username for some reason  ;).  Someone else registered Take Yer Points and occasionally posts with it and I wouldn't want to be associated with his/her posts.

No particular reason why I chose Take Your Points other than it was a much used phrase heard at games.  In 2005, I was named in a thread created for that purpose by a disgruntled work colleague who didn't like my appointment at that time and who created a username to do so that disappeared shortly afterwards.  I continued to use the same username but have begun using my own name since last week as I had always planned to do so when I retired from work and only just got around to it.

Hopefully to avoid confusion rather than association with his/her posts being a negative thing?

bennydorano

Just read the links to the two previous threads on the same subject and I've never explained mine yet, it is intriguing.

Olly

Named after Oliver Cromwell or Oliver Plunkett.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Orior

My club is O'Hanlons, Poyntzpass, Co Armagh, named after Redmond O'Hanlon.

For about the 13th - 16th centuries, the O'Hanlon clan were lords of the barony of Orior which stretched from Tandragee to Newtownhamilton or so.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians