Hairdressers

Started by Lazer, August 27, 2010, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazer

Can any of the ladies on this board recommend a hairdressers in Belfast!

Reasonably priced ie: c. £25 for wash cut a blow dry!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

ziggysego

That reminds me, I need a haircut.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

I'll never get this fascination with the wash and blow dry.

My mother has been going to the same hairdresser every Saturday morning at the same time for the same damn wash and blow dry since I was knee high to a grass hopper.

She has a perfectly good hairdryer at home. Granted, the water pressure in the shower could be better - but sure with all the shampoos that are available these days.

I just don't get it.

Rois

Great topic - got my hair done yesterday.

Zuni on Botanic Avenue, above the Cancer Research shop -  not sure if it would be that cheap though.  Ask for a girl called Maeve. 

Peter Mark at Forestside is grand too, just don't get the senior stylist as they're dearer.

Could give you North Belfast ones that are prob a bit cheaper but not as attractive to non-locals.

The old Foxy's on Agincourt Avenue is now a blow dry bar and does it for very little, but don't think they cut hair.

Minder

My wife goes to one on the Antrim Rd, can't remember the name, which isn't much use.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Rois on August 27, 2010, 02:19:41 PM
Great topic - got my hair done yesterday.

Zuni on Botanic Avenue, above the Cancer Research shop -  not sure if it would be that cheap though.  Ask for a girl called Maeve. 

Peter Mark at Forestside is grand too, just don't get the senior stylist as they're dearer.

Could give you North Belfast ones that are prob a bit cheaper but not as attractive to non-locals.

The old Foxy's on Agincourt Avenue is now a blow dry bar and does it for very little, but don't think they cut hair.

A what?  ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Orior

Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2010, 02:22:29 PM
My wife goes to one on the Antrim Rd, can't remember the name, which isn't much use.

They dont cut hair any longer.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Lazer

I've now made an appointment at Lisa hair design on Rosemary Street

Tyoical me - i left it to the last minute, going to an wedding evening reception tomorrow night and hadn't sorted anything out

Still haven't decided what i'm wearing either!

The Semi Final is demanding my attention more than the wedding!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Hardy

Oh sweet jesus. One fella wants to tell us all about his fumbling about in a car as a substitute for a sex life and now we have running commentaries on fu**in haircuts.

I think I'll start a blog here on the planning, execution and aftermath of my toenail cutting sessions.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2010, 03:17:28 PM
Oh sweet jesus. One fella wants to tell us all about his fumbling about in a car as a substitute for a sex life and now we have running commentaries on f***in haircuts.

I think I'll start a blog here on the planning, execution and aftermath of my toenail cutting sessions.

that's harsh hardy, the OP was just looking advise for somewere for a haircut in Belfast! Been plenty of threads on here looking to get locals advise on things from stag do's to places to eat!

Are you bald by any chance?   :P

samboswig

Quote from: Orior on August 27, 2010, 02:57:02 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2010, 02:22:29 PM

They dont cut hair any longer.

Surely they cut it shorter.

maggie

When i was in America, they called a blow-dry a 'blow-out'.
Always made me  :) when i saw the sign in the window for it.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on August 27, 2010, 02:13:09 PM
I'll never get this fascination with the wash and blow dry.

My mother has been going to the same hairdresser every Saturday morning at the same time for the same damn wash and blow dry since I was knee high to a grass hopper.

She has a perfectly good hairdryer at home. Granted, the water pressure in the shower could be better - but sure with all the shampoos that are available these days.

I just don't get it.

Have ye much lime? Put the shower head in a bowl of vinegar overnight and it will clean it out.

As for hairdressers? Ha what are them  :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 27, 2010, 03:25:05 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2010, 03:17:28 PM
Oh sweet jesus. One fella wants to tell us all about his fumbling about in a car as a substitute for a sex life and now we have running commentaries on f***in haircuts.

that's harsh hardy, the OP was just looking advise for somewere for a haircut in Belfast! Been plenty of threads on here looking to get locals advise on things from stag do's to places to eat!

Are you bald by any chance?   :P

Mon-Fri yes.

Sat-Sun no, Hardy becomes Harriet with long blonde hair and big eye lashes.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians