Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Piskin on April 04, 2023, 12:38:25 AM
500 mil at least, Utd need half a team to compete at the top level. If Ten Hag signs weghorst and keeps Maguire  then serious questions need to be asked about him.
Mightnt have a choice with Maguire I don't think you could give him away. Weghorst is a good worker and a likeable sort of player but 0 footballing ability.  Need gone

marty34

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 04, 2023, 01:27:52 AM
Maguire has 3 more years left on his contract. Yes he is on £190K a week.
That's £30m in wages. You'd have to give him away for free.
If United sell him they'd probably have to subsidise his wages at what ever club he goes to.
That's if he decided to leave and join a Leceister, a West Ham, a Brighton..... He'd not be going to the big hitters.

England have set up a system that make Maguire competent and useful. Of course International Football is of a lower standard so it's easier to hide a players faults with a decent system.

What age is he?

trailer

Realistically Maguire stays and rots. He has no self awareness to move on. He feels like he doesn't have to prove himself, so he delusional as well. Phil Jones the same. This is a legacy from giving Ole the management job. Nice guy but no ability.

NAG1

Quote from: trailer on April 04, 2023, 09:55:42 AM
Realistically Maguire stays and rots. He has no self awareness to move on. He feels like he doesn't have to prove himself, so he delusional as well. Phil Jones the same. This is a legacy from giving Ole the management job. Nice guy but no ability.

Phil Jones was riddled with injuries, he couldnt even have been loaned out as no one would take a risk on him. Coupled with the fact he is on serious money he was never going to make a move.
Be lucky if he gets a pay per play contract somewhere when he does become a free agent.

Maguire if he wants to keep playing for England will seriously look at a move, he will end up at West Ham or Everton, United will take the hit on him.

trailer

Quote from: NAG1 on April 04, 2023, 09:57:59 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 04, 2023, 09:55:42 AM

Phil Jones was riddled with injuries, he couldnt even have been loaned out as no one would take a risk on him. Coupled with the fact he is on serious money he was never going to make a move.
Be lucky if he gets a pay per play contract somewhere when he does become a free agent.

Maguire if he wants to keep playing for England will seriously look at a move, he will end up at West Ham or Everton, United will take the hit on him.

As long as he still gets picked for England he'll stay. No way he takes a pay cut. But I hope I am wrong. He has no ability and a shite attitude.

gawa316

So Utd are 3 points better off than at the same stage last season...could've believe my eyes when I read that

Armamike

Quote from: gawa316 on April 04, 2023, 05:02:18 PM
So Utd are 3 points better off than at the same stage last season...could've believe my eyes when I read that

And still a long way off the top 2 and challenging for the major honours.  Ten Hag has tightened things up a lot and obviously made a lot of good progress but he's lot more to do.  Takes time to build something that's gonna be sustainable.
That's just, like your opinion man.

AustinPowers

Doesn't surprise me , that

Rashfords goals  have masked a lot of  inadequacies  this season. The same deadwood  is still there, and the team has no  spine

NAG1

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 04, 2023, 05:40:16 PM

Doesn't surprise me , that

Rashfords goals  have masked a lot of  inadequacies  this season. The same deadwood  is still there, and the team has no  spine

This is also giving a false impression, the team were winning previously with purely off the cuff pieces of skill. There was no pattern of play, no identifiable style of play. ETH has brought this in and that is the only way to make progress. Once he has had a chance to overhaul the squad with the players he wants to fit the style hopefully then he can push the team on.

Still lots to be done in terms of the mentality of the squad the performances and more so the results as the bigger teams is not where it needs to be.

Onthe40

Utd still dont have a pattern of play..  did you watch he Newcastle display? They couldnt string 10 passes together...

AustinPowers

Quote from: Onthe40 on April 05, 2023, 12:24:43 PM
Utd still dont have a pattern of play..  did you watch he Newcastle display? They couldnt string 10 passes together...

And teams  know now that  united are  awful playing out from  the back , and de gea is  a massive weak link.  Newcastle pressured  them on Sunday  and absolutely destroyed  United.  Never mind. Maguire, Jones,  mc tominay leaving ,  the no 1 priority  for ten hag is a new goalkeeper

Blowitupref

They were also 4th this time last year and fell away badly, finished 6th claiming just 11 points in their last 11 games and unlike now were out of every cup competition.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

snoopdog

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 05, 2023, 01:03:19 PM

And teams  know now that  united are  awful playing out from  the back , and de gea is  a massive weak link.  Newcastle pressured  them on Sunday  and absolutely destroyed  United.  Never mind. Maguire, Jones,  mc tominay leaving ,  the no 1 priority  for ten hag is a new goalkeeper
No1 priority  is a striker. What nonsense that a goalkeeper is number 1 priority. There are 6 other positions to fill ahead of the keeper. There is no better shotstopper in the league.  Utd don yet have the outfield players to play out from the back.

Cunny Funt

Important three points tonight and back the top 4 (for now) it it was a hard earned and deserved win against a Brentford side that lost just one of their last 16 games and drew with Arsenal and beat Man City away this season.

On the previous game v Newcastle playing out from  the back was one of the better things Man United did in that match they lost because Newcastle were sharper. To quote Erik Ten Hag  " Man United won only 16 from 61 challenges in offence  "In defence, the Newcastle beat  Man United in 48 from 78.  "do that in any game and you can't expect to any win game."

Armagh18

Quote from: snoopdog on April 05, 2023, 02:27:52 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on April 05, 2023, 01:03:19 PM

No1 priority  is a striker. What nonsense that a goalkeeper is number 1 priority. There are 6 other positions to fill ahead of the keeper. There is no better shotstopper in the league.  Utd don yet have the outfield players to play out from the back.
De Gea is a massive weak link. Think it was one of the Europa games a few weeks ago where he put them under pressure with his lack of footballing ability and they just simply stopped passing back to him in the second half and looked a different team. Someone to cover Casemiro and a proper 9 are probably more important though.