Lack of sleep

Started by ziggysego, April 23, 2007, 05:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 07, 2007, 03:41:21 PM

He wants advice on how to sleep, not a diet plan!!!  I dont agree that eating nothing all evening should help you sleep, thats pants.  A rumbling hungry stomach would keep me awake quickier than a full stomach!!!  Why after a big feed like out at a restaurant or Sunday dinner do you feel so drowsy and feel the need to sleep!!

Might be something to do with the drink you consume whilst living this epicurean life.

It was just an idea - obviously not a diet plan - but why say breakfast as a king, lunch as a prince, dinner as a pauper - it can't all be 'pants' !

Plus regulated meals, rather than grazing all day, is also a healthier option which might help sleeplessness.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

DirtyDozen12

its just too warm to sleep tonight!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Derry Devil

Tonight isn't as warm as it was a few nights ago

dodo

A few nights ago wasn't as warm as it was a few weeks ago.

:)

Doire abú

Do ye mind a few years ago? ::)

Ziggy did you get the sleeping sorted? Whenever I can't sleep I play a game I made up myself. I take a popular name, eg Seán, and I think of all the Seáns I know. A bit like counting sheep, but works better imo.

ziggysego

I do something similiar. I go through the alphabet, thinking of everyone I know who's name begins with that letter. Works well most nights.
Testing Accessibility

Onion Bag

Hey Ziggy,

Is there any possiblity you could change your wee guy on the left, his movements are really annoying
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ziggysego

Sure, next time I'm on the computer.
Testing Accessibility

Our Nail Loney

He can pick his own picture, leave it up ziggy!

kinghen

if you dont eat after 6 not only does it help you sleep, but it helps you loose weight!! this is difficult when training tho as not advisable to eat the spuds before training, so by the time i get my dinner it normally half 9 (probably why i still have a beer fellyard and yet train/play football 6 nights a week!! *shakes head in shame* )

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: kinghen on July 28, 2008, 01:21:36 PM
if you dont eat after 6 not only does it help you sleep, but it helps you loose weight!! this is difficult when training tho as not advisable to eat the spuds before training, so by the time i get my dinner it normally half 9 (probably why i still have a beer fellyard and yet train/play football 6 nights a week!! *shakes head in shame* )

Plus all your late night snacks probably wouldn't help, such as fajitas at one in the morning!

kinghen

3 burger meals????

thats not mine

thats not mine

thats not mine

im away to bed??

el Chino

used to have wile bother, there is no secret to gettin a good nites sleep if ur naturally not a good sleeper, these things def do help for me tho

1.dark curtains
2.tidy room
3.readin a book

things that dont work for me
1.a little alcohol, (no bother sleepin wen blocked)
2.music
3.late night feeds

and wen i feel im not goin to get to sleep i just dont worry about it cos i think u can function the best for a couple of days w'out much sleep. 

Onion Bag

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 28, 2008, 12:01:49 PM
He can pick his own picture, leave it up ziggy!

sorry ziggy ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

pintsofguinness

f**k sake, my sleeping trouble is back -  for the last 5 nights now I have't got to sleep until after 3am, it was 5am last night!

What a pain in the arse.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?