Lack of sleep

Started by ziggysego, April 23, 2007, 05:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2007, 04:05:54 PM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on August 06, 2007, 01:59:31 PM
Ziggy

You should be able to rest a bit easier now instead of worrying whether Tyrone will win Sam this year...

Nah, the ladies meet Armagh  :-\

Didn't know there were ladies in Tyrone ;) :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on August 06, 2007, 04:16:02 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2007, 04:05:54 PM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on August 06, 2007, 01:59:31 PM
Ziggy

You should be able to rest a bit easier now instead of worrying whether Tyrone will win Sam this year...

Nah, the ladies meet Armagh  :-\

Didn't know there were ladies in Tyrone ;) :P

There wasn't until the operation became available free on the Bupa insurance plan ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Before you say anything more, one of my neighbours plays for the Tyrone Ladies.
Testing Accessibility

john mcgill

Ziggy
I taught that neighbour of yours.  She was a super netball player and won All Irelands in that for the school.

ziggysego

Excellent footballer, just ashamed she's injuried at the moment. Especially with the Sperrin Og Championship game coming up.
Testing Accessibility

Rois

Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2007, 04:33:02 PM

And a cousin of mine does too  :)

TirEoghaingodeo

A lot of people don't sleep because they've alot of stuff running through their heads, things they need to do etc. Apparently it can help to make a list of things that need to be tackled tomorrow. Knowing it's committed to a list means you relax, knowing you can work through it tomorrow.

Might not help if this is a long-term thing, but worth a try. Think a routine is important too.
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

ziggysego

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 06, 2007, 08:09:38 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2007, 01:29:56 PM
That audiobook nearly worked. It was a hypo thingy to relax you and make you feel confident. I nearly nodded off, then I heard "When I count down from 10 - 1, you will gradually wake and be fully alert at 1"

Buggar!  >:(

Zig, in the audiobook there are two parts, the first is designed to put asleep but as a "bonus" the second half is designed to allow you to take control of your dreams.  The book was originally on cassette with each part on separate sides.  When it was transferred to mp3 both files were put together with a short space.  The second file ends by wakening you up!  The only solution is to use a sound editing program to save the book as spearate files, save them onto your mp3 player and then only play the first at night.

Aaaah, I did wonder. I was all sleepy and then was alert again. Dosed off at around 3am +
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on August 06, 2007, 08:12:11 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2007, 04:33:02 PM

And a cousin of mine does too  :)

I think I know who you are referring to ;)
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

if the second tape is for wakening you up at what stage in the night do you get up to put it on so you can wake up peacefully?

making a list of all the things i've to do tomorrow would stress me out more.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Drink Southern Comfort
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tyrones own

As stated above Ziggy, i think you need to get some kind of routine going,
   I was joking the last time i asked you but do you not work?
   Anytime i go back on holidays, if i don't fight the time difference right off the bat
   I end up like yourself the whole time I'm there and i know its jet lag on my part but getting
   into a routine def does do the trick.
  Get out of her no later than 8am consistently no matter what and you will beat it 8)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Ziggy

And I don't think the Tyrone ladies will keep you from slumbers.

Btw, what time do you last eat at night. I've heard that eating virtually nothing after 6pm could help a good night's sleep.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on August 07, 2007, 08:24:24 AM
Ziggy

Btw, what time do you last eat at night. I've heard that eating virtually nothing after 6pm could help a good night's sleep.

He wants advice on how to sleep, not a diet plan!!!  I dont agree that eating nothing all evening should help you sleep, thats pants.  A rumbling hungry stomach would keep me awake quickier than a full stomach!!!  Why after a big feed like out at a restaurant or Sunday dinner do you feel so drowsy and feel the need to sleep!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 07, 2007, 05:10:23 AM

As stated above Ziggy, i think you need to get some kind of routine going,
   I was joking the last time i asked you but do you not work?
   Anytime i go back on holidays, if i don't fight the time difference right off the bat
   I end up like yourself the whole time I'm there and i know its jet lag on my part but getting
   into a routine def does do the trick.
  Get out of her no later than 8am consistently no matter what and you will beat it 8)

I do work, but the sleeping is bad. Come the weekends, I sleep in to make the differences up of what I lose during the week.

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on August 07, 2007, 08:24:24 AM
Ziggy

I very rarely eat after 6pm.
Testing Accessibility