Up for the match - RTE 1 9.45pm

Started by Minder, September 03, 2011, 09:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

If RTE want more viewers Grainne should wear this dress.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

as Miley used to say....

Well holy god!!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Frank Casey

KERRY 3:7

Jinxy

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 14, 2011, 07:37:51 PM
haven't seen this shite in years, usually on the hunt for tickets or on the batter the night before the final. I plan to do both this year.

Anyone on for a biteen of a Gatherin' on Sat night with lots of yerras and a bit of skelping?

There'll be some amount of balls hoppin on Saturday night.
During Gráinnes bits on up for the match.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

armaghniac

There are always knockers about this programme.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mike Sheehy

snippets

So we have Paidi on the rip telling yarns, dittys and cackling
We have Micko full of fun and laughing and telling yarns and cackling
Then They'll bring in the dour faced dubs, Paddy Cullen, Brian Mullins etc.  bate so many tiimes by Kerry they forgot how to smile.... ever. 
Should be a good show. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

thejuice

I endured the Hurling UpForTheMatch when I was home last. To be fair its not as bad as it remember it being back in the day. However the boggery garbage of Mike Denver and the likes of him are the most cringeworthy aspect. If there is anything worse on this planet than Irish country music (not to be mixed up with folk music)?

The Mike Denvers', the Big Toms', the Declan Nerneys' that ply their trade here need to be shoved in a bog hole and covered over and hopefully they'll make useful turf someday. They should never ever be on television and if it can be helped, on the radio.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ross matt

Quote from: thejuice on September 15, 2011, 01:24:23 PM
I endured the Hurling UpForTheMatch when I was home last. To be fair its not as bad as it remember it being back in the day. However the boggery garbage of Mike Denver and the likes of him are the most cringeworthy aspect. If there is anything worse on this planet than Irish country music (not to be mixed up with folk music)?

The Mike Denvers', the Big Toms', the Declan Nerneys' that ply their trade here need to be shoved in a bog hole and covered over and hopefully they'll make useful turf someday. They should never ever be on television and if it can be helped, on the radio.
[/b]

Agree 1000pc.

Croí na hÉireann

To be fair the Hurling UFTM last year with Joe Hayes and The Ratler was good craic, the hurling one this year was a pile of rubbish tought. The family quiz and the boggery garbage is what RTE think the GAA supporter wants to see, not a chance they'd reel that out if there was a rugby equivalent.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

spuds

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 15, 2011, 05:56:30 PM

To be fair the Hurling UFTM last year with Joe Hayes and The Ratler was good craic, the hurling one this year was a pile of rubbish tought. The family quiz and the boggery garbage is what RTE think the GAA supporter wants to see, not a chance they'd reel that out if there was a rugby equivalent.
Rugby heads have to put up with George Hook and Tom McGurk which is punishment enough.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: spuds on September 16, 2011, 11:32:05 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 15, 2011, 05:56:30 PM

Rugby heads have to put up with George Hook and Tom McGurk which is punishment enough.

I'd rather them than the 3 Nualas.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Frank Casey

Returning to the real point of this thread...

KERRY 3:7

TacadoirArdMhacha

Ach wouldya give over ya Meath hoor. Sure we'll all going out the same way we came in.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Jinxy

Things the border counties have contributed to the island of Ireland.

1. Country and western music.
2. Lads that wear chains around their necks and refuse to fasten the top two buttons of their shirt.

And..... that's it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.