Policeman Shot Dead - Armagh ..

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, March 09, 2009, 11:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Shocking and very worrying.

No doubt Pints will on on shortly to tell us all how it's really the Brits behind this.

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

one for the road

Donagh totally agree with you my main fear would be a counter attack from the uvf/lvf then the shit could really hit the fan. it has been good to see the politians standing together on the attacks but i feel the next few weeks will be a real test for the relationship between both sides. one thing is for sure is that these attacks have no place in todays society and the c#nts behind them should be punished to the extreme.

with those behind the attacks having less support does everyone feel that there is more chance that they will be brought to justice?

Donagh

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 09, 2009, 11:55:28 PM
'Shutting the estates down' was never and never will be the answer, this angers me that you think this would work, you will only ghettoise these areas and foster more hatred against the state, your approach is basically a form of internment, sweep them all up and put them in the one place and this will solve it.  Sorry but it wont Donagh, a very narrow naive approach from you which is surprising.
As I posted in the last thread these people will actually hope it was a catholic officer to act as a detterent to other catholics thinking of joining up.

Let these people put forward a candidiate for the forthcoming European elections and that way we will see just how many people support them across the 6 counties.

I meant for the short term, so the place settles down. What you will see now in the area will be the same people trying to stir up rioting around Tullygally and Drumbeg so they can play the victim card - the worst thing the peelers could do is go in all Robo-Cop. The people behind this number no more than half a dozen and it's well known who they are. If want they to get them, they should bide their time. Also they did have a candidate in the last elections and he received 0.9% of the votes cast in Upper Bann.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: one for the road on March 10, 2009, 12:02:47 AM
Donagh totally agree with you my main fear would be a counter attack from the uvf/lvf then the shit could really hit the fan. it has been good to see the politians standing together on the attacks but i feel the next few weeks will be a real test for the relationship between both sides. one thing is for sure is that these attacks have no place in todays society and the c#nts behind them should be punished to the extreme.

with those behind the attacks having less support does everyone feel that there is more chance that they will be brought to justice?
No.  They unfortunately know how to carry out such attacks leaving zero forensic detail.  They will also have their alibis (i.e some old slag they have been knocking off who hero worship their freedom fighting provie).

Donagh

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 10, 2009, 12:06:23 AM
No.  They unfortunately know how to carry out such attacks leaving zero forensic detail.  They will also have their alibis (i.e some old slag they have been knocking off who hero worship their freedom fighting provie).

Not these ones. They've made a load of serious f**k ups in the past two years which has left a number of young lads in gaol.

Puckoon

doogie, years ago the car used in the attack on saturday would have been burnt out, this time it was left behind. I fear, (hopr) these renegades are only getting lucky.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Donagh on March 10, 2009, 12:04:54 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 09, 2009, 11:55:28 PM
'Shutting the estates down' was never and never will be the answer, this angers me that you think this would work, you will only ghettoise these areas and foster more hatred against the state, your approach is basically a form of internment, sweep them all up and put them in the one place and this will solve it.  Sorry but it wont Donagh, a very narrow naive approach from you which is surprising.
As I posted in the last thread these people will actually hope it was a catholic officer to act as a detterent to other catholics thinking of joining up.

Let these people put forward a candidiate for the forthcoming European elections and that way we will see just how many people support them across the 6 counties.

I meant for the short term, so the place settles down. What you will see now in the area will be the same people trying to stir up rioting around Tullygally and Drumbeg so they can play the victim card - the worst thing the peelers could do is go in all Robo-Cop. The people behind this number no more than half a dozen and it's well known who they are. If want they to get them, they should bide their time. Also they did have a candidate in the last elections and he received 0.9% of the votes cast in Upper Bann.
Ok, I thought you were proposing long term strategies, these estates are sadly controlled by a few glorified hoods who the residents live in fear of.
There is no doubt who is behind this attack, re my last post though, the cops will know this too but will have little or no evidence. They will get scopped in the next few days but be out after 48 hours.

Puckoon

Quote from: Donagh on March 10, 2009, 12:08:08 AM

Not these ones. They've made a load of serious f**k ups in the past two years which has left a number of young lads in gaol.

And rightly so. ???

Tankie

This is a mess, this type of shite will ruin tourism and business...
Grand Slam Saturday!

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Puckoon on March 10, 2009, 12:08:22 AM

doogie, years ago the car used in the attack on saturday would have been burnt out, this time it was left behind. I fear, (hopr) these renegades are only getting lucky.
I actually mentioned that on the pulled thread last night Puck, I could not believe the car was not burned out and it is bound to glean a lot of forensice detail.  However I was concentrating on tonights attack specifically, knowing the area (from afar) and previous murders in that area, it seems these people know what they are doing (sounds so cold but sadly it is true).

one for the road

Doogie its sad but true with the crime levels in craigavon people carrying out such an attack would have calculated the steps in the attack.

surely with the memebers being so small the chances of catching them will be greater, not maybe im being niave

Donagh

Quote from: Puckoon on March 10, 2009, 12:10:02 AM
And rightly so. ???

Dunno, the ones I'm thinking of were decent kids I knew when I was still in the teaching but unfortunately got led astray by older people I've known from way back - complete sc**bag idiots.

Puckoon

Every man is responsible for his actions, if you get caught up in that craic at any level, on your own head be it.

On another note, surely these sc**bag idiots who allegedly everyone and their dogs know are responsible for these attacks (depending on the circles you run in) cannot continue to evade the law for so long? Wont anyone give information? I understand the age old adage of not giving information to the police, but surely if the SF are serious about the peace process?

one for the road

20 years ago very few if anyone would have put a name forward but society has changed, too what extent im not so sure

Donagh

Quote from: Puckoon on March 10, 2009, 12:21:52 AM
Every man is responsible for his actions, if you get caught up in that craic at any level, on your own head be it.

On another note, surely these sc**bag idiots who allegedly everyone and their dogs know are responsible for these attacks (depending on the circles you run in) cannot continue to evade the law for so long? Wont anyone give information?

They place is like a mini-Beirut and any locals who disagree with these people are scared. I know community workers in the area and they've said to me it's all fine and well SF telling them not back down to them but at the end of the day, they're the ones that have to live in the estate and they're the ones that will get the petrol bomb through the window in the middle of the night.