Policeman Shot Dead - Armagh ..

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, March 09, 2009, 11:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnaross

This situation has the feeling of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Yes, it's a shame and disgrace that theses murders have occurred and I have nothing but loathing for the animals who carried them out. However, the more publicity that they generate, the happier the so-called Real IRA will be. That will also give them the encouragement to carry on, thereby generating tit-for-tat violence and off we go again. Remember what the Prov. IRA attitude was in relation to bombs on the mainland as against in NI. It's all about publicity, the more they get, the more (and worse) they carry on.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Zapatista

Quote from: Puckoon on March 10, 2009, 12:21:52 AM
Every man is responsible for his actions, if you get caught up in that craic at any level, on your own head be it.

On another note, surely these sc**bag idiots who allegedly everyone and their dogs know are responsible for these attacks (depending on the circles you run in) cannot continue to evade the law for so long? Wont anyone give information? I understand the age old adage of not giving information to the police, but surely if the SF are serious about the peace process?

The police know exactly who did this. THe calls for info are political calls more than appeals. For any murder there are calls for info but when republicans are involved the cops claim the case is closed without people coming forward. This puts the most pressure possible on the local people and divides republicans. With the new 'terrorism laws' in place and the info already in hand there is no need to put so much pressure on local people. If this was a carried out by Al Queda there would be no calls for info they would just round them up. It's not the acts of dissidents that are a threat to the Peace Process but the reaction of the Brits and the PSNI that will determine and control the threat. Already Robinson has told Brown and Orde to take whatever steps are necessary. This means put Brits back on the streets. This has nothing to do with protecting the Peace Process but only has to do with getting Brits back on the streets. Robinson is only intent on recreating the same conditions that made these attacks so common in the past. We can't allow this to happen. The Brits need to go home and Policing and Justice needs to be devolved. If not the dissidents will have more opportunity to do this and the anti peace process crew in the establishment will control the reaction and the direction of peace process.

An Fear Rua

looking at the latest member "souljaboy" (and apols if its just coincidence), can everyone try and resist the urge to rise to any potential bait being dangled by anyone. I daresay the bard will be back to have his say too, after all he supports this type of behaviour.
Its Grim up North

Zapatista

Quote from: An Fear Rua on March 10, 2009, 08:17:29 AM
looking at the latest member "souljaboy" (and apols if its just coincidence), can everyone try and resist the urge to rise to any potential bait being dangled by anyone. I daresay the bard will be back to have his say too, after all he supports this type of behaviour.

I thought it was a strange one too.

Abble

Quote from: Zapatista on March 10, 2009, 08:11:13 AM

The police know exactly who did this. THe calls for info are political calls more than appeals. For any murder there are calls for info but when republicans are involved the cops claim the case is closed without people coming forward. This puts the most pressure possible on the local people and divides republicans. With the new 'terrorism laws' in place and the info already in hand there is no need to put so much pressure on local people. If this was a carried out by Al Queda there would be no calls for info they would just round them up. It's not the acts of dissidents that are a threat to the Peace Process but the reaction of the Brits and the PSNI that will determine and control the threat. Already Robinson has told Brown and Orde to take whatever steps are necessary. This means put Brits back on the streets. This has nothing to do with protecting the Peace Process but only has to do with getting Brits back on the streets. Robinson is only intent on recreating the same conditions that made these attacks so common in the past. We can't allow this to happen. The Brits need to go home and Policing and Justice needs to be devolved. If not the dissidents will have more opportunity to do this and the anti peace process crew in the establishment will control the reaction and the direction of peace process.

agree. its only a matter of time before we start seeing the brit landrovers up thru our estates again and on the streets armed to the hilt, not something we want to be going back to. the british army presence here never solved anything. i cant help but think that when it was known the real ira were starting up and the core group who it was were responsible for its setting up should've been taken out there and then before it had a chance for its numbers to grow, it was the only grouping who everyone knew had the capability to destroy the whole process for peace here.

longball

I no this could be a bad thing to say but I no a number of catholics who joined the PSNI in the 'peace' currently they sh**ing themselves!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

thejuice

Felt sick when I saw the news this morning. These lads are nothing but savages. Clearly they don't see the point of doing anything democratically. Like what was said earlier, if the Loyalists retaliate it'll all go to hell in a handcart.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Doogie Browser

Quote from: longball on March 10, 2009, 09:19:32 AM
I no this could be a bad thing to say but I no a number of catholics who joined the PSNI in the 'peace' currently they sh**ing themselves!
No doubt, that is exactly what these people want though, they want to discourage any catholics from joining.  

AZOffaly

Shocking stuff. I can only hope it's a small rabble, but I get the feeling this may have been brewing for a while. I'm one of those people who would love a 32 County united Ireland, but these gobshites are not doing this in my name. If anything they are making it further away.

orangeman

I'm not excusing this for one minute, in fact I condemn it and sincerely hope that this stops immediately but the history of Ireland is a very bloody one - for centuries Irish men have fought the British and this is a case of history repeating itself. You can go back over history and see that this is the case and you have to say that some sort of splinter group was almost inevitably going to spring up from somewhere.

cavan4ever

I hope were not going to have one of these Threads starting up every couple of days.

thejuice

Also read on Slugger that a suspect device was found in a Sinn Fein office in Cookstown, f u c k i n g hell
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2009, 09:37:39 AM
I'm not excusing this for one minute, in fact I condemn it and sincerely hope that this stops immediately but the history of Ireland is a very bloody one - for centuries Irish men have fought the British and this is a case of history repeating itself. You can go back over history and see that this is the case and you have to say that some sort of splinter group was almost inevitably going to spring up from somewhere.

Thats probably the most important post on the thread.

It's not only that but also everywhere the Brits send troops there is resistance. It's also true that everwhere the Brits send troops there is a British agenda. The Brits have no problem pulling out of anywhere that they are finished with. Dissident Republicans are probably the smallest and least effective of the anti-peace process groups.

corn02

Quote from: thejuice on March 10, 2009, 09:40:35 AM
Also read on Slugger that a suspect device was found in a Sinn Fein office in Cookstown, f u c k i n g hell

Yes yesterday afternoon about 2pm or so.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: corn02 on March 10, 2009, 09:45:51 AM
Quote from: thejuice on March 10, 2009, 09:40:35 AM

Yes yesterday afternoon about 2pm or so.

It was a pipebomb.
Tbc....