Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 16, 2010, 07:16:12 PM
Has anyone brought up the fact Croke Park gave Sludden 85% rating for his performance on Sunday?
As far as I understand the new system involves a panel of 4 grading each referee's performance in the championship. 85% = a "very good" rating, just 5% shy of "excellent".

He'll be back boys, indeed he will be back the same boyo.

Don't think that is new. Was talking to a quite prominant ref there last year and he told me about that. They get feedback about how you didn't spot the pick of the ground in the 10th minute etc etc. Hard to believe Slodden got 85% cos he was cat the whole game. He gave a couple of "of the grounds" against Meath that were brutal. Maybe that is why eejits like him get games as the boys watching them are even worse eejits.

magickingdom

94 pages - some going. i was sick for louth, they were robbed of the leinster championship and there was never going to be any fixing of it. would i have done what sheridan did? absolutely. if i was from louth and i was standing near the ref at the end of it i wouldnt rule out decking him either. it would have been wrong but in the heat of the moment mad things happen that are later regretted.

for the many posters who said it wouldnt happen kerry/dublin etc, heres heartbreak and cheating (doyle was pushed) all in a few minutes on what would have been kerrys only 5 in a row

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YenPKDg8FKs&feature=related

muppet

Quote from: magickingdom on July 16, 2010, 07:47:06 PM
94 pages - some going. i was sick for louth, they were robbed of the leinster championship and there was never going to be any fixing of it. would i have done what sheridan did? absolutely. if i was from louth and i was standing near the ref at the end of it i wouldnt rule out decking him either. it would have been wrong but in the heat of the moment mad things happen that are later regretted.

for the many posters who said it wouldnt happen kerry/dublin etc, heres heartbreak and cheating (doyle was pushed) all in a few minutes on what would have been kerrys only 5 in a row

The thing I most like about that goal was the lack of any whinging from the Kerry players.

Now back to today. A Kerry supporter genuinely thinks that a very very debatable missed push in the back call (the video evidence is inconclusive at best unlike this debate), straight after a missed penalty by Kerry amounts to the same level of daylight robbery as was handed out by the ref to Louth.

What this episode really shows is that for some reason we all desperately want to be the victims of terrible injustices. How else can you explain the suggestion that a team that won 4 All Ireland titles in a row were every bit the victim that Louth were last week?
MWWSI 2017

magickingdom

wakey wakey muppet, last week was a leinster final with a back door for the losers, the 82 game was kerry going for their 5TH ALL IRELAND IN A ROW. no comparison

fearglasmor

Yer a sad Kerry man.

magickingdom

Quote from: fearglasmor on July 16, 2010, 08:25:23 PM

Yer a sad Kerry man.

no such thing

muppet

Quote from: magickingdom on July 16, 2010, 08:25:16 PM
wakey wakey muppet, last week was a leinster final with a back door for the losers, the 82 game was kerry going for their 5TH ALL IRELAND IN A ROW. no comparison

:D :D :D :D :D

Someone like you would never understand so there is just no point.
MWWSI 2017

small white mayoman

Quote from: small white mayoman on July 14, 2010, 09:04:34 AM
Quote from: tyroneboi on July 14, 2010, 08:53:24 AM
Gift Grub on Today FM was very funny this morning.

it was  :D , "louth aid " the song was called seeing its the 25th anniversary of live aid

http://audioserver.todayfm.com/audio/breakfast/Gift_louthaid.mp3

here is gift grub from during the week thats if the link works 
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

sandwiches_in_the_boot

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Maguire01

It's a bit crap actually. And it was injury time, not extra time.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 16, 2010, 04:32:10 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 16, 2010, 04:27:38 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 16, 2010, 04:04:16 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 16, 2010, 03:52:57 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 16, 2010, 03:29:59 PM
It seems the Louth fans can move on but everyone else that has suffered at our hands over the years is happy to continue grinding their axes for all they are worth.

Exactly - I was just saying the same myself today. To be fair, it's only a few Cavan and Mayo stragglers that are hanging onto their holier-than-thou sanctimony.

I don't think I'll bother reading Mickey's piece. Let me guess - he wants us down on our knees saying the rosary?

Ah come on now Hardy i didn't see many mayo posters arguing with you and in fact i  for one have stuck up for meath in this episode

Sorry Deel. You're right - not many - that's why I called them stragglers. I know you're a closet Meath fan.Edit - I thought Zoyler was Mayo as well, but I could be wrong, so even fewer.

i feel ill  :D

Thats like accusing someone of a heinous perfersion.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

AZOffaly

Just catching up on this thread now. Does anyone think Louth were hard done by Last Sunday?

The Konica

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 18, 2010, 11:35:54 AM
Just catching up on this thread now. Does anyone think Louth were hard done by Last Sunday?
;D  ;D  ;D

From the Bunker