Down vs Dublin Minor fixture - when?

Started by Denn Forever, August 07, 2009, 03:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Due to cicumstances conspiring against them I think Down will find it hard to win through in this match. Having seen Kildare play Dublin must be useful enough to have beaten them.

Highlander3

We were lucky enough to win that at the end, but we deserved some luck at the end of a game this year.

I did not think we had a good minor team this year but they really do seem to be coming on, and that they have a few great players.

Hope we keep this underage success going, and i think it will eventually lead to success at senior level again

5 Sams

Listened to this game on the radio and I have never ever heard a finish like it......the lead must have changed hands 3 times during injury time alone. That was some kick by McGarry off the ground from 55 yds out....and then when McParland scored the goal I thought Jack Devanney was going have a heart attack....well done to Mark Turley and the boys. What odds we get Armagh in the final if we get over Mayo...

BTW fair play to Five FM for the coverage....Devanney is a very good commentator....
The Aristocrat Years

Throw ball

What is it with Down underage teams this year and late goals? Well done. It is good to see Ulster teams doing well. Hope Down get to meet Armagh in the final - with Armagh winning off course.  ;)

ross4life

result Dublin 2-14 down 2-16 it's Mayo next on the 30th, it's a very open minor championship, Down,kerry Armagh (slight favorites) & Mayo, i know it's a new Down team but they last won it in 2005 while others have not won it for ages ;) looking forward to the last three games (shame the rossies are out :-[)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Highlander3

does anyone know how many of this Down team can play minors next year?

Leo

will the ill-informed rants aginst Mark Turley be silent for a while?
Fierce tame altogether

western exile

Quote from: Leo on August 16, 2009, 06:55:57 PM
Based on 1 game?  No trophy won yet.  Armagh were far better than them in the Ulster final remember. 
He may prove himself  yet, but he jury is still out, I think.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: western exile on August 16, 2009, 08:26:26 PM
Quote from: Leo on August 16, 2009, 06:55:57 PM
Based on 1 game?  No trophy won yet.  Armagh were far better than them in the Ulster final remember. 
He may prove himself  yet, but he jury is still out, I think.

Did he not manage Down in 2005 ?

DownFanatic

The Down Minors were back to work last night in Dundrum. They spent most of the evening out around the infamous Murlough sand dunes. God help them today!!!

western exile

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 18, 2009, 07:30:44 PM
The Down Minors were back to work last night in Dundrum. They spent most of the evening out around the infamous Murlough sand dunes. God help them today!!!
Does that type of training have value this late in the competition?  I would have thought that they would be in optimum physical condition by now, and would be concentrating on ball work and how to beat Mayo.

Boozehell

Fair play to the Down Minors on getting a great result.  But like all Dublin Senior teams the Dublin Minors BOTTLED it when getting near the big stages.
Down GAA to the last.

angermanagement

Quote from: western exile on August 19, 2009, 12:09:37 AM
Does that type of training have value this late in the competition?  I would have thought that they would be in optimum physical condition by now, and would be concentrating on ball work and how to beat Mayo.

Its probably more to do with running the drink out of them from the celebrations over the weekend.

Fair play to Mark Turley he took an awful lot of abuse earllier in the year and the team have exceeded everones expectations.

DownFanatic

Win - Saturday night - drink - more drink - Monday night - alcohol still in the system - egos inflated - sand dune running - alcohol leaves system - egos back down to earth - refocused for Mayo game

western exile

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 19, 2009, 04:58:02 PM

Win - Saturday night - drink - more drink - Monday night - alcohol still in the system - egos inflated - sand dune running - alcohol leaves system - egos back down to earth - refocused for Mayo game
;D  I am sold!