Joe Sheridan heading for the Nfl

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, March 12, 2012, 10:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Best of luck to the lad, only a too familiar site as another lad of youth is lost to emigration

As a fan of the American Football he may yet land a role there with some team, such are his skills of the arm ;)

Declan

Jinxy

Best of luck to him.
He'll just be 'regular' Joe over there though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Is it only for a few months or for a longer duration?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tbrick18

What age is Joe Sheridan?
Fair play till him.

Hound

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 12, 2012, 12:42:11 PM
Fair play till him.
27 according to the paper. Younger than I thought. Be around a while.

deiseach

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on March 12, 2012, 10:35:40 AM
Best of luck to the lad, only a too familiar site as another lad of youth is lost to emigration

As a fan of the American Football he may yet land a role there with some team, such are his skills of the arm ;)

Aye, no better man for carrying the football into the endzone.

demusicman

Hills are GREEN far away
Dont the WE all know that !!!
;)

tbrick18

Quote from: Hound on March 12, 2012, 12:47:05 PM
Fair play till him.

Holy cow! I thought he had to be about 32, he is about some length of time. Maybe it's the lack of hair that makes him look older ;)
Good luck to him, but I'm glad he wont be there when we play yous next week!

whiskeysteve

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 13, 2012, 09:02:51 AM
Quote from: Hound on March 12, 2012, 12:47:05 PM
Fair play till him.

Holy cow! I thought he had to be about 32, he is about some length of time. Maybe it's the lack of hair that makes him look older ;)
Good luck to him, but I'm glad he wont be there when we play yous next week!

Tbrick, you might remember was the main man for Meath in the 2002 All Ireland minor final but Gerard O'Kane at full back played a stormer on him, managing to hold him scoreless and getting MOTM in the process as Derry waltzed the final. The reason I knew he was 27!

Best of luck to Joe
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

rowzocull12

Down corner back Neil Mc Parland also kept him scoreless in the league last year. Not many can say they have done that. Fair play to him. Rightfully deserves his place and Damien Rafferty will have a lot of difficulty getting his place back.

As a louth man though, I can only say Sheridan going is a blessing. Baldy c**t

mick999

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on March 12, 2012, 10:35:40 AM

Not exactly ..

I see from Mc Enaney in the Indo that he had secured work in Ireland , but wanted to head off ..

"We've made every effort to keep him at home since he first raised the prospect of this a couple of weeks ago.

Employment was secured for him (in Ireland) if he wanted it, but he wanted to go. Unfortunately we've had to accept the decision."

johnneycool

Where's this American football connection coming from?

It was on the radio that he was taking up a role in construction, no mention of NFL in the article.

screenexile

Maybe a tongue in cheek reference to his Touchdown against Louth there a couple of years back.

AhJaysusRef

QuoteWhere's this American football connection coming from?

It was on the radio that he was taking up a role in construction, no mention of NFL in the article.

Facepalm