Joe Sheridan heading for the Nfl

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, March 12, 2012, 10:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Good luck to him. Maybe he'll be back. The US isn't for everyone.
I hope he's not a leftie and that he somehow meets  TO and Stew while they are out hunting.

Ard-Rí

I thought he was 30 to be honest, we'll see him back if he's only 27. I wish him the best of luck, though like all the other young people leaving I resent his having to go.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ard-Rí on March 13, 2012, 04:45:56 PM
I thought he was 30 to be honest, we'll see him back if he's only 27. I wish him the best of luck, though like all the other young people leaving I resent his having to go.

I think the point with this one is that Joe is chosing to go. Fair play, he's right to see a bit of the world if that's what he wants to do. A year in New York and he'll be fresh and mad for road when he gets back.

Jinxy

Lads he's hardly clambering onto a coffin-ship.
No need for the mournful farewells.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orchardman

Quote from: Jinxy on March 13, 2012, 04:58:42 PM

exactly, fucks sake lads, he's heading to the states on the sauce for a few months, he had a job here. No doubt clubs are hugely hit, but this emigration does get hyped up. The irish indo had a rubbish article, this is the best they could come up with:

Niall Corkery (Dublin)

Brian White, Mick Fanning, John O'Brien (Louth)

Tommy Freeman (Monaghan)

tommy freeman went away for the summer for gods sake, and the them 3 louth lads, god knows how many times i've read about them coming or going. The gaa at county level is hardly badly hit

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: Orchardman on March 13, 2012, 05:09:55 PM

exactly, f**ks sake lads, he's heading to the states on the sauce for a few months, he had a job here. No doubt clubs are hugely hit, but this emigration does get hyped up. The irish indo had a rubbish article, this is the best they could come up with:

Niall Corkery (Dublin)

Brian White, Mick Fanning, John O'Brien (Louth)

Tommy Freeman (Monaghan)

tommy freeman went away for the summer for gods sake, and the them 3 louth lads, god knows how many times i've read about them coming or going. The gaa at county level is hardly badly hit

Stephen Ormsby the Roscommon corner back is moving to Warwickshire

Ard-Rí

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 13, 2012, 04:56:44 PM
Quote from: Ard-Rí on March 13, 2012, 04:45:56 PM

I think the point with this one is that Joe is chosing to go. Fair play, he's right to see a bit of the world if that's what he wants to do. A year in New York and he'll be fresh and mad for road when he gets back.

If that's the case then fair enough, and I agree that he's right to do it. It's just that I wouldn't have been surprised if it wasn't.

County level is one thing, but 13 lads from the first team panel in my area left in the last couple of years.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Orchardman

yea, i know of a few clubs who have lost over 10 proper first team players, not just micky mouse names, and its sad. Don't think the GAA can do that much about, its a society issue in general. When i was in oz around 2005, kevin hughes and brian mcguigan went for a year, this was the height of celtic tiger ireland and just after winning an all ireland, people didnt call it emigration at the time when we wer all going.

Just realised the clare hurling captain from a year or so ago did emigrate to oz, so that was maybe a big a loss an any. Kieron Toner from armagh has gone to oz, and is the only one from recent years that i know off, and some reckon he'll be back for summer.

by the way, enjoy urself out there big joe

mick999

I hear he's on the way back ..

Orchardman

As some of us said he would be, so much for the tearful farewells posted on here! i'd say he had good craic in them 6 weeks though

Hardy

From the Bunker

Joe's back to try again for Meath!  :P

Armaghgael

Quote from: Orchardman on March 13, 2012, 11:20:33 PM
yea, i know of a few clubs who have lost over 10 proper first team players, not just micky mouse names, and its sad. Don't think the GAA can do that much about, its a society issue in general. When i was in oz around 2005, kevin hughes and brian mcguigan went for a year, this was the height of celtic tiger ireland and just after winning an all ireland, people didnt call it emigration at the time when we wer all going.

Just realised the clare hurling captain from a year or so ago did emigrate to oz, so that was maybe a big a loss an any. Kieron Toner from armagh has gone to oz, and is the only one from recent years that i know off, and some reckon he'll be back for summer.

by the way, enjoy urself out there big joe

Was back today or yesterday
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Syferus

Just in time to lead Meath to a historic All-Ireland victory!

Over Wicklow. Maybe.

Jinxy

I see Peadar Byrne is back in the panel and Mark Ward will miss the Leinster championship.
Peader for midfield?
If you were any use you'd be playing.