Jack O Connor - New Kerry Manager

Started by REDCOL, October 16, 2008, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDCOL

With Pat O Shea resignation today. Jack will be back he has unfinished business with Tyrone. Player power has worked in Kerry to oust Pat.

Real1995

What is the reaction among u kerry lads about O'shea steppin down?? what is the general feelin within the county?
Nice guys always finish second!

Shamrock Shore

Kerry Mike

Pat O Se has stepped down as manager of the Kerry team citing personal reasons.

O'Se led the Kingdom to All-Ireland success over Cork in 2007, but failed to put titles back-to-back when outsiders Tyrone got the better of the holders in the 2008 decider.

O'Se, who is employed by the Munster Council as a coach, came in for heavy criticism from some parts of Kerry after the Tyrone set-back.

Thanks for 2007 Pat,  and for putting in a huge effort this year, though mistakes were made and not rectified.
It still a huge achievement to win the 2 in a row and to be part of that well done.

Cant see Jack coming back or Paidi either, Bring back Micko I say, the only Kerry manager with a winning formula to beat Tyrone  ;)

I'd say John Kennedy the minor manager, Charlie Nelligan and Bomber Liston will be the front runners, while other Kerry men are probably tied to their current county roles, Liam Kearins, Mickey Ned, Liam O'Flaherta and John Evans.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

mannix

ungrateful bastards, jack o connor will not come back after the abuse cast at him and his selectors.Kerry better be careful or they could become ordainary again.And I am talking about players and fans in this breath.

ONeill

That's 3 Kerry managers Mickey Harte has retired.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SuperDooperCooper

Do not think it was player power - Pat just wanted to go.
Mixed feeling I'd say, what is not in dispute is that the line was not good against Tyrone.
It is Sean Geaney's (U-21 & former minor manager) if he wants it. Being a teacher he has the time.
Interestingly Crokes will possibly be looking for a new manager next year so Pat may not be gone from the national scene too long.

Kerry Mike

QuoteThat's 3 Kerry managers Mickey Harte has retired.

Ah hardly now, Jack Connor stayed on for another year, knowing full well that Tyrone would be taking a year off in 2006 so we'd be in line for another easy one  ;)
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ONeill

I suppose Jack bate Armagh in '06. A donkey off the Kerry back.

Kerry Mike

AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ONeill

REDCOL

SuperDooper, no truth in a delegation from Mid Kerry approaching the CB?

magickingdom

not good news imo and i'm sorry to see pat go. yes there were mistakes made this year but this merry go round in managers thats going on in kerry now is not good. its a steep learning curve for any new manager and it takes time, in jack o connor and pat o shea we had two good managers who would have only got better over time.  hard to know will some of the senior players stick around with a new man coming in (dara in particular) but thats another story. kerry fans owe a big thanks to pat o shea for his time and effort these past few years. be very happy to see sean geaney get the job btw but i'm sure the county board will take its time.

johnpower

Quote from: REDCOL on October 16, 2008, 07:07:29 PM
SuperDooper, no truth in a delegation from Mid Kerry approaching the CB?

The Kerry county board are not that easily influenced . Paidi did not have his term extended even though he had 3 nephews involved . This a tough gig . Kerry fans have to be patient and give the new management team time .

In general the life of an inter county manager is not a happy one .Even though Pat o Shea`s reasons are family and work a lot have gone due to the dreaded player power or lack of immediate success

comethekingdom

Fair play to Pat. He guided us to 2 AI finals. We wish him well. Doubt if Jack would come back but it would be very interesting if he did !