AC/DC in Dublin

Started by Stalin, October 14, 2008, 07:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Armamike on June 29, 2009, 11:10:22 PM
Fantastic show. I'm not an ACDC fan but went along to this out of interest - always heard they were great live.

I'm not a prude, and like my pint as much as the next man but the amount of piss heads (and i use the word piss deliberately) there would put me off an outdoor concert like this again. Too many people out of their heads acting like low life. A lot of people in this country can't handle their drink. But the band themselves were unreal - especially oul Angus. He can play guitar.

have to agree 100% with all of this post Armamike. There were some drunken bombscares ! As you said i'm no prude either and i was drinking beer from 10 yesterday morning, but wasnt anywere near the shape of a lot of these guys. Would make me think about an event like this again. Probably wouldnt have to think too hard either. Concert itself was fantastic.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Maguire01

Quote from: under the bar on June 29, 2009, 10:57:44 PM
Before anyone starts whining about the traffic/buses etc.  remember Punchestown is in the middle of nowhere.  Waht did you expect, a train service??
You expect the concert to be in a suitable venue to start with.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 30, 2009, 09:09:14 AM
Before anyone starts whining about the traffic/buses etc.  remember Punchestown is in the middle of nowhere.  Waht did you expect, a train service??
thats why I wouldnt go to see them on sun, punchestown too painful to get to and from.
Same goes for slane..

Chrisowc

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 30, 2009, 09:09:14 AM

It didn't help when I ended up in Bray on the way down.

I was expecting to get kept in the car park for at least an hour but was back to the car and away in no time.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

hectorsheroes

Class concert but an absolute shambles organisational wise. A 4/5 mile walk in and an absolute disgrace with the buses at the end. I'll never be at Punchestown again that for sure

Louth Exile

Jaysus, didn't have any of the problems in relation to in and out!! We left the Potin Still after the Connaught match, headed through Johnstown and got into the venue in no time. We travelled by minibus, we were maybe an hour getting out of the place, but that was no big deal, for what was a mighty gig.

How in the name of god do they do it? I'd have to say my favourite songs on the night were TNT, Rosie, Let there be Rock. There were a few curve balls that you mightn't have been expecting like Dog Eat Dog and four off the current album. The whole gang of us thought it was amazing.

The cousin took this photo from my shoulders during let there be rock, what a shot

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

mylestheslasher

I came in from the city with Dublin Bus as widely advised by promoters, gardai etc. First up it seemed to me that pretty much no special allowance for buses or at least none worth a damn was in place. Took us 3.5 hours to get from Dublin to Punchestown. I didn't mind too much as I got there in time and had a few cans on the bus to pass the time. Now at the end of the gig was when the joke started. There were clear signs where to go to get Dublin Bus and a tool with a loud speaker informing us too. So into a big field we went to queue up in a big long zig zag line. We could see the buses come at first empty and fill up from our queue and things moved a bit but then all ground to a halt and every Dublin bus that came was full before it even got to the queue. After an hour of standing without moving an inch people lost the plot and started knocking down barriers. It was dangerous enough, a big crowd and large heavy steel barriers being knocked. No place for kids. So the crowd tried to get to the buses. Pretty much we had to walk up the road in the direction the buses came from to find that people were way up the road being allowed to board them. Gardai, security and Dublin Bus people standing looking and scratching. Such a bunch of useless f**kers I have never seen before. It was after 2am when we got back to the city. So much for prioritising public transport, would have been better to drive.

rolloutking

Jesus Christ why do people have to moan so much about piss head ands queue's for buses at concerts. I've been to about 10 gigs in the last 9 months and it's always the same reaction from people on this board ,

"I had to wait 2 hours on a bus"
"Every teenager I seen was off their face"
"The stewards just stood around and did nothing"
"I had to que too long for a drink"
"The sound system was shite"
"Half the crowd where pilled out of it" 
"I'm never going to a concert again"

Really what you should say is:

"I'm just a sour oul **** who is over the hill and is jealous of everyone having the craic"

It's a f**king concert. These things are part of it. Get over it. It people like you lot that spoil the whole thing.

Louth Exile

I 100% agree with you Roll Out  :D

Best one I heard was yesterday off a young lady in Carrick. "The rain was terrible and the burgers were expensive"
I enquired further and while we were giving it loads up the front during Rosie they were up the back at the bar eatin burgers!! DURING ROSIE FFS!  :D It couldn't have rained hard enough during Let there be Rock.

That concert has lifted me all week long, the old ticketmaster spam shows that there are a tribute act playing the button factory on the 18th, was considering it until I checked them out on my space

http://www.myspace.com/azdztribute

:o  :-[

If the Glasgow gig was this weekend instead of Tuesday I'd be gone.
Some good vids up on youtube.
Also noticed that the set list is cast in concrete, the exact same every night of the tour
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Maguire01

Quote from: rolloutking on June 30, 2009, 11:42:07 PM
Jesus Christ why do people have to moan so much about piss head ands queue's for buses at concerts. I've been to about 10 gigs in the last 9 months and it's always the same reaction from people on this board ,

"I had to wait 2 hours on a bus"
"Every teenager I seen was off their face"
"The stewards just stood around and did nothing"
"I had to que too long for a drink"
"The sound system was shite"
"Half the crowd where pilled out of it" 
"I'm never going to a concert again"

Really what you should say is:

"I'm just a sour oul **** who is over the hill and is jealous of everyone having the craic"

It's a f**king concert. These things are part of it. Get over it. It people like you lot that spoil the whole thing.
These things are part of it if you accept them. Why should you pay €80 for a concert and then have a crap soundsystem? Or have to wait 2 hours because the organisers can't get the public transport sorted?
As for the queues at bars - i just don't understand this. The amount of money that could be made here if there were enough bars - it's madness on the part of the organisers.

For the record, I was at the gig in The Point in April - good crowd and no queues for anything - straight to the front of the bar every time (and I was only going at intervals, when they're normally bunged).

StGallsGAA

Those who claim the sound is crap are usually those to be found standing in between 2 relay stations.  Just move closer to one of them and hey presto!

rolloutking

QuoteThese things are part of it if you accept them. Why should you pay €80 for a concert and then have a crap soundsystem? Or have to wait 2 hours because the organisers can't get the public transport sorted?
As for the queues at bars - i just don't understand this. The amount of money that could be made here if there were enough bars - it's madness on the part of the organisers.

For the record, I was at the gig in The Point in April - good crowd and no queues for anything - straight to the front of the bar every time (and I was only going at intervals, when they're normally bunged).

The point I am making is that concerts are like this and all these things are part of the experience. Concerts aren't just about the music. They're about the craic, the warm beer, the half cooked burgers, the mud, the rain, the not giving a f**k about anything for a while, having a day out with your mates, getting soaked with a pint from someone miles back and not caring, swinging you tshirt over you head, having a total stranger lift you on their shoulders, being in the company of people who know every word of every song just like you, the mosh pits, singing your favourite song as loud you can along with 80000 people, seeing your mate with a girl who you wouldn't put your boot in never mind your tool and just laughing it off.

Thats what happens at concerts and thats why you pay 80 Euros for a ticket. So next time your standing in a que for a drink or a bus for 2 hours try being sociable and have the craic with the person beside you instead of standing with a sour face thinking about what radio phone in show your going to call in the morning. If you go to a gig just to hear the music you would be safer staying at home and listening to a live album in the comfort of your living room. Otherwise spend your 80 euros on a opera ticket or a musical in some theatre. I hear they are very respectable occasions.

Rav67

Quote from: rolloutking on July 03, 2009, 01:36:50 AM
QuoteThese things are part of it if you accept them. Why should you pay €80 for a concert and then have a crap soundsystem? Or have to wait 2 hours because the organisers can't get the public transport sorted?

The point I am making is that concerts are like this and all these things are part of the experience. Concerts aren't just about the music. They're about the craic, the warm beer, the half cooked burgers, the mud, the rain, the not giving a f**k about anything for a while, having a day out with your mates, getting soaked with a pint from someone miles back and not caring, swinging you tshirt over you head, having a total stranger lift you on their shoulders, being in the company of people who know every word of every song just like you, the mosh pits, singing your favourite song as loud you can along with 80000 people, seeing your mate with a girl who you wouldn't put your boot in never mind your tool and just laughing it off.
Thats what happens at concerts and thats why you pay 80 Euros for a ticket. So next time your standing in a que for a drink or a bus for 2 hours try being sociable and have the craic with the person beside you instead of standing with a sour face thinking about what radio phone in show your going to call in the morning. If you go to a gig just to hear the music you would be safer staying at home and listening to a live album in the comfort of your living room. Otherwise spend your 80 euros on a opera ticket or a musical in some theatre. I hear they are very respectable occasions.

:D Thats him told!

Rolloutking - regarding the bit in bold, I though you were a girl?  Or has the mask slipped and you're actually a fella like the majority of "ladies" on this board!

rolloutking

QuoteThats him told!

Rolloutking - regarding the bit in bold, I though you were a girl?  Or has the mask slipped and you're actually a fella like the majority of "ladies" on this board!

What the f**k made you think that? Ther usernames RollOutKing, not RollOutQueen

Rav67

Quote from: rolloutking on July 03, 2009, 02:58:58 AM
QuoteThats him told!

What the f**k made you think that? Ther usernames RollOutKing, not RollOutQueen

:D Cant remember its just in my head from ages ago.  In fairness I did think you went on like a fella and must be a mucksavage/ladette!