North of Ireland Assembly

Started by Hereiam, October 10, 2008, 10:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

What do people think about the current situation. They haven't met in months and they are still getting paid for doing sweet F A. If anything it shows that this part of the Island is still being run from head office in London when things can go on as normal without an executive. Read in one of the papers that the north receives something in the region of 8 Billion pounds a year from England, thats alot of money. Does anyone know how much the north pays into the purse of London a year through taxes etc.

ONeill

The sooner we get to a joint-authority situation the better. Onwards and upwards and we'll be standing for Faith of our Fathers at the end of the disco before long.

I don't think SF would care a jot if we need the JA route. DUP/UUP/that other one would need to bend a little more or else the Ulster Scots initiative is gone forever. Wee dafties.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sideshow Bob

Take away their money and they`ll all run back to work pretty soon.

full back

Spot on Bob
They are getting paid to do a job, they arent doing it so why pay them?
In the real world, I doubt too many people would get paid if they refused to work, in all probability they would get the sack........

Sideshow Bob

Theres no real difference though, if NI is run from Westminster well and good, if its run from Stormont its just the shinners being paid to run NI on behalf of Her Majestys Government. Same thing really. Save the UK exchequer a packet and sack the lot of them.  ;)

Donagh

On the one hand SF were caught out badly taking this Assembly instead of 'Plan B'. Their view at the time was the Assembly had to be tried because Fianna Fáil (or any of the other Free Staters) couldn't be trusted to run things on behalf of the nationalist community after the blocks they were putting in place for a deal before St Andrews. On the other hand we all knew the DUP couldn't be trusted to work a deal with nationalists even after a bedding-in period, so the whole thing is a waste of time. Pull it down and let's see what else is on offer.

Donagh

Quote from: full back on October 10, 2008, 10:56:44 AM

They are getting paid to do a job, they arent doing it so why pay them?

The Assembly is meeting, it's only the Executive that aren't. For evidence have a look at the Nigel Dodds climbdown yesterday when he first said he couldn't distribute the spare cash around the departments and then he did.

Sideshow Bob

Shock horror. Connolly Houses very own representative on the GAA Board, Donagh, speaks up on behalf of British rule in the Six Counties. You couldnt make it up  :D

ONeill

What disappoints me most has been the DUP reverting to type. When Paisley's arm was twisted and took the plunge because of his vision of a 'doomsday scenario' draped in the the green and orange, I think I believed him. They're not progressive and are, albeit, sating the present generation, crippling what is left of Unionist culture in the north.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Donagh

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on October 10, 2008, 11:06:42 AM
Shock horror. Connolly Houses very own representative on the GAA Board, Donagh, speaks up on behalf of British rule in the Six Counties. You couldnt make it up  :D

Bob the sad thing about it is that you can't hold a reasoned discussion without resorting to personal attacks. Your inane comments only ruin every thread to which you contribute. If you object to anything I have said point it out, put you argument like an adult and I'll do my best to do the same. There's a good lad...   

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: ONeill on October 10, 2008, 11:07:49 AM
crippling what is left of Unionist culture in the north.

Is that like American Intelligence?

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Donagh on October 10, 2008, 11:09:20 AM
Quote from: Sideshow Bob on October 10, 2008, 11:06:42 AM

Bob the sad thing about it is that you can't hold a reasoned discussion without resorting to personal attacks. Your inane comments only ruin every thread to which you contribute. If you object to anything I have said point it out, put you argument like an adult and I'll do my best to do the same. There's a good lad...   

Donagh true or not? Are Gerry Adams, Martin McGuinness, Conor Murphy and the rest of Sinn Fein not being paid to administer British rule in counties Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone?
Now you can dress it up whichever way you like, you can even call Sinn Fein press office for a more reasoned answer, but Gerry A and Co are taking the Queens shilling and implementing British rule in the North East of Ireland.

Truth 1-0 Sinn Fein (AET)

pintsofguinness

Hey sideshowbob, why don't you post under your normal username, the one we're more familiar with?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donagh

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on October 10, 2008, 11:14:33 AM

Donagh true or not? Are Gerry Adams, Martin McGuinness, Conor Murphy and the rest of Sinn Fein not being paid to administer British rule in counties Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone?
Now you can dress it up whichever way you like, you can even call Sinn Fein press office for a more reasoned answer, but Gerry A and Co are taking the Queens shilling and implementing British rule in the North East of Ireland.

Truth 1-0 Sinn Fein (AET)

What has that got to do with the subject under discussion?

Donagh

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 10, 2008, 11:17:43 AM
Hey sideshowbob, why don't you post under your normal username, the one we're more familiar with?

Ach it's not, is it?