The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groucho

Brilliant match....well done to both teams....but hearty congratulations to Leinster....have not enjoyed a Saturday evening as much in a long time.....my nerves are shrieking for a pint 8)
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

Hoof Hearted

just home from Cardiff and all i can say now is....WOW ! Fuckin brilliant.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

Leinster, the Heineken Cup champions, will be the first club allocated a Pool for the 2011 / 2012 tournament when the draw for the composition of the six Pools of four clubs each for the 17th tournament takes place at Twickenham Stadium on Tuesday, 7 June 2011
Share Leinster are also top of the ERC European Rankings, which determine the tiers of the clubs who have qualified for European club rugby's premier competition, and are joined in Tier 1 by three other Heineken Cup winners in Toulouse, Munster and Leicester Tigers.
Cardiff Blues and Biarritz Olympique, both former Heineken Cup finalists, complete the top group of six.

Once the Tier 1 clubs have each been allocated a different Pool no club from the same Tier will be drawn in the same Pool and no Pool will have more than one club from the same country with the exception of England, as there are seven English teams.

The draw will launch the countdown to a tournament which will climax at Twickenham Stadium on the weekend of 19 / 20 May, 2012, with the 17th Heineken Cup final.

CLUBS AND TIERS

TIER 1 - Leinster, Toulouse, Munster, Cardiff Blues, Biarritz Olympique, Leicester Tigers
TIER 2 - Northampton Saints, ASM Clermont Auvergne, Ospreys, Bath Rugby, Harlequins, London Irish
TIER 3 - Ulster Rugby, Saracens, Gloucester Rugby, Glasgow Warriors, Scarlets, Edinburgh
TIER 4 - Connacht Rugby, Benetton Treviso, Castres Olympique, Montpellier, Racing Metro 92, Aironi Rugby

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some potential brilliant groups here, Tier 2 has as many good teams as Tier 1. Tier 3 strong too bar the scottish teams. Tier 4 has 2 of the semi finalists of the French Top 14. Some top seeds are going to have a stinker of a group.

Hoof Hearted

Toulouse heading to Galway !!

Defending champions Leinster will face Bath, Glasgow and Montpellier in the pool stages of the 2011/2012 Heineken Cup.

The Irish province beat Northampton 33-22 after an epic comeback to win their second title last month in Cardiff.

Northampton, who were among the second seeds, will play Munster, Scarlets and Castres Olympique.

Three-time winners Toulouse will play Harlequins, Gloucester and competition debutants Connacht.

POOL ONE: Munster, Northampton Saints, Scarlets, Castres Olympique

POOL TWO: Cardiff Blues, London Irish, Edinburgh, Racing Metro 92

POOL THREE: Leinster, Bath Rugby, Glasgow Warriors, Montpellier

POOL FOUR: Leicester, Clermont Auvergne, Ulster, Aironi Rugby

POOL FIVE: Biarritz Olympique, Ospreys, Saracens, Benetton Treviso

POOL SIX: Toulouse, Harlequins, Gloucester Rugby, Connacht Rugby

Capt Pat

That should be a decent draw for Leinster. The others were not so lucky. On all known form Leinster will be the only Irish team in the knockout stages next year.   

GaillimhIarthair

A good draw for Connacht in terms of getting a few full houses in Galway.  We havent a notion of qualifying so next best thing is some attractive matches.  Toulouse could probably sell out a few times and I would expect good crowds over from both Harlequins and Gloucester.  I dont think the actual fixtures are out for another month or so though.

ludermor

McHale park will be some craic for these games!!

Myles Na G.

Tough draw for Ulster, but some great matches in prospect too. Already looking forward to seeing CA at Ravenhill!

Hoof Hearted

Going to look about tickets for the Leicester game. Clermont in the past have fielded reserve teams away from home. Leicester got beat at ravenhill the last time they were over i think. It was a sunday match and they had to make their way through Paisley and his men protesting !

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 07, 2011, 01:41:30 PM
A good draw for Connacht in terms of getting a few full houses in Galway.  We havent a notion of qualifying so next best thing is some attractive matches.  Toulouse could probably sell out a few times and I would expect good crowds over from both Harlequins and Gloucester.  I dont think the actual fixtures are out for another month or so though.

Reminds me I must renew my season ticket. A good deal in fairness.

•    Guaranteed entry to all 11 home matches in the Magners League, including the Inter-Provincial clashes with league winners Munster, Heineken Cup winners Leinster and league semi-finalists Ulster.
•    Guaranteed entry to Connacht's 3 home Heineken Cup pool games at The Sportsground.
•    Entry to all Pre-Season friendlies at the Sportsground
•    Connacht Supporters Scarf and membership of the Supporters Club   
•    A free pint at all home games in the Magners League and Heineken Cup

Hoof Hearted

is there no other ground they could take it to, try and make a few pound

oakleafgael

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 07, 2011, 08:37:49 PM

•    Guaranteed entry to all 11 home matches in the Magners League, including the Inter-Provincial clashes with league winners Munster, Heineken Cup winners Leinster and league semi-finalists Ulster.
•    Guaranteed entry to Connacht's 3 home Heineken Cup pool games at The Sportsground.

If you are a regular attender and see some of your fellow supporters who keep throwing bottle tops and other rubbish onto the dog track would you kindly ask them to behave themselves.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 07, 2011, 08:47:03 PM
is there no other ground they could take it to, try and make a few pound

The Stoop or Loftus Road? ;)

Capt Pat

How much is that going to cost?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 07, 2011, 09:21:19 PM

How much is that going to cost?

€200