The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Are you there Dinny? Who's medal is it?

By the way MGHU, if you're truly interested you can search for the multiple posts where I defend my Lunsterism :) Hence Dinny's post.

Dinny Breen

I wish AZ, used up my passes for last weekend.....

That would be a fellow Lilywhite from Naas...
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

Thats a nice medal Dinny, well done.

It got very quiet here in Northampton about 6pm and there wasn't a whimper out of the crowd in the second half.

Some second half from Leinster. I think Northamptons big forwards were too fucked after giving their all in the first half. A bit like Rocky's second fight with Clubber Lang.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

The floor behind is funny :)

Is he on Twitter or something?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: thejuice on May 21, 2011, 08:51:02 PM

It got very quiet here in Northampton about 6pm and there wasn't a whimper out of the crowd in the second half.

Some second half from Leinster. I think Northamptons big forwards were too fucked after giving their all in the first half. A bit like Rocky's second fight with Clubber Lang.

O'Neils in Liverpool, a group of Saints fans were very vocal in the first half, they said f**k all in the second.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2011, 08:51:37 PM
The floor behind is funny :)

Is he on Twitter or something?

Na, mate of a mate..
#newbridgeornowhere

Gaffer

Quote from: thejuice on May 21, 2011, 08:51:02 PM

Prediction for this fight? ............PAIN.....
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

mannix

That was a good comeback, well done Leinster.

Orangemac

Fair play to Leinster. That should put paid to accusations of a soft centre that has been levelled at them for good.

I know Sexton will get the plaudits and rightly so but O'Brien is like the terminator when he gets going,it takes about 4 men to get him stopped.

Capt Pat

People were saying over on planet rugby how much leinster will miss O Driscoll when hes gone. However today and other days have shown that this team has a lot more going for it than O Driscoll. Sexton Heaslip and O Brien are huge players for them now as well. O Driscoll was a bit of a liablity today. Leinster didn't have Kearney either and they seem to have more talent coming through.

magpie seanie

I can't think of a better half of rugby that I've ever seen and certainly not from an Irish team. Just makes you wonder if we get our act together as an international team what we could do in the World Cup. Some of the play with ball in hand was most un-Irish in terms of speed, precision and tempo and frankly no defence will cope with the game played like that.

Delighted that Connacht now get in. Hope the IRFU make sure we get a decent crack at it.

Dinny Breen

O'Driscoll is the standard bearer of Irish rugby his mere presence gives his team mates a lift, his drive for perfection raises the standards of those around. He will never be replaced. His greatness will only truly be reflected upon when he does finally hang up the boots. Ireland's greatest ever player, when Will Greenwood mentioned to Sexton that O'Driscoll said Sexton's speech at half time was one of the catalysts for Leinster's come back, tears welled up in his eyes. That's how much O'Driscoll means to those around him. And he's a nice bloke too...

#newbridgeornowhere

Capt Pat

Ok. What about the scrums. One of the teams was clearly doing something wrong in the first half. Either Northampton were doing something illegal or Leinster were not scrummaging with the right technique and or attitude. There was a huge turn around in the performance of the scrums in the second half.

thejuice

Northampton's forwards were banjaxed, like Tonga'uiha in the second half.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Dinny Breen

Quote from: thejuice on May 22, 2011, 01:06:41 AM
Northampton's forwards were banjaxed, like Tonga'uiha in the second half.

That was definitely a factor and other factors were

1. Leinster modifying their own scrum
2. It was probably pointed out to the ref at HT that the Saints wing-forwards were breaking their bind and driving in on the Leinster props, very illegal
#newbridgeornowhere