The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 20, 2011, 05:43:38 PM
If Leinster win don't Connacht then qualify for the Heineken next year which will be great having the 4 Irish temas involved for the 1st time however the transfer policy of the IRFU where they have allowed half the Connacht team to transfer to Leinster for next year could rebound on them if Connacht get tanked in every game.

Do you honestly think they'll give a fcuk? They'd probably be delighted. Sure they were going to "discontinue" Connacht not long ago.

AZOffaly

Settling down to watch it now in 3D. Rugby is good on 3D, especially the lineouts.

Best of luck to Leinster, ye shower of f**kers :D I hope ye are coming to Thomond Park next week looking for the double. I am confident ye will be.

AZOffaly

AZOffaly

Game on. Leinster need to be careful here early.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2011, 05:10:14 PM
Game on. Leinster need to be careful here early.

Redden has had a very poor start.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Lot of nervy mistakes by Leinster so far. Nacewa dropping kicks, Sexton over thumping one and getting it all the way back. Heaslip carrying in one arm and knocking on, etc etc. I still think they just need to settle. 10-3 is nothing. They don't want too many scrums though!

Good few missed tackles as well, which is very unusual for Leinster this past 4 or 5 years.

muppet

I was really hoping Northhampton wouldn't get a lead. Leinster forcing it, but 14 men now. Need to score during this. Ross is in serious trouble though.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

It might help Leinster if their back row stayed in the scrum.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

WTF? Seven man scrum and they lose it against the head? And then missed tackles, by O'Driscoll of all people.

Time for Leinster to gut check here. This is like a pre-breakthrough performance.

Capt Pat

The Northampton scrum is well on top but they also look a lot more up for it they are more alive. Leinster were not expecting this.

Capt Pat

O Driscolls missed tackle on Foden was disappointing. The first try involved cheating and should have been a penalty to Leinster. However Leinster need to fire things up at half time to get back into this. There is no excuse for playing so poorly.

muppet

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 21, 2011, 05:56:59 PM
O Driscolls missed tackle on Foden was disappointing. The first try involved cheating and should have been a penalty to Leinster. However Leinster need to fire things up at half time to get back into this. There is no excuse for playing so poorly.

This is the reverse of the Ireland England 6N game. If they fix the scrum they can get back into it but it needs to happen fast or this will be a massacre.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

johnpower

AZOffaly

Was 22-6 at half time. Now 22-13