The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

It doesn't matter who is there, will be a great weekend anyway. Is that another date   :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

tyroneboi

Hoof Hearted, as a matter of interest where did you get your tickets for the H Cup final from? How much were they? Have been to Cardiff a few times for rugby matches and it is a great weekend away and would seriously consider going to the final in 2011.

Hoof Hearted

On ticketmaster tyroneboi. They can be bought from the Monday after the final each year.

Reasonable price too. i got the £65 ones. There is cheaper though.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Heineken-Cup-tickets/artist/932881

Capt Pat

Big win for Munster today, absolutely destroyed Toulon. After being 7 nil down inside 2 minutes, they dominated the rest of the game and won 45-18. Toulon are a good side too. Paul O'Connell still has to come back as well.

Mayo4Sam

Great attacking rugby, really went at Toulon, even if frenchies don't travel well it was still a serious result after getting the late point last week. 5 points to Ospreys 4 over the next two matches should see them thru. All the doom & gloom surrounding them has been v premature.
Another great result for Leinster, really motoring since the munster match.

Good win for Connacht but really fucked up badly in Italy last week, talk is though that Elwood has targeted the magners & finishing in the top 3 Irish teams, here's hoping
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Dinny Breen

Toulon made 12 changes from last week, calculated gamble, Ospreys will win that group....
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Toulon make changes, apparently that's what Toulon do - rotate their players week in week out.
According to a French rugby journalist, the team against Munster contained more experienced top 14 players.

Great to see Munster in flow, showing some glimpses of their old prowess. Top class entertainment for the couch potato.

Hoof Hearted

Munster in action @ the minute, 5-6 against the Ospreys, Leinster playing in Clermont after this. Ulster had a good win yesterday. Aironi beating last years runners up Biarritz yesterday was some shock

mc_grens

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 12, 2010, 01:18:41 PM
Munster in action @ the minute, 5-6 against the Ospreys, Leinster playing in Clermont after this. Ulster had a good win yesterday. Aironi beating last years runners up Biarritz yesterday was some shock

Some finish to the Munster game.

INDIANA

Quote from: mc_grens on December 12, 2010, 02:47:56 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 12, 2010, 01:18:41 PM

Some finish to the Munster game.

very poor standard. Hopefully the next game will provide more entertainment

Capt Pat

Munster stepped up in the second half and did what they had to do.

O'Connell got sent off so won't play next week. It probably cost them a bonus point or two as well.

Leinster lost 20-13, what happened in that game?

INDIANA

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 12, 2010, 05:27:40 PM

O'Connell got sent off so won't play next week. It probably cost them a bonus point or two as well.

leinster did very well considering the injuries. 10 each at the break. Clermont had a little more power. O Malley and mc fadden had great games along with O Brien. Heaslip went off injured at 50mins. So leinster did very well.
Much better game then the first one. I cant see Munster being at the business end of this. Semi finals at best

DUBSFORSAM1

Leinster game was brilliant....Great attacking, good defending and Leinster with a massive injury list held on for the bonus point....

If this game didn't prove to Declan Kidney that having a strong scrum is a good idea and that Mike Ross is the best tighthead in Ireland then serious queries have to be raised

mc_grens

Quote from: INDIANA on December 12, 2010, 05:42:53 PM

leinster did very well considering the injuries. 10 each at the break. Clermont had a little more power. O Malley and mc fadden had great games along with O Brien. Heaslip went off injured at 50mins. So leinster did very well.
Much better game then the first one. I cant see Munster being at the business end of this. Semi finals at best

Maybe I'm being pedantic Pat here but surely the Semi Finals would be considered the "business end"?

Celt_Man

Quote from: mc_grens on December 12, 2010, 06:04:56 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 12, 2010, 05:42:53 PM

Maybe I'm being pedantic Pat here but surely the Semi Finals would be considered the "business end"?

Yep I would surely
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010