The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Delighted for Leinster, congrats. Delighted for BOD aswell and all the players O Kelly and  Horgan who were great servants to Irish rugby.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

milltown row

the bookies could not split them yesterday, great win all the same for Leinster. never seen the match so'll settle for the highlights

Declan

Great win and fair play to them. O'Driscoll is one in a million and Rocky must be the best in the business.

fitzroyalty

brill game! BOD and rocky elsom were class!

Hound

Quote from: fitzroyalty on May 24, 2009, 11:13:57 AM
brill game! BOD and rocky elsom were class!
Thought Jamie Heaslip and Cian Healy were brilliant also.

Fantastic day.

Dinny Breen

What a fantastic result for Leinster, raging I wasn't there seemingly it was a fantastic occasion for everyone there, should have gone there on my stag  :-[

Anyway I have serious man-love for Rocky Elson, what a player, have never witnessed a player have such an impact in one season as this guy across any sport, absolute legend. And speaking of Legends, delighted for BOD absolute class on and off the pitch speaks volumes for the guy that even in the mist of victory celebrations he took time out to mention Corrigan, Costello and Hickie.

I just noticed my first post I completely wrote off Leinster but as the season progress I'm quite chuffed with myself that I was able to idenify what Cheika was trying to do, i.e sacrafice flair for defensively solidity and making sure every person knew their defensive resposibility, defence wins cups and that's what won this HC for Leinster, best defensive record in Europe.

The game itself was as intense as they come and the last 20 was about trying not to lose rather than trying to win from both teams and I thnk Leicester's hard end of season caught up with them and physically and mentally they were too tired and in such a tight game that made the difference.

Still nice to Cheika keeping the feet on the ground, next season will be hard but with BOD (the new Keane) around I can see Leinster pushing on from here...

#newbridgeornowhere

ludermor

Just back from a great weekend in edinburgh. Dont need to say anytihng about the match or result, it speaks for itself
The only black spot for me was the behavior of the Munster fans. Id say they nearly outnumbered the Leicester fans! But they were there wearing their jerseys and roaring 'Munster' as if they were playing ( in pubs on friday night and on the streets!). It really was pathetic. At the game there was large pockets of lads in Munster fans shouting and cheering for Leicester. If that was the way they felt why the f**k go to the game? All this is coming from an impartial mayo man who would have a lot of grá for munster but my opinion of them has changed completely after this weekend.

cavan4ever

Quote from: ludermor on May 25, 2009, 01:26:45 AM
Just back from a great weekend in edinburgh. Dont need to say anytihng about the match or result, it speaks for itself
The only black spot for me was the behavior of the Munster fans. Id say they nearly outnumbered the Leicester fans! But they were there wearing their jerseys and roaring 'Munster' as if they were playing ( in pubs on friday night and on the streets!). It really was pathetic. At the game there was large pockets of lads in Munster fans shouting and cheering for Leicester. If that was the way they felt why the f**k go to the game? All this is coming from an impartial mayo man who would have a lot of grá for munster but my opinion of them has changed completely after this weekend.

I dont think that there is anything wrong with that, it would have been nice it they supported Leinster but they are entitled to cheer for whoever they want.

dublinfella

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 25, 2009, 09:22:53 AM

I dont think that there is anything wrong with that, it would have been nice it they supported Leinster but they are entitled to cheer for whoever they want.

Its a long way to go at great expense to be sore, infantile losers.

AZOffaly

Quote from: dublinfella on May 25, 2009, 10:30:18 AM

Agree with that, and disappointed if there were a lot of Munster fans at that craic. To be honest I'd say at least 8/10 fans that I know were shouting for Leinster on Saturday. Also the camera shots seemed to show Munster fans celebrating Leinster scores and all.

To be honest, wearing the Munster jersey I would see as a good touch, if they supported Leinster. It would show that Munster fans were behind Leinster. Of course chanting Munster is a bit daft, but maybe there was drink involved?

Any Munster fan that cheered for Leicester is badly wrong in my opinion. Any Munster fan that wore their Munster jersey, and cheered for Leinster is spot on.

cavan4ever

It is a long way to go but im sure they had the trips booked a long time ago.

dublinfella

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 25, 2009, 10:45:21 AM

It is a long way to go but im sure they had the trips booked a long time ago.

So add arrogant to the infantile loser tag. Cheering for brits over another Irish side?

I understand fans having a trip sorted, but you go and enjoy the day and if you can't bring yourself to cheer for your rivals, say nothing.

Its pathetic stuff.

muppet

I'm still in Edinburgh! Hoof Hearted made wisely made a run for it yesterday.
MWWSI 2017

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: muppet on May 25, 2009, 11:50:31 AM
I'm still in Edinburgh! Hoof Hearted made wisely made a run for it yesterday.

after the saturday i spent with you guys, it was more like a casual stroll i assure you !!
great day, both socially and at the match. I think everyone should post on here how great a weekend it was, just to make Dinny even more depressed coming up to his wedding  ;)

PS muppet, have you left you the pubic triangle yet. The credit card must be taking some bashing at this stage !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 25, 2009, 10:43:39 AM

Agree with that, and disappointed if there were a lot of Munster fans at that craic. To be honest I'd say at least 8/10 fans that I know were shouting for Leinster on Saturday. Also the camera shots seemed to show Munster fans celebrating Leinster scores and all.

To be honest, wearing the Munster jersey I would see as a good touch, if they supported Leinster. It would show that Munster fans were behind Leinster. Of course chanting Munster is a bit daft, but maybe there was drink involved?

Any Munster fan that cheered for Leicester is badly wrong in my opinion. Any Munster fan that wore their Munster jersey, and cheered for Leinster is spot on.

Pathetic really but thats the mentality down there. I don't have a huge gra for Leinster rugby but I was delighted munster were stuffed this year just to shut up some of their fans.