The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

i think there is one more big game in them too. Last chance probably for the likes of BOD. Since the semi's Leicester have had two big games whilst Leinsters big names have been rested so hopefully that will stand them in good stead. Leinster by 5, cant wait.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Roger

Leinster will win this match.

Have a good weekend lads.

Tankie

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 19, 2009, 09:33:11 PM
i think there is one more big game in them too. Last chance probably for the likes of BOD. Since the semi's Leicester have had two big games whilst Leinsters big names have been rested so hopefully that will stand them in good stead. Leinster by 5, cant wait.

i am not so confident. I feel sick just thinking about the game....
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Lad's I've 3 spare tickets  1 on it's own and 2 beside each other  , anyone interested?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Capt Pat

If Munster were in the final there would be no shortage of takers for those tickets I would say, there were even some returned by Leicester.

Donnellys Hollow

If Leicester turn the game into a dogfight then there'll only be one winner. They'll target the Leinster scrum with Castrogiovani and Julian White who can do serious damage in the tight. If Healy and Wright can hold their own there then Leinster have a big chance. Whittaker is going to be a massive player on Saturday. If he can get the ball away from the breakdown as quickly as he did against Munster then I'd fancy Leinster to shade it. If he's as slow and ponderous as he was in some of the earlier rounds though it'll be a long afternoon.

It'd be great for Irish rugby to see Leinster do it but as a Kildareman I'd also be delighted for Geordan Murphy to lift the cup as captain. He's shipped a lot of unecessary criticism from certain Irish rugby "supporters" over the last few years.

Is Ellistown's Johne Murphy going to be fit for the final? He was taken off in the Guinness Final last weekend
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Tankie

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 20, 2009, 12:58:15 AM
If Munster were in the final there would be no shortage of takers for those tickets I would say, there were even some returned by Leicester.

Shame they aint good enough to be in the final then, but the bandwagon can keep their money for next years final now  ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Canalman

Pretty poor outward displays of support evident for the team in or around Dublin. The odd car with a flag and I have seen only one house with a flag outside (a house between Kilteel and Eadestown). Some pubs have flags flying though.

Anyway, while not a rugby person I wish them well, especially the lads with GAA backgrounds. Only realized last week that I have been at 5 Leinster games at the RDS over the last 2 seasons (mate has season tickets) , all Magner lgue games.The Leinster supporters from what I see are a decent bunch, if a bit reserved in displaying their support.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gnevin on May 19, 2009, 11:31:39 PM
Lad's I've 3 spare tickets  1 on it's own and 2 beside each other  , anyone interested?

WTF?

Gnevin

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 20, 2009, 09:27:26 AM

WTF?
Had someone for them but they pulled out and could of off loaded them several times before. >:( >:( >:(
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Gnevin on May 20, 2009, 10:48:05 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 20, 2009, 09:27:26 AM

WTF?
Had someone for them but they pulled out and could of off loaded them several times before. >:( >:( >:(

Any takers yet..........not interested just asking.

thebandit

Quinlan's appeal stands.......

Halfpenny is out too

Tankie

Quote from: thebandit on May 20, 2009, 06:33:51 PM
Quinlan's appeal stands.......

Halfpenny is out too

Halfpenny will join up in two weeks though. feel sorry for Quinlan but he got the correct sentance!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Dinny Breen

Really disappointed that I can't make it but I had my stag in Madrid last weekend and another stag two weeks ago so absolutely smashed and honestly didn't expect Leinster to make the final.

Enjoy the trip lads.....

Delighted Johne (John Edward in case any of you were wonder where he got the name from) Murphy is available for selection and he should play even he did play midfield for Ellistown but we both played rugby at the same club so hopefully he plays well on a losing side. Nice Kildare connection in the final with the 2 Murphy's and Heaslip definitely involved and maybe Devin Toner and Fergus McFadden as well.

Musings and predictions on game tomorrow when teams are announced.
#newbridgeornowhere

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!