The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiKe

Filthy altogether from Quinlan. Maybe I'm being a bit cynical but thought that is precisely why he was being picked for the Lions - abrasive, confrontational and not afraid to "mix it".

stephenite

Quote from: CiKe on May 03, 2009, 10:58:05 AM
Filthy altogether from Quinlan. Maybe I'm being a bit cynical but thought that is precisely why he was being picked for the Lions - abrasive, confrontational and not afraid to "mix it".

There is a difference between being confrontational and trying to take someones eye out!!

You're right though - he just got caught

anglocelt39

Low act by Quinlan. Let him off on the Lions tour. he'll be no more than a midweek dirtracker at any rate. There will be plenty of Yarpies willing to accommodate that sort of carry on if he wants to try it in the Free State Stadium in Bloemfontein on at cold Wednesday night.

Not a huge follower of the egg shaped ball game but happy with yesterdays result particularly for players like Cullen and O'Kelly who've had to put up with a fair bit over the past few years. This whole Munster thing was starting to turn into a small bit of a bandwagon scene and get a small bit tiresome. Say the Boks management wouldn't be too concerned at what they saw yesterday, will be looking forward to targeting O'Gara I would imagine.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Barney

A fantastic occasion and wonderful win by Leinster.

The weight of criticism which the Leinster players had to take the past few weeks clearly had to inspire them. There was never any doubt about their individual abilities. As a Mayo supporter I can see that their big task is now going to be to finish the job, otherwise yesterday is worthless.

The Munster bandwagon really did get out of control, the assumption of an easy win, mainly coming from those new to the oval ball game may have got in on the players. It seems Leinster have focused their minds for this season on getting to the knock-out stages and gearing their whole preparation around Heiniken Cup games rather than giving any real focus to the Magners League.

Dubh driocht

Good hard game.
Quote from: Roger on May 03, 2009, 01:27:45 AM

Btw where did all the flags in the stands come from, were they giving them away or are flags normal in Leinster/Munster now. Very colourful and looked a great day out.

The flags were given out and left on seats - presumably by ERC.What do youse think about the GAA doing something similar ?

INDIANA

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 03, 2009, 11:36:51 AM
Low act by Quinlan. Let him off on the Lions tour. he'll be no more than a midweek dirtracker at any rate. There will be plenty of Yarpies willing to accommodate that sort of carry on if he wants to try it in the Free State Stadium in Bloemfontein on at cold Wednesday night.

Not a huge follower of the egg shaped ball game but happy with yesterdays result particularly for players like Cullen and O'Kelly who've had to put up with a fair bit over the past few years. This whole Munster thing was starting to turn into a small bit of a bandwagon scene and get a small bit tiresome. Say the Boks management wouldn't be too concerned at what they saw yesterday, will be looking forward to targeting O'Gara I would imagine.

would echo all that. Well put. I'll be hoping Leinster do it- not because of some of the ROK tossers that follow them but I'd like to see BOD win a HEC .We'll never see his like again.

orangeman

Did Quinlan gouge ?? Is there a difference between attempting and actually doing it ??

It's like the joke I heard recently about the boy going to the confessions. Rubbing round it was the same as putting it in.

fred the red

any one any links for todays game?

Gnevin

2nd period of extra time . 26 -26 each .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

mountainboii

I hope it goes to kicks here, I don't think I've ever seen that before  :P

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

magickingdom

that was very exciting, what a cruel way to lose but very exciting.

orangeman

What a horrible, silly way to decide a game of such importance.

tyroneboi

Quote from: orangeman on May 03, 2009, 05:45:56 PM
What a horrible, silly way to decide a game of such importance.

As silly as penalties in football?

Thought that was a class ending to a great match. The tension with the kicks was unreal. Leicester are of the same breeding as Munster and should make for a cracking final though with Leicester possibly having 2 big games (definitely 1 anyway) before the final it could be advantage Leinster.

Capt Pat

A poor way for a game of rugby to end. They need to rweak it a bit. The forwards shouldn't be taking kicks. They should be movng the ball back 10 yards and letting the first 5 kickers go again. kicking is simply not part of the skill set of rugby forwards in general, some of them have never kicked a ball in their lfe and would fall over in the attempt due to lack of balance, I have seen it happen on the rugby field.