The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Will be on the Hill today cheering on the team in blue - nothing new there - just hope for a different result than I'm used to in semi finals!!!

Tankie

Quote from: Declan on May 02, 2009, 11:19:01 AM
Will be on the Hill today cheering on the team in blue - nothing new there - just hope for a different result than I'm used to in semi finals!!!

i'll second that!!!!!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

gawa316

Who has coverage of the game...Skysports?

Gnevin

Quote from: muppet on May 02, 2009, 10:01:06 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 02, 2009, 09:51:49 AM
Who, as a Longford man with a Cork mammy, should I cheer for? I have no inherent grá for Leinster yet I am 'from' there.

I like the Munster set up and, while there may be a few bandwagoners aboard, I find their supporters top class.

Feck it. I'll cheer on both teams cos the winnner of this will win the Heino, roysh!

I think people are mixing up their sports here.

Gaa is about where you're from.

Rugby is about who you identify with.

Soccer is about who was good when you were 7.

Rugby is about where your from . I don't see how it's any different to GAA some lads like to pretend it is as they are bandwagon Jumpers. Something you lot love spouting one about during the summer
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

muppet

Quote from: Gnevin on May 02, 2009, 12:25:37 PM
Who, as a Longford man with a Cork mammy, should I cheer for? I have no inherent grá for Leinster yet I am 'from' there.

I like the Munster set up and, while there may be a few bandwagoners aboard, I find their supporters top class.

Feck it. I'll cheer on both teams cos the winnner of this will win the Heino, roysh!

Rugby is about where your from . I don't see how it's any different to GAA some lads like to pretend it is as they are bandwagon Jumpers. Something you lot love spouting one about during the summer

Nacewa, Van Der Linde, Jowitt, Whittaker, Wright, Contepomi and Elsom might disagree.
MWWSI 2017

gawa316

Have to agree with that, what ever province you're from is the one you should support, hence I support Ulster.

Still don't know who I want to win todays game though. On the one hand I want Leinster to win cause they haven't won it yet and are underdogs but on the hand want Munster to win it back to back to prove there greatness. Whoever does win though I definitely be supporting them in the final. Would love to see either team stick it up to Leicester

Gnevin

Quote from: muppet on May 02, 2009, 12:34:23 PM

Nacewa, Van Der Linde, Jowitt, Whittaker, Wright, Contepomi and Elsom might disagree.

The Dublin Hurling and Football teams have plenty example of non navies playing for them . The Core of the team is Leinster .

Tankie

Well the time is now, i'm heading off to the game, enjoy the game everybody!

I am shitting it!!!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 02, 2009, 10:04:37 AM
In fairness, I think Leinster Rugby *now* is a different animal, and i would expect most newbies from Leinster, or at least the eastern part of Leinster, to be able to identify with the Leinster brand now, much moreso than 10 years ago say.
That type of description has become common parlance now, so common that no one bats an eye towards its use, that fills up my sick bucket.
But I'd have to admit that they have been very good at managing the Leinster thing, can't argue with the quality on offer and imo a welcome influx of some superb players.

I suppose I'll make the sacrifice today and block out all sports news until RTE show the game.
Roll on Ryle,
'For he today that sheds his blood with me....'

gawa316

Anyone got a decent link to the game?

milltown row

screenexile

Leinster doing rightly but god Jackman is an awful lineout thrower. It could cost them! Good kick from the Doc as well.

Hotrocks