The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Quote from: Roger on May 01, 2009, 10:56:07 PM
Quote from: fred the red on May 01, 2009, 10:51:35 PM
thankfully, i dont know you.
My loss then  ::)

QuoteYou said that you know 'no one here' wants munster to win. obviously theres loads in ulster that want munster to win.
I'm fairly involved in rugby circles and that is the case here.  I'm sure there are people who want Munster to win apart from my dad, but I just don't know them.

awwww so what you meant was that you know of no one here who wants munster to wn, rather than you know no one here who wants  munster to win.

you should make yourself clearer in future  :-*

up Unster  ;)

Roger

Quote from: fred the red on May 01, 2009, 10:59:31 PM
awwww so what you meant was that you know of no one here who wants munster to wn, rather than you know no one here who wants  munster to win.
To me it means the same.  What a difference a 2-letter word can make to some people. 

Quoteup Unster  ;)
:D

Have to say I've never heard of these terms like Lunster etc. 

Is an Unster a support of both tomorrow??

fred the red

Quote from: Roger on May 01, 2009, 11:03:03 PM
Quote from: fred the red on May 01, 2009, 10:59:31 PM
To me it means the same.  What a difference a 2-letter word can make to some people. 

Quoteup Unster  ;)
:D

Have to say I've never heard of these terms like Lunster etc. 

Is an Unster a support of both tomorrow??

Some people need edumacated.

Hoof Hearted

on sunday i will be supporting Cardiff, for the simple reason that Leicester are winners, been there done that. If i wasnt from Ireland, i wouldnt be a big Munster fan either. Roger, i can understand Ulster Rugby supporters supporting Leinster tomorrow, but if Munster play Leicester/ Cardiff in the final, will you back Leicester/ Cardiff ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Roger

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 01, 2009, 11:07:37 PM
on sunday i will be supporting Cardiff, for the simple reason that Leicester are winners, been there done that. If i wasnt from Ireland, i wouldnt be a big Munster fan either. Roger, i can understand Ulster Rugby supporters supporting Leinster tomorrow, but if Munster play Leicester/ Cardiff in the final, will you back Leicester/ Cardiff ?
If it was Leicester I'd want Munster to win.  If it was Cardiff, I'd be indifferent.  Before the break-up of the provincial set-up, as I see it, I'd have supported Munster. Too many foreigners and stuff these days and the professional game has diluted the Irishness of these teams.  Don't draw any big Political conclusions about that, since 1999 I haven't really supported Ulster either.  I am a season ticket holder at Ravenhill but I don't really care if the team wins too much, it's just a good night out.  Tbh I support Ireland, I take an interest in clubs if it's a good game.   

Hoof Hearted

it has been interesting reading the rugby threads on this board over the last year or two. I thought that the bitchiness and bitterness that exists in soccer and GAA didnt exist in rugby. No matter, im not involved with any club or province, i just love the game and cant wait until Edinburgh 23rd May, i will be in Murrayfield with a Leinster or Munster scarf around my neck ! At this stage i dont care which

Roger

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 01, 2009, 11:29:36 PM
it has been interesting reading the rugby threads on this board over the last year or two. I thought that the bitchiness and bitterness that exists in soccer and GAA didnt exist in rugby. No matter, im not involved with any club or province, i just love the game and cant wait until Edinburgh 23rd May, i will be in Murrayfield with a Leinster or Munster scarf around my neck ! At this stage i dont care which
I don't think it does exist.  There is no bitchiness or bitterness from me.  Only slight preference as I like Cardiff.  I'm happy enough whoever wins.  My support for all Irish provincial teams has simply been diluted since the provincial sides went professional. If you have a good day out in Endinburgh and enjoy a good game, it's a good day for the sport as far as I'm concerned.

Hoof Hearted

wasnt referring to you lad, was referring to the likes of people who support another province instead of their own and things like that for a change the bitterness doesnt totally refer to us up here  :D

Tankie

Well lads its been a good laugh chatting about the game and having the bit of banter, hope everyone enjoys the game tomorrow and for the lads coming up from the country have safe trip.

C'mon Leinster!!!!!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

I woke up with a seriously bad feeling about this game. I'm having visions of the Doc having a big game, and Leinster lads talking about how great it is to beat a fantastic team like Munster, and now they need to go on and win the final.  Jaysus.

Anyway, I have faith that Munster will be ready, and will not be any way complacent. I have faith they will, as always, give 100%, which is all we can ask of them.

They might play badly, or Leinster might play brilliantly, and Leinster may well win. If they do, i won't begrudge them one iota, although it will be an awful sickener. I would then obviously hope Leinster go on and win it out.

But I think Munster are big enough and good enough to beat Leinster most days, and I hope today is one of them.

Cuige Mumhan Abú

Stand up and Fight

Shamrock Shore

Who, as a Longford man with a Cork mammy, should I cheer for? I have no inherent grá for Leinster yet I am 'from' there.

I like the Munster set up and, while there may be a few bandwagoners aboard, I find their supporters top class.

Feck it. I'll cheer on both teams cos the winnner of this will win the Heino, roysh!

muppet

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 02, 2009, 09:51:49 AM
Who, as a Longford man with a Cork mammy, should I cheer for? I have no inherent grá for Leinster yet I am 'from' there.

I like the Munster set up and, while there may be a few bandwagoners aboard, I find their supporters top class.

Feck it. I'll cheer on both teams cos the winnner of this will win the Heino, roysh!

I think people are mixing up their sports here.

Gaa is about where you're from.

Rugby is about who you identify with.

Soccer is about who was good when you were 7.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on May 02, 2009, 10:01:06 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 02, 2009, 09:51:49 AM

I think people are mixing up their sports here.

Gaa is about where you're from.

Rugby is about who you identify with.

Soccer is about who was good when you were 7.

Is there an applause smiley here?

In fairness, I think Leinster Rugby *now* is a different animal, and i would expect most newbies from Leinster, or at least the eastern part of Leinster, to be able to identify with the Leinster brand now, much moreso than 10 years ago say.

Tankie

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 02, 2009, 09:37:54 AM
I woke up with a seriously bad feeling about this game. I'm having visions of the Doc having a big game, and Leinster lads talking about how great it is to beat a fantastic team like Munster, and now they need to go on and win the final.  Jaysus.

Anyway, I have faith that Munster will be ready, and will not be any way complacent. I have faith they will, as always, give 100%, which is all we can ask of them.

They might play badly, or Leinster might play brilliantly, and Leinster may well win. If they do, i won't begrudge them one iota, although it will be an awful sickener. I would then obviously hope Leinster go on and win it out.

But I think Munster are big enough and good enough to beat Leinster most days, and I hope today is one of them.

Cuige Mumhan Abú

Stand up and Fight

I had a poor sleep lastnight, woke up at 7.20am thinking about the game with alot of mixed feelings. Could this be our day? i feel sick in the stomach at the mo...
Grand Slam Saturday!