The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Ya, they had all the county flags up
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

Most of the English teams have been shite this year. Leicester were getting beat early on against the Italians  Aironi
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Gabriel_Hurl

Some performance from Munster  :o

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 21, 2012, 07:45:26 PM
Some performance from Munster  :o

You could argue that the Saints had to nothing to play for but the Munster Forwards in particularly their back-row were rampant - superb 2nd half performance. Munster and Leinster 1 and 2, wonder who Ulster would prefer, probably Munster I'd say.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Would the Saints not still have been playing to get in the Challenge Cup? Even still they have more pride than to concede 50 pts at home in the HC.

Great weekend for Irish Rugby all 4 provinces doing themselves and supporters proud. I'm not sure how the permutations work but will it be Ulster v Leinster in the QF and will that be in the Aviva? Ferris v O'Brien will be an intriguing battle!!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: screenexile on January 21, 2012, 08:26:06 PM
Would the Saints not still have been playing to get in the Challenge Cup? Even still they have more pride than to concede 50 pts at home in the HC.

Great weekend for Irish Rugby all 4 provinces doing themselves and supporters proud. I'm not sure how the permutations work but will it be Ulster v Leinster in the QF and will that be in the Aviva? Ferris v O'Brien will be an intriguing battle!!

It will depend on the semi-final draw, if Leinster/Ulster (if it ends up like that) quarter is drawn at home then the quarter-final game will be at the RDS if away then they will probably play it at the Aviva.
#newbridgeornowhere

Capt Pat

:)
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 21, 2012, 08:51:20 PM

It will depend on the semi-final draw, if Leinster/Ulster (if it ends up like that) quarter is drawn at home then the quarter-final game will be at the RDS if away then they will probably play it at the Aviva.

It would be poor form to have it in the RDS with the likely demand. Surely they could have it in the Aviva ir even Croker.

Hoof Hearted

just finished watching Munster game - what a game and what a team !

Im going this year again to the final, 4th in 5 years, so  far ive seen 2 Leinster wins (09, 11) and Munster (08).

Hopefully another Irish win in 2012, chances are good at the minuute. Lets hope for an injury free 6N
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Geoff Tipps

Would be in the Aviva either way. Played Leicester last year in the qf in the Aviva. Would make no sense not to do same for Ulster.

barelegs

You'd have to expect it'll be Munster v Ulster in Thomond Park.

If things go to plan tomorrow (a bit of a dangerous assumption I know) both Cardiff and Edinburgh would be expected to get wins against Racing Metro and London Irish who have nothing to play for.

If that is the case, it'll mean Ulster are the 8th seed and face Munster away in April.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 21, 2012, 09:52:51 PM

Would be in the Aviva either way. Played Leicester last year in the qf in the Aviva. Would make no sense not to do same for Ulster.

Yea sorry was thinking that Leinster had to play a certain number of games in the RDS, this game is outside that commercial arrangement so it will be in the Aviva.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

1/4 final weekend is 6/7/8/April - aka Good Fri Holy Sat and Easter Sun. The publicans will be hopeful Limerick and dublin avoid the Fri night slot - a big brown envelope to sky perhaps ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Declan

Munster v Ulster winners at home in semi. Tough draw for Leinster away to Saracens or Clermont if they beat Cardiff in quarters

whitegoodman

It set up for a Leinster Munster final.

Think Ulster would have preferred going to Munster rather than Leinster even taking fortress Thomand into consideration.  Yesterdays performance from Munster was very impressive but Ulster will fancy their chances of causing the upset and will have nothing to lose.  Think they will come up just short but should be a good tustle.

If Leinster and Clermount get through it will be some game between the two in the semi over in France.  That being said Saracens away is a difficult game for Clermount and they could be easily beaten there. 

You still gotta fancy Leinster to go all the way though.