The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

not really sure about the rules and dont have sound, but surely grabbing someone round the neck and dragging them down like that deserved more that a free?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Carmen Stateside

They claimed it was accidental I think.
Ulster look good, going by the commentators this shouldn't be happening.

Carmen Stateside

Square Ball

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 13, 2012, 09:40:24 PM
Sweet chariot ?
sweet mother of god, another try. were Ulster not supposed to win this?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Square Ball on January 13, 2012, 09:42:56 PM
Sweet chariot ?

A friday night at Ravenhill is supposed to be legendary - in other words they rarely lose, but Leicester are one of the best teams in England !! Shows how the tides have turned in recent years, when the SUPPOSEDLY 3rd best team in Ireland have hammered them !!

Would be some achievement to qualify top from a group with Leicester and Clermont

Right enough, what the f**k is Sweet Chatiot all about.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Carmen Stateside

Commentators maybe a little bias. " terrible night for English rugby"

Square Ball

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 13, 2012, 09:46:48 PM
Sweet chariot ?

A friday night at Ravenhill is supposed to be legendary - in other words they rarely lose, but Leicester are one of the best teams in England !! Shows how the tides have turned in recent years, when the SUPPOSEDLY 3rd best team in Ireland have hammered them !!

Would be some achievement to qualify top from a group with Leicester and Clermont
I am only about 15 minutes walk from it and can hear the roars from the front door but have never been to a match in it.

ONeill

Quote from: Square Ball on January 13, 2012, 09:49:46 PM

I am only about 15 minutes walk from it and can hear the roars from the front door but have never been to a match in it.

Might just be an angry badger looking in.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 13, 2012, 09:46:48 PM
Sweet chariot ?

Well go and make judgement for yourself, I went during the holidays and it was a great night. Good game and Ulster played well. I think they just didn't think Ulster would have played as well in fairness and they were caught on the hop.

The stance by the IRFU with the internationals not playing certain games have paid off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

upmonaghansayswe

Sweet chariot ?

Heard a story on the wireless this morning about Ulster fans singing this.. When they beat Leicester in 04 (year after England won the WC), Martin Johnson came on as a sub, so the Ulster fans changed the lyrics of Sweet Chariot to "coming for to carry you home!"..
Thought it was a clever one myself!..

Dinny Breen

Wow! That was some performance from Ulster - Tuohy, Henry, Trimble - put their hands up to Declan Kidney plus Ferris and Best are nailed on to start for Ireland. Irish rugby still riding high...
#newbridgeornowhere

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ONeill on January 13, 2012, 09:57:21 PM

Might just be an angry badger looking in.

:D

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

whitegoodman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 13, 2012, 10:00:34 PM
Wow! That was some performance from Ulster - Tuohy, Henry, Trimble - put their hands up to Declan Kidney plus Ferris and Best are nailed on to start for Ireland. Irish rugby still riding high...

Id say Cave also put his hand up for what is a problem position.

Henry could be a very good bench option as he can play anywhere across the backrow whereas O Mahony and Jennings cant.

Great result for Ulster but they are always formidable at home and will need to back it up in France next week if they are to move to the next level.  A bonus point defeat could see them through, even as a best runners up.

Dubh driocht

Was at the game and Ulster were up for it from the off, I wasn't sure about Pienaar last year but he has assumed the David Humphreys role to make them tick - Ian Humprhreys was also good but the forwards stole the show- destroyed the famous Leicester front-row-especially Afoa and Mueller as well as what has come to be a regular master-class from Ferris. Could do a job for us at FB atSt Tiernach's Park on Sunday to allow Dan forward,
Swing Low was a piss-take at how far the former English Greats have fallen- without Geordan Murphy they had no balls.