Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: illdecide on May 19, 2009, 09:49:09 AM
Jasus lads i forgot about that extra time...Sorry. In that case it'll be a draw in both normal time and extra time then illdecide who wins it...lol

You being somewhat indecisive there illdecide?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

If Davey doesn't make it who will play left half back?

Anyone got any other team news like how's Justin and do you think he's wasted at Full back or is he our long term solution to this position?

uselessfootballer

If there is no Davy Harte that will leave space for Sean O Neil to make his championship debut and Davy might have a struggle to get the shirt back.

EC Unique

Quote from: uselessfootballer on May 19, 2009, 11:07:20 AM
If there is no Davy Harte that will leave space for Sean O Neil to make his championship debut and Davy might have a struggle to get the shirt back.

A fit Davey Harte would be one of the first names on the team sheet. He has been one of the most consistant players Tyrone has had in the last 3 seasons. As well as being an excellent defender he always pops up with a point or two. He will get the shirt any time he wants it. ;)

uselessfootballer

My comment was no reflection on Davy Harte who I agree has been one of the most consistent performers over the last few seasons.
I simply think that when Sean O Neill gets the chance to establish himself (and Davy's injury miy give him that chance) he may then prove hard to leave out.

Fuzzman

I must say I'm glad to say I was wrong about Davey in the past & he proved last year how good a half back he is.

I used to say he was too slow and often went backwards but his goal against the Dubs last year shows how he has came on as he had to still beat two men and then the keeper.

Will be interesting to see how Collie McCullagh does this year as a lot of teams will be wise to him this year and will probably mark him a lot closer as he usually roams around the field. I don't think he plays as well when marked by a robust defender but he is deadly accurate as he showed in that Dublin NFL game this year as he competed with Stevie for the score of the game.

amigo

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 19, 2009, 11:04:56 AM

Anyone got any other team news like how's Justin and do you think he's wasted at Full back or is he our long term solution to this position?

Philip Jordan! He has been left half back for years!! ;)

Goats Do Shave

Could free Ricey to the wing...

illdecide

It seems both teams will be without key players and will not be at full strength, considering Tyrone have not relied to much on their midfield over the last few years and Armagh struggling in midfield too then this game could be evenly balanced (which is why i went for a draw earlier), i think the bookies have got the betting slightly wrong
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The GAA

Any word of Armagh v Leitrim from saturday? starting team there should probably be close to the tyrone one?

longball

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 19, 2009, 11:52:51 AM

Could free Ricey to the wing...

Possibly Sean ONeill but i think Harte will be fit...
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Fear ón Srath Bán

From that irreproachable e-organ of truth, the Hoganstand:

Harte allays O'Neill fears

Mickey Harte still believes Stephen O'Neill can play a part in Tyrone's Ulster SFC opener against Armagh on Sunday week, despite the star forward's failure to finish a club game at the weekend.

The former Footballer of the Year scored 2-2 for Clann na nGael in his first club appearance of the season against Killyman, but Harte pointed out that he was taken off as a precaution, and that he had not aggravated his long-standing knee injury.

"Stevie came off five or 10 minutes from the end, but it was a precaution more than anything else," the Tyrone manager said. "I haven't spoken to him yet, but I don't believe it was anything too sinister. I'm hoping that anyway."

Tyrone captain Brian Dooher also played in the Division 2 league game, but Harte refused to say if he would be fit enough to face the Orchard County."It is hard to know with Brian, he'd play when another man wouldn't play, and sometimes you don't know what the impact is.

"I like to give him some time because it can be 24 hours before you know what the effect is."
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

Bang and the Ulster championship is on for Tyrone and Armagh.  What a couple they made, how they danced and filled Croke Park during halycon days in 2002,3 and 2005 but is the duos romantic antics over?  Does the Armagh squad now pay mere lipservice to an era when orangemen lived among the proudest 3 teams of the decade?  Now a once tight panel is bursting through the seams, Bellew, Mc Grane have old sagged away, and the repair work just simply isnt the same or is hiding a few old cracks.  The orange one certainly looks like she needs a bit more than Peter O Donnells finest makeover.  70 minutes later and bang its over and if on Sunday week, its over for Armagh by points and performance, then the dancins surely over for one half of that glorious Ulster couple.  Its not sexy young Tyronemens fault - the auld orange faced bitch just got too damned ugly.   

Sandy Hill

Quote from: rrhf on May 19, 2009, 07:25:40 PM
Bang and the Ulster championship is on for Tyrone and Armagh.  What a couple they made, how they danced and filled Croke Park during halycon days in 2002,3 and 2005 but is the duos romantic antics over?  Does the Armagh squad now pay mere lipservice to an era when orangemen lived among the proudest 3 teams of the decade?  Now a once tight panel is bursting through the seams, Bellew, Mc Grane have old sagged away, and the repair work just simply isnt the same or is hiding a few old cracks.  The orange one certainly looks like she needs a bit more than Peter O Donnells finest makeover.  70 minutes later and bang its over and if on Sunday week, its over for Armagh by points and performance, then the dancins surely over for one half of that glorious Ulster couple.  Its not sexy young Tyronemens fault - the auld orange faced bitch just got too damned ugly.   

??? ??? ??? ???
"Stercus accidit"

omagh_gael

Quote from: rrhf on May 19, 2009, 07:25:40 PM

2 things...

1) Who's shooting?

2) Are u on drugs?   :o ??? :o