Patrick Kielty and A Night in November

Started by Main Street, September 27, 2008, 08:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

On the contrary, some of the IFA players, including the Sunderland substitute (surely this guy should be close to qualifying for the Guinness Book of Records in terms of the number of times he's been a Premier League Substitute) David Healy, have positively drooled about the prospect of playing at Croker.

It must never happen and any suggestion of it happening must be challenged forthwith, for the reasons I have previously articulated. >:(

fred the red

Quote from: T Fearon on October 02, 2008, 12:54:00 PM
On the contrary, some of the IFA players, including the Sunderland substitute (surely this guy should be close to qualifying for the Guinness Book of Records in terms of the number of times he's been a Premier League Substitute) David Healy, have positively drooled about the prospect of playing at Croker.

It must never happen and any suggestion of it happening must be challenged forthwith, for the reasons I have previously articulated. >:(

Na tony most of his time on the sub bench has been in the lower leagues!  :D

T Fearon

Fred :D

Then he qualifies for multiple entries into the Guinness Book of Records :D

fred the red

Hes probably got a splinter from every league ground in england!

T Fearon

He gets more splinters from the various grounds than goals anyway

iluvni

Quote from: T Fearon on October 02, 2008, 12:54:00 PM

Typical bigoted hatred coming from the same man who only a few months back was calling in the media for 'united' team to face Brazil at Croke Park. If the greatest  goalscorer in Irish football history wouldnt be  welcome there under your terms, who would be?

his holiness nb

From the man who comes on claiming the GAA wouldnt have NI in their stadium when they have already given this the green light for this to happen, then tried to presume we all found GSTQ "hard to swallow" when played in CP.

Mock Tony all you want, you are just as bad.
Ask me holy bollix

fred the red

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 02, 2008, 02:06:07 PM
From the man who comes on claiming the GAA wouldnt have NI in their stadium when they have already given this the green light for this to happen, then tried to presume we all found GSTQ "hard to swallow" when played in CP.

Some would say worse! at least tony is on the wind up most of the time

Main Street

Quote from: haranguerer on October 02, 2008, 08:44:59 AM
Quote from: MW on October 01, 2008, 11:48:39 PM
Also the narrative appears to suggest that 'accepting Irishness' for a Northern Irish Protestant means turning your back on your background (excuse the pun), sporting a Tricolour and supporting the Republic of Ireland.

I have to agree with this, thought it strange that kenny seemed to have an epiphany that he could be an 'Irishman' from Belfast(!!?) after all, didnt big Ian himself say recently he was proud to be an Irishman, and this clearly wasn't abandoning his own particular brand of culture....??
Ian is politician, another day he is British, the next day Northern Irish.

The play isn't about abandoning a culture, it is about a man losing his bigotry.
That's the freedom our hero experiences at the end in a bad News situation experienced away from his home.

In this fable, Windsor Park and New York were just 2 of the background locations,
he also had his family, his workplace, his attitudes to fellow catholics, his golf club.
The issue was his institutionalised bigotry, he turned his back on bigoted habits.
Traveling Air Lingus broadened his mind, talking to people, experiencing people, getting an inkling for another culture
in another location all helped him expose his own bigotry to himself and set him up for losing it.

iluvni

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 02, 2008, 02:06:07 PM

I think from some of the responses to my questions, I was correct to assume there would be issues raised withing GAA circles about it.... as there were regarding GSTQ with England. Perhaps you prefer to ignore that or pretend questions werent raised but sure, thats up to you.
You defend Fearon as you wish.

his holiness nb

The GAA have democratically decided to allow NI to play in Croke park, get that into your head.

Some people might dissaprove, but thats all they can do, its a done deal if they draw each other for a game.

I cant see how you think saying you are "as bad as Tony" is defending him btw  ???
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

I am opposed to the appearance of this team in Croker simply because I do not wish for the hallowed environs to be used as a demonstration pad for unionist/loyalist triumphalism in the stands terraces and pitch (if Mr Healy is in a flute playing mood).

I have no objection against any individual attending Croke Park, regardless of their religious or political opinion, regardless of how distasteful that might be, to watch a GAA/Rugby or soccer game

iluvni

I'd like to have seen your confidence in the GAA's 'democratic decision' put to the test, yer holiness.

his holiness nb

Quote from: iluvni on October 02, 2008, 05:14:32 PM
I'd like to have seen your confidence in the GAA's 'democratic decision' put to the test, yer holiness.

Its not "confidence". the democratic decision has already been made!!  ::)

If the Republic have a competitive game against the North during the period of time in which the GAA allow them in as tennants, the GAA cannot stop them playing as they have already said yes to any home competitive game.

But dont let that stop you making shite up.
Ask me holy bollix

full back

Quote from: iluvni on October 02, 2008, 05:14:32 PM

Are you still talking sh1te?
Are you trying to say the rule would be changed if ROI played NI

If the 2 teams are to play each other & ROI are using CP then the game will be there.
Fearon might not like it, but that is the way it is
Holy fcuk, its like talking to a brick wall sometimes ::)