Hello new board- goodbye new board

Started by Bud Wiser, November 13, 2006, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

The first page of threads on what is supposed to be a GAA Discussion Board as opposed to free club websites reads as follows;
Ulster Club Championships, Ulster Club SFC, Donegal Club Jurling and Football, Down Club Hurling and Football, Tyrone Club Hurling and Football,Armagh Club Hurling and Football, Antrim Hurling and Football, Derry Club..... and on and on and on.

I thought the idea of the board was for general GAA Discussion.  Fair enough, the thread Ulster Club Championships makes sense but wht have we to suffer add ons like Ulster Club SFC and on and on.  I wouldn't mind only TG4 showed the Errigal Ciaran game yesterday and it was like watching paint dry.  Quite frankly I am sick of all the nordies taking over the board.

Spiritof98

Your argument would hold up if all the threads you mentioned were 1 page threads but this site get huges hits from the north, most if not all will go on to be 30 pagers.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Bud Wiser

It gets huge hits from the north because they are using it as a club website to talk about their own rubbish that has little or no interest to any of the rest of us.  I wouldn't mind if they had anything to talk about, they have one hurling county and the footballers are has - beens.

Star Spangler

Would you be complaining if there were Loais threads?  I doubt it!

Uladh

have you never been on a discussion board before?

read the threads relevent to you and avoid those that aren't. over half of the threads on this board i've never opened.

If there aren't enough people with electricity interested in gaelic games from your part of the world it isn't our problem.

Bud Wiser

There isn't a Laois thread because unlike the nordies, we know we have nothing to talk about at county level that would neccitate taking up the whole board.

full back

Good stuff Bud Weiser-I assume we wont be seeing you on the board again

thewobbler

Bud - please tell us what we should be talking about. I can't wait to find out.

You're quite the angry little sod these days.

botman

The nordies are gonna get ya!!

To the bat cave......

Keep them at it.

brokencrossbar1

Bud, fair enough about there being a lot of northern orientated threads.  there shouldn't be Ulster championship threads, but each county should have their own thread if they want. 

Take off your blinkers and look west young man, 3 threads from Mayo alone, the club football thread, the mayo manager thread(on and on and on and on) and now the Mayo Hurling thread.  FFS MAYO HURLING!!!

Now everyone is entitled to an opinion but this is taking the piss if you follow your logic.

SlimShady

you dont hear BC crying and he's a Cork man!!!

:P

ziggysego

Bud, calm yourself down.

We like football. We want to talk about football. This is, in part, a football websie. We talk about football here. What is the problem?

So we can't talk about club football.

Each county talk has one thread, never to expand!!

So, in theory, we can only have 63 threads. Or do hurlings and football talk go into one? Then that leaves only 31 threads.

Bit of a shit board ain't it.

Testing Accessibility

Small Pebble

Take it down from the mast....bud  Take it down!

SlimShady

small pebble, were you on the old board? what was your name? Thems big words for a girly  ;)

Kerry Mike

Now that we have this lovely new home how about setting up a bit of structure to the place.

How about a section just for clubs, you could have the GAA Discussion Board section for national GAA issues only with different sub sections for football and hurling if required, a club section with sub sections by province and county, and a Non GAA discussion section. It would give a better structure to our house and everone would find somewhere to browse and contribute if they wanted to. At the moment you open the front page and the majority of what you see is not interesting and its turning people away while we should in fact be trying to get more people involved.

Alot of other Discussion boards will have sub sections and then people wont get frustrated and not contribute at all if there is nothing to look at but the fortunes of some junior football team from some county that most people will not have any interest in.

We have lost alot of the excellent hurling chat for that reason.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football