The official Playstation 3 thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, September 05, 2008, 11:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 20, 2009, 11:29:47 AM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on April 20, 2009, 11:11:32 AM
Got Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 the other day.  Taking me time to get the hang of it, but enjoying it so far.

Its good alright.
Have you played online?

Thinking of getting it, are there any new courses in the '09 one/
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Galwaybhoy

Got Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 the other day.  Taking me time to get the hang of it, but enjoying it so far.

Its good alright.
Have you played online?

No I havnt yet, is it good online?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on April 20, 2009, 11:58:47 AM

Its good alright.
Have you played online?

No I havnt yet, is it good online?

Yeah not bad..
I have played a few times,you don't have to wait while the other player takes a shot it can all be done simultaneously
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Galwaybhoy

Yeah saw that alright, must give it a try, though I'll probably take a hammering when playing it online!

Minder, I don't know it there are any new courses in this one, as I haven't got a golf game in about four to five years before this one.  Maybe try Wiki.

Our Nail Loney

Is this a new Tiger Woods or the one that has been out for a few months?? I have that one but I can't get my head round the analogue controls, I much prefer the old three click systems.

Was playing Legends Of Wrestlemania there on Sat night with a carry out, good craic, especially the royal rumbles...

Buzz for money is also good, unless you lose of course.

Our Nail Loney

The new Fight Night looks very good, haven't got a good boxing game really for any console I have had but have heard the Fight Night series is good and this is to be the best

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235163/fight-night-round-4/images/fight-night-round-4-20090430115120334.html

thebigfella

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 06, 2009, 09:10:41 PM
The new Fight Night looks very good, haven't got a good boxing game really for any console I have had but have heard the Fight Night series is good and this is to be the best

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235163/fight-night-round-4/images/fight-night-round-4-20090430115120334.html

Round 3 is excellent, the controls made the game. Round 4 is continued with a different studio, if the keep the control format the same it should be good but I can't see that happening. I thought round 3 was as close to perfect you could make sports/boxing game.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 06, 2009, 11:50:20 PM
Have you finished GTA Nail?

Embarassingly no. Though it is due to me not playing it for the last two weeks! Though I played it there yesterday and discovered the cover button by accident so I am sorted for the last misions... I still rate it as the best game I have played, I just have been flat out with work and stuff lately to play it... Might do a mission or so now...

Our Nail Loney

Done about five missions there, up to 78.96% game progress so can't be much left. Some game, my playing time is over 50hours!

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 07, 2009, 12:13:58 AM

Embarassingly no. Though it is due to me not playing it for the last two weeks! Though I played it there yesterday and discovered the cover button by accident so I am sorted for the last misions... I still rate it as the best game I have played, I just have been flat out with work and stuff lately to play it... Might do a mission or so now...

GTA San Andreas is much better.  The missions in GTA 4 are all very similar and get boring after awhile.  Its a good game but I thought it would be better.

IMO MGS4 is the best game on the PS3.

Also cant wait for Fight Night Round 4 and the new Ghostbusters game  :-[

The Real Laoislad

I got bored with GTA 4 after a few missions and haven't bothered with it in months.
Maybe Im getting old  :-[ but I don't get the same kick out of playing the PS3 as I did the other two Playstations
GTA Vice City was the best game I ever played
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Galwaybhoy

Anyone play the new Res Evil game?  I remember buying Res Evil 4 for the PS2 when it came out and I didn't like it.  I hear the new one has taken the series down a more action road rather than the survival horror of the first few which is a disappointing for me as there are enough action games out.  I remember being in the Police Station with the eerie music on Resident Evil 2 on the PS1 on the edge of my seat with every step I took and door I opened waiting for something to make me jump.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 08, 2009, 05:03:28 PM
Anyone play the new Res Evil game?  I remember buying Res Evil 4 for the PS2 when it came out and I didn't like it.  I hear the new one has taken the series down a more action road rather than the survival horror of the first few which is a disappointing for me as there are enough action games out.  I remember being in the Police Station with the eerie music on Resident Evil 2 on the PS1 on the edge of my seat with every step I took and door I opened waiting for something to make me jump.

Resi 5 is good fun. Yeah it's more action orientated than the others in the series and not as scary. The control system is kinda old fashioned (can't move and shoot at the same time). It's pretty solid all the same. Co player is meant to be very good although I haven't used it yet. Probably the best looking game I've seen on either the PS3 or 360.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 08, 2009, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 08, 2009, 05:03:28 PM

Resi 5 is good fun. Yeah it's more action orientated than the others in the series and not as scary. The control system is kinda old fashioned (can't move and shoot at the same time). It's pretty solid all the same. Co player is meant to be very good although I haven't used it yet. Probably the best looking game I've seen on either the PS3 or 360.

Loved it on ps2 but played the demo (on 360) and the controls just put me off.  They're really sluggish or something and there's not enough ammo!! Really frustrating when it could be a great game only for a couple of simple things.

That's great going on GTA Nail, I dont think I'd have the patience.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?