The official Playstation 3 thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, September 05, 2008, 11:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Minder on February 19, 2009, 06:02:38 PM
Ordered COD 4 yesterday from Game for £19.99 and it came today,cant wait to get ripped into it.

The woman got me COD WAW there at xmas, I have only played it once for about ten mins, couldn't really get into it...

Minder

Ten minutes ? Cant say you didnt persevere with it! COD4 is supposed to be the best one
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Our Nail Loney

I was very hungover the day I was playing it which may have added to it...

I just didn' get it, what are you? A soldier just going about shooting people?? How do you know not to shoot your own men??!

Minder

I got COD 4 Game Of The Year edition last week, what is the difference in it and the ordinary game?

thebigfella

Quote from: Minder on February 26, 2009, 03:26:30 PM
I got COD 4 Game Of The Year edition last week, what is the difference in it and the ordinary game?

You get the online map expansion pack for free. If you had the original you had to download it at an extra cost.

Minder

Quote from: thebigfella on February 26, 2009, 03:45:37 PM

You get the online map expansion pack for free. If you had the original you had to download it at an extra cost.

Oh right, i have already started playing the actual game, when i put in the code does it lenghten the game or is it only for online play?

girt_giggler

COD4 any good? ive only got COD5 which was good but a little on the easy side, with a very disappointing ending

thebigfella

Quote from: Minder on February 26, 2009, 03:47:00 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on February 26, 2009, 03:45:37 PM

Oh right, i have already started playing the actual game, when i put in the code does it lenghten the game or is it only for online play?

It's for online, allows you to play four extra maps in team deathmatch ect.... I think they are Broadcast, Creek, Chinatown and Killhouse(not available in team deathmatch).

Creek is a completely new map, complete bas**** when you start from the bottom of the map. The team starting on the high ground always wins.

new devil

Quote from: Minder on February 19, 2009, 06:02:38 PM
Ordered COD 4 yesterday from Game for £19.99 and it came today,cant wait to get ripped into it.

Tight drawers waitin 6months on a game to come down in price get a life!!!!

scud

Something has went wrong with the fan in my PS3, anyone else had this? The thing has went from silent to sounding like an xbox, not impressed.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: scud on April 06, 2009, 11:27:35 AM
Something has went wrong with the fan in my PS3, anyone else had this? The thing has went from silent to sounding like an xbox, not impressed.

Might be just some dirt or dust that got into it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

scud

Dust is a distinct possibility, cheers! Any tips on cleaning it out?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: scud on April 06, 2009, 05:25:45 PM
Dust is a distinct possibility, cheers! Any tips on cleaning it out?

You could just get a hoover and put it against the grille where the fan is.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Our Nail Loney

Sometimes if mine gets knocked off suddenly, like if I let other people play it and they just flick it off at the back without turning it off properly the next time I turn it on the fan is very very loud but then I just reset it...

I would give mine a hoover once a week or so if I am giving my bedroom a good clean out...

How do youse all set your PS3's then? I have mine standing as I (maybe stupidly) think that this would prevent it from over heating! Dunno if this is true or not...

Regarding games at the mo-I decided not to play any other games until I finish GTA4, I am currently at 66% and have completed most of the side missions so shouldn't be long now... Have to say its probably the best game I have played, I love it. My playing time is sitting at 46hours! Near two days, I have had it since November though...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 06, 2009, 10:32:40 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 06, 2009, 06:11:25 PM

I would give mine a hoover once a week or so if I am giving my bedroom a good clean out...

As if you would hoover your room Our Nail!!  :D

Have you got over me beating you in pro evo yet? You were in good form that day!!

Anyone got the new Legends of Wrestlemania game? Couldn't wait to get it, but slightly disappointed with it. Graphics, entrances, classic moments etc all good but playing the actual matches is very hard. Unless I'm just useless at it. All i seem to be able to do is punch him and thats all.

Its better having a hard game that will take you a while to get used to... Then think of the satisfaction when you crack it...

Played LOW last night properly for the first time, its good... Doing the Relive game mode, you go thru classic Wrestlemania matches and relive them, you have certain objectives to do to get points and thus unlock the next level... Last night I was Hulk Hogan fighting King Kong Bundy in a Steel Cage match with Bobby Heenan outside annoying me!! Good craic... The highlight reels with each match are great, cant wait to get the Stone Cold/Rock ones...