2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whacker

Quote from: ONeill on October 28, 2008, 01:52:06 PM
McEnaney must've gotten cold feet regarding the head scratching bet.

I wouldnt say his feet are too cold now out in Oz!

Off The Fence

Maybe some of you could help me out.  The other half has a weekend booked in Sligo for this weekend and were suppose to go  and visit friends in Donegal.  Was hoping to make it back to Casement for the game but not looking like it with the plans she has made!  How far is Ballinascreen from Ballybofey? Wouldnt mind seeing what Ballinderry have to offer if I cant get to see the Galls match.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Donegal Danny

Not as far as you might think head out of Ballybofey toward Lifford, pass Castlefin and then turn right and head into Clady, Co Tyrone, then take another right and pass through Glebe, then you come onto the main Strabane Omagh road, now head toward Newtownsteward, take a left in Newton and follow signs for Plumbridge, once in Plumbridge follow signs for Cranagh and Draperstown, the match is in Draperstown. From Ballybofey to Newtonsteward should only take 30 - 35 minutes, not sure from Newton to Screen but no more than 30 minutes i feel?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Donegal Danny on October 29, 2008, 02:29:42 PM
Not as far as you might think head out of Ballybofey toward Lifford, pass Castlefin and then turn right and head into Clady, Co Tyrone, then take another right and pass through Glebe, then you come onto the main Strabane Omagh road, now head toward Newtownsteward, take a left in Newton and follow signs for Plumbridge, once in Plumbridge follow signs for Cranagh and Draperstown, the match is in Draperstown. From Ballybofey to Newtonsteward should only take 30 - 35 minutes, not sure from Newton to Screen but no more than 30 minutes i feel?

Good luck finding this turn, was looking for it myself during the summer, no feckin signpost & was in Lifford before I realised what was going on...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Armagh4SamAgain

That game is moved to colisland an isnt in omagh anymore.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Zapatista

cusack og

An interesting weekend of Ulster Club games ahead

Clonoe v St Eunans at Coalisland - One might have thought that Clonoe's tough tackling, space reducing tactics would be well suited to the ulster club 'slog' but the circumstances they find themselves in arising from the dromore match along with little recovery time plays into st eunan's hands who employ a free-flowing attacking approach. 2 solid midefield pairings on show but with Conal Dunne, Rory Kavanagh and Devenney up front for st eunans the attacking edge is with the letterkenny boys.                                

Ballinderry v Latton at Ballinascreen - It would be a major surprise to see anything apart from a Ballinderry win here. They would appear to have too much ability all over the park for a Latton team who will rely heavily on free taking for a large proportion of their scores. Ballinderry will have class players to come off the bench if required to confirm a comfortable victory.

St Galls v Cavan Gaels at Casement Park - Hard to see Cavan Gaels overcoming St Galls who will have big aspirations of going all the way this year. St Galls have a winning mentality in the ulster club, something which is badly missing with Cavan Gaels.

so just for the record...going for wins for St Eunan's, Ballinderry and St Galls!

DoYerJob Linesman

What about the Shamrocks ye Bollix?
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

DoYerJob Linesman

DoYerJob Linesman

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2008, 11:34:29 PM
Where is the bucking match?

Dunno unfortunately, but the football game is in Ballinascreen.

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2008, 11:41:32 PM

Good luck Ballinderry. Do Tyrone proud.

Thank you, i'm sure the boys will try.   8)

DoYerJob Linesman

0-5 to 0-3, Ulster Final 2006.  Cheers.

Carmen Stateside

Good luck to Clonoe and Ballinderry tomorrow!
Hardstation you have to go to Clonoe game.  You could be there lucky charm!