Mayo v Kerry Minor AI Semi-Final

Started by Barney, August 19, 2008, 08:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Thats handy. The Mayos in Diblin will be able to get a train down. Anybody got a sea weather forecast cause the rest of us would be quicker by sea than driving down. Claregalway + Oranmore+ Gort take half hour each at least on a Saturday in my experience.

m@yoman

yeah, it's been moved to limerick alright........how that is halfway between kerry and mayo I'll never know...

>:(

hope the minors do it on saturday.....they hit some bad wides on sunday in croker, but they were by far the better team!

Barney

At least Ennis is by-passed now.

Wonder why it has been changed. Must have been a request from the Kerrys.

Not many of the Mayo lads will have played there.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: moysider on August 26, 2008, 11:20:49 PM

Thats handy. The Mayos in Diblin will be able to get a train down. Anybody got a sea weather forecast cause the rest of us would be quicker by sea than driving down. Claregalway + Oranmore+ Gort take half hour each at least on a Saturday in my experience.
No need to go through Oranmore village Moysider, take the auld bypass and you'll save yourself about 25mins  ;)

Best on luck to ye on Saturday.

Fenway

Limerick isnt 30 min from Kerry and its at least 2 hrs from Mayo  - God knows what it is from places like Crossmolina !
I'd love to know who in Mayo agreed to this daft idea ! >:(

Rossfan

Quote from: T Toatler on August 25, 2008, 08:45:04 AM
Tyrone .... only beat Roscommon by 7 ....
What sort of a ********** stupid comment is that ?? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
We were playing football in Roscommon before they even grew feet in Tyrone ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kerry Mike

QuoteLimerick isnt 30 min from Kerry

Yes but from some of the darkest spots of South Kerry its can be the guts of 3 hours to Limerick at times, Abbyfeale can be a hole to get through most times and Newcastlewest has had alot of traffic restrictions recently with the flooding.

Yerra ye Mayo lads dont get out much so it will good for ye to see a bit of the country  ;)

Kerry minor team named this evening

Kerry Minor team to play Mayo in ESB All Ireland Semi-Final Replay on Saturday 30th August 08 2008 is as follows:
1) Brian Kelly  (Legion)  2)  Padraig Reidy (Knocknagoshel)   3) Barry Shanahan  (Austin Stacks)  4) Fionn Fitzgerald  (Dr. Crokes)   5) Jonathan Lyne (Legion) 6) Jamie O'Sullivan  (Kilcummin) 7)  Maurice Hickey  (Castleisland Desmonds) 8) Colm Moriarty  (Dingle) CAPTAIN  9) Wayne Guthrie  (Austin Stacks)   10) Mike Tim O'Sullivan  (Tuosist) 11) Daithí Casey  (Dr. Crokes) 12) Colm O'Shea  (Firies) 13) James O'Donoghue (Legion)  14)  Barry John Walsh (Kerins O'Rahilly's)  15)  Cian Tobin (Spa)   

Fir Ionaid:  16) Shane O'Leary  (Currow)  17) Peter Crowley (Laune Rangers)  18) Paul Geaney   (Dingle)   19) Barry John Keane  (Kerins O'Rahilly's 20) John O'Mahony  (Firies)   21) Jack Sherwood  (Firies)   22) Niall O'Shea  (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) 23) Danny Wren (Tarbert)   24)  James Coffey  (Beaufort)
Manager: John Kennedy (Asdee) Selectors: Sean O'Leary (Currow) Liam Ó Rocháin (An Ghaeltacht) Paddy Creagh (Austin Stacks) and Brendan Donnelly (Waterville)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ríochtciarraí

Hopefully we'll get through the next day I can't see us being as bad again surely. Its a good team Mayo have too I was very impressed with their full back he was outstanding the last day. Hopefully BJ Walsh will have his measure now for the next day though. We need to improve in almost every position on the field from the last day though but I have n.o doubt they can do it as they are an extremely talented group of young lads. Best of luck and heres hoping

moysider

Only got a chance to watch a recording of the match tonight as I was away. Saw all the Connacht matches earlier and as readers of my thoughts on this team over the last few months know I like the cut of this lot. I ve also been looking at a lot of them for years and  know there is quality there. Regardless of whether they beat Kerry the next day or win an AI there are 6 or 7 potential seniors there. And thats what counts imo. But it would be nice to win.

I m delighted for Dempsey. Sure there are flaws but the lads try. I think he has them set up well, makes changes when things are nt going well for a fella and its noticable that some of the players have lost annoying bits in the last few months. Well done.

The next day is very much 50/50 with our fellas being probably better but we would find it difficult to concede a goal and win. Kerry did nt score a goal the last day but the usual flippant Mayo turnover presented them with at least 4 great opportunities to create one. I would be worried about that the next day.

I think Aodhan O Sé is way better than some of the hyped up individuals we hear from other counties and I ve not seen a better minor so far this year. Maybe Tyrone or Meath have one.

Unfortunately I dont know of anybody going to the replay yet. Apathy is endemic among us it seems. Its a work day as well and my attempts to get a car load together has come to naught so far. But you cant get a counties support to switch on and off.

We were a rabid football county. We were told to calm down. Too much hype and expectation. Now were being encouraged to get out and support our minors, and yes, they deserve every voice they can get because they re as honest and as worthy as any team we ve ever produced. Unfortunately that is not the way support goes. Its not on tap.

OirthearMhaigheo

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 27, 2008, 09:58:03 PM

Yes but from some of the darkest spots of South Kerry its can be the guts of 3 hours to Limerick at times, Abbyfeale can be a hole to get through most times and Newcastlewest has had alot of traffic restrictions recently with the flooding.

Get out of that Mike, for a start Mayo is bigger than Kerry so try driving from the top of the Erris region even down to south Mayo and you have a good 2 hour drive, never mind having to go through Galway and Clare aswell. At least we have good roads in Mayo though so they probably took that into account when considering your dirt tracks and thought they would give ye some chance to get there! ;D
crazy decision though and is only being played in Limerick to try and help justify that white elephant of a stadium. As has been pointed out they are an extremely honest group of players with no lack of talent and deserve the support of anyone that is free to head down to the county neighbouring kerry on Saturday.

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 27, 2008, 09:58:03 PM

Yerra ye Mayo lads dont get out much so it will good for ye to see a bit of the country  ;)
Ya but we don't like crossing the Shannon all that much, much nicer this side.     ;)

Kerry minor team named this evening

Kerry Minor team to play Mayo in ESB All Ireland Semi-Final Replay on Saturday 30th August 08 2008 is as follows:
1) Brian Kelly  (Legion)  2)  Padraig Reidy (Knocknagoshel)   3) Barry Shanahan  (Austin Stacks)  4) Fionn Fitzgerald  (Dr. Crokes)   5) Jonathan Lyne (Legion) 6) Jamie O'Sullivan  (Kilcummin) 7)  Maurice Hickey  (Castleisland Desmonds) 8) Colm Moriarty  (Dingle) CAPTAIN  9) Wayne Guthrie  (Austin Stacks)   10) Mike Tim O'Sullivan  (Tuosist) 11) Daithí Casey  (Dr. Crokes) 12) Colm O'Shea  (Firies) 13) James O'Donoghue (Legion)  14)  Barry John Walsh (Kerins O'Rahilly's)  15)  Cian Tobin (Spa)   

Fir Ionaid:  16) Shane O'Leary  (Currow)  17) Peter Crowley (Laune Rangers)  18) Paul Geaney   (Dingle)   19) Barry John Keane  (Kerins O'Rahilly's 20) John O'Mahony  (Firies)   21) Jack Sherwood  (Firies)   22) Niall O'Shea  (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) 23) Danny Wren (Tarbert)   24)  James Coffey  (Beaufort)
Manager: John Kennedy (Asdee) Selectors: Sean O'Leary (Currow) Liam Ó Rocháin (An Ghaeltacht) Paddy Creagh (Austin Stacks) and Brendan Donnelly (Waterville)

m@yoman

best of luck to the lads today!

hopefully they can do the business!

furboot

don't often see any much analysis of the minor championship in itself but i see on http://www.clubmayo.ie/201.php that both Kerry and Mayo have plenty to play for in todays match.
Both have proud traditions at minor level but Kerry (ranked no. 1 in minor titles) haven't won a title since 1994 and Mayo haven't won since 1985. Like their seniors Mayo have made it to a few finals but no silverware to show - hope the current crop can make amends and bridge that gap. interesting read......even has a look at how minor success is mapped to senior success....70%

AbbeySider

Its an eight point game. Near end of 1st half.
1-2 to 2-7.
Sounds like a great performance by Mayo so far and a great crowd have travelled down.
Im preying we can keep it up.

muppet

MWWSI 2017