Other than above
Scunthorpe Utd
Do not follow or Care!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hound on January 05, 2007, 01:59:34 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 05, 2007, 09:31:00 AM

and you have no 'facts' to back up your opinion that souness was not anti Irish

thats it in a nutshell
my opinions are down to the fact I cannot recall transfers at the time in or out.
Also that you rubbish my knowledge of liverpool FC by castigating my opinions on barnes and beardsley
the crux here is that I have a 'low level of knowledge you have about Liverpool FC '  ...
did you actually watch Liverpool from 1975 up until the introduction of barnes and beardsley?
they stuck out like a sore thumb at the time and again I recall discussing with a few liverpool fans at the time who agreed that they did not fit into the then traditional liverpool style (although everyone was happy when they were bought as they were good players elsewhere).
Shows you dont know hee-haw about liverpool or did not understand the club and its football prior to that Barnes and beardsley era.
Yer just a bandwagon jumper!
:D
I have totally backed up with facts that he was not anti-Irish while he managed Liverpool. He played Houghton for a whole season and didnt sell him until McManaman had established himself. Why would someone who was anti-Irish play an Irishman? Why did he play Whelan so much if he was anti-Irish?

In any event you are the one who alleged he was racist with no facts or evidence to back it up, and you have been beaten to a pulp in this argument!

Loser!

I don't for one minute believe you were a real Liverpool supporter. Perhaps a glory-hunting follower at one stage. But no true supporter would believe that Souness was anti-Irish, because they'd have the knowledge to know otherwise. And certainly no true supporter would give up being a fan just because they'd a crap manager for 2 and a half seasons.

The "sore thumb" bit is hilarious. I wish they'd a few more "sore thumbs" now.

Beardsley was the perfect successor to Dalglish. Obviously not quite as good, but the best around in that position at that time - created buckets of goals for Aldo just as Kenny had for Rushie. And Barnsey was a similar player to Steve Heighway, bombing down the left wing. Except Barnes was better at beating players and scored more goals. And funnily both only rarely produced their club form at international level.

mope sorry
cant accept that
I have no problem with you disagreeing on the barnes and beardsley thing but to say I wasnt a true supporter
well to wax lyrically about the liverpool team after that shows you were just a bandwagon jumper with no real clue about Livepool in the days when they were a real TEAM.

How can I pull out documented evidence on an opinion that was built up week by week wathing that idiot demolish all that was good about Lfc
you have given NO 'evidence' only circumstancial opinion - though with more names and so on that I have I'll grant you
but you have proved nothing.

I think theres a thread looking for your attention on the GAA discussion part - its looking for know alls  ::)

From the Bunker

The same was said of Ferguson when he let go of Moran, Stapleton and McGrath on his arrival in old Trafford.......Seems that the Irish Media clung to this kinda Sh1t at the time!

Long time dead

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 30, 2007, 09:36:07 PM
Any new sunderland fans ??? ??? ???

Surely all soccer fans only become a fan when the team has won / is about to win something - they they have been fans for decades.  :D :D :D :D

Orior

I watch soccer, and listen to the results, and monitor the tables. But as for uttering "we beat youse" no, that is kept for my county.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

Quote from: Long time dead on July 01, 2007, 05:44:37 PM
]
Any new sunderland fans ??? ??? ???

Something like 25,000 between last August and May of this year  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GweylTah

Quote from: Orior on July 01, 2007, 06:05:28 PM
I watch soccer, and listen to the results, and monitor the tables. But as for uttering "we beat youse" no, that is kept for my county.

Ah, the great Irish county - there's nothing like a great British invention.

Orior

Quote from: GweylTah on July 01, 2007, 09:36:36 PM

Surely you mean an english invention?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Orior on July 01, 2007, 10:31:32 PM
Quote from: GweylTah on July 01, 2007, 09:36:36 PM

Surely you mean an english invention?

Best damn thing the Brits ever did create Mayo, then there was, no thats the only good thing I can think of.  ;)

Smells of Monty Python Spirit

PadraicHenryPearse

Notts County - we are going up this year.

Rossfan

Surely you should be following Ross County PH ?  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mooncatiii

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 05, 2007, 02:27:15 PM

thats it in a nutshell
my opinions are down to the fact I cannot recall transfers at the time in or out.
Also that you rubbish my knowledge of liverpool FC by castigating my opinions on barnes and beardsley
the crux here is that I have a 'low level of knowledge you have about Liverpool FC '  ...
did you actually watch Liverpool from 1975 up until the introduction of barnes and beardsley?
they stuck out like a sore thumb at the time and again I recall discussing with a few liverpool fans at the time who agreed that they did not fit into the then traditional liverpool style (although everyone was happy when they were bought as they were good players elsewhere).
Shows you dont know hee-haw about liverpool or did not understand the club and its football prior to that Barnes and beardsley era.
I have totally backed up with facts that he was not anti-Irish while he managed Liverpool. He played Houghton for a whole season and didnt sell him until McManaman had established himself. Why would someone who was anti-Irish play an Irishman? Why did he play Whelan so much if he was anti-Irish?

In any event you are the one who alleged he was racist with no facts or evidence to back it up, and you have been beaten to a pulp in this argument!

Loser!

I don't for one minute believe you were a real Liverpool supporter. Perhaps a glory-hunting follower at one stage. But no true supporter would believe that Souness was anti-Irish, because they'd have the knowledge to know otherwise. And certainly no true supporter would give up being a fan just because they'd a crap manager for 2 and a half seasons.

Beardsley was the perfect successor to Dalglish. Obviously not quite as good, but the best around in that position at that time - created buckets of goals for Aldo just as Kenny had for Rushie. And Barnsey was a similar player to Steve Heighway, bombing down the left wing. Except Barnes was better at beating players and scored more goals. And funnily both only rarely produced their club form at international level.

mope sorry
cant accept that
I have no problem with you disagreeing on the barnes and beardsley thing but to say I wasnt a true supporter
well to wax lyrically about the liverpool team after that shows you were just a bandwagon jumper with no real clue about Livepool in the days when they were a real TEAM.

How can I pull out documented evidence on an opinion that was built up week by week wathing that idiot demolish all that was good about Lfc
you have given NO 'evidence' only circumstancial opinion - though with more names and so on that I have I'll grant you

I think theres a thread looking for your attention on the GAA discussion part - its looking for know alls  ::)

have to agree with lynch on this one, souness an absolute legend on the pitch but single destroyed liverpool as a mangager.  he inherited a team that was playing the best football seen in england for a long time who arguably would have picked up another euro cup had it not been for the ban.  And he more or less took the winning mentality out of the club during the 90's which we r only beginning to recliam now!  the 90's was th most important period in modern football it was when big money was ther to be made look at man utd, had kenny stayed on alot of the the glory united achieved in the 90's might have been liverpools, a bold statement i know and a case of shuda woulda coulda but the douness and evans era fucked us up and we r still recovering
shazam

From the Bunker

Any new Sunder-Ireland fans out there or are ye afraid of the Wife/Girlfriend?

sligeach

J70

Quote from: mooncatiii on July 03, 2007, 07:22:42 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 05, 2007, 02:27:15 PM

thats it in a nutshell

Loser!

mope sorry
cant accept that

have to agree with lynch on this one, souness an absolute legend on the pitch but single destroyed liverpool as a mangager.  he inherited a team that was playing the best football seen in england for a long time who arguably would have picked up another euro cup had it not been for the ban.  And he more or less took the winning mentality out of the club during the 90's which we r only beginning to recliam now!  the 90's was th most important period in modern football it was when big money was ther to be made look at man utd, had kenny stayed on alot of the the glory united achieved in the 90's might have been liverpools, a bold statement i know and a case of shuda woulda coulda but the douness and evans era fucked us up and we r still recovering

Just saw this post now!

Can't agree with this at all. Souness did poorly, no question, but the rot had well and truly set in before Dalglish left. The squad was aging, while Dalglish's signings in his last year or two left a lot to be desired (David Speedie, Jimmy Carter, Glen Hysen etc.). Alan Hansen said years ago that the Liverpool team that won the 1990 league was far inferior to any of the earlier teams he had played in. Maybe it was Hillsborough that changed things, but the club was slipping way before Souness came in. Dalglish jumped after several months of awful league form when Liverpool allowed a relatively average Arsenal team to come from well back to go top of the league, eventually winning it with a bit to spare. The defence in particular at that time was a complete disaster, as anyone who sat through the 1990 cup semi, heavy defeats at the likes of Arsenal and United, the cup tie with Everton before Dalglish's resignation and various other toothless, demoralizing defeats will remember. Souness made big changes to the ways things were run, but he didn't back them up with quality signings and so failed. However, to say that he single-handedly destroyed Liverpool as a top-class English side is nonsense.

From the Bunker

Looks like the Sunder-ireland fan base is a Myth, built on the back bone of bored Man u fans and Eamon Dunphy reteric. The irony of this season is that if Keane gets relegated, he will have the same promotion/relegation success as his nemisis McCarthy. Except McCarthy had no money to spend! I know this does not sound like it but i am a Keane Fan and i am weary of his stock weakening.